This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

TaxAct 30% Online off Fatwallet Exclusive

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
TaxAct 30% off FatWallet.com Exclusive 

Fatwallet has an exclusive 30% off offer on federal and state income tax filing services from TaxAct! The prices range from free for basic federal and state, to $10.50 for Plus and $21.00 for Premium with $17.50 for state filing.

Basic for simple 1040EZ and 1040A filers, free state included

• Free Federal and Free State with $5 Previous Year Import

Plus for itemizers, homeowners and investors

• $10.50 for Federal and $17.50 for State with Prior Year Import Included

Premium for self-employed, freelancers and contractors

• $21.00 Federal and $17.50 State with Prior Year Included

Member Summary

taxact
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

Farfisa850 (Jan. 25, 2017 @ 10:48a) |

price changed.

nookiewacookie1 (Jan. 30, 2017 @ 11:57a) |

Sorry for that  Bad business.  I will be working on my brother's and parents' returns, this week.  Next year I will prob... (more)

mdfosaurus (Feb. 05, 2017 @ 2:03p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is 30% off only for online version? When I click order and download, the price comes back to $30.

jiahuang said:   Is 30% off only for online version? When I click order and download, the price comes back to $30.
  Thats correct. Online products. Ive updated the title. Thanks!

How long is this offer valid?

enabler said:   How long is this offer valid?
  This is an ongoing offer. When we get notice that it will be expired Ill be sure to update the post. This party goes `til question mark!

Anyone know if a previous lock in price be changed to this better deal? I was previously locked in for $15 Tax Cut Plus, but doesn't adjust when I click on this FW offer.

I don't see the advertised price. It shows me Federal $30 and state $25 for the "Premium" edition. Am I missing something?

rpsolomon said:   I don't see the advertised price. It shows me Federal $30 and state $25 for the "Premium" edition. Am I missing something?
  Just tested it in Chrome and the prices adjust. What browser are you using? Perhaps try another one.

This work if you have a second home or need to consider child care deductions over flexed amount?  I imagine if you sell a vacation home you might have to see an accountant if you realize a gain. 

FYI:

Continue where I left off -> My Return Details -> My TaxAct Return Fees ->TaxAct Online Plus Edition

• Your Federal Return fee is $10.50.
  • Your State Return fee is $17.50.

mbrown53 said:   Anyone know if a previous lock in price be changed to this better deal? I was previously locked in for $15 Tax Cut Plus, but doesn't adjust when I click on this FW offer.

I am wondering the same... Anythin to lower the cost... But when I tried, it eft ine at $15....

I was kind of disappointed at the TaxAct pricing this year as it is MUCH higher than previous years.... The $15 used to cover the Fed AND Sate... Now state is a separate (and higher) fee....

Mildewman01 said:   
mbrown53 said:   Anyone know if a previous lock in price be changed to this better deal? I was previously locked in for $15 Tax Cut Plus, but doesn't adjust when I click on this FW offer.

I am wondering the same... Anythin to lower the cost... But when I tried, it eft ine at $15....

I was kind of disappointed at the TaxAct pricing this year as it is MUCH higher than previous years.... The $15 used to cover the Fed AND Sate... Now state is a separate (and higher) fee....

I'm in the same boat, it shows up as $12.50, anyway to get the $10 without creating a whole new account...

Not really a fan of TaxAct, it doesn't automatically import my company's W4 the way the other companies SW does.

I signed into TaxAct. com, went back to the above link and then clicked on the "start now" (for $10.50). When I click the blue upgrade button it shows Free/Plus/Premium for $0/$10.50/$21 respectively. Prior to that it was showing $15.00 for Plus.

jagilbertvt said:   I signed into TaxAct. com, went back to the above link and then clicked on the "start now" (for $10.50). When I click the blue upgrade button it shows Free/Plus/Premium for $0/$10.50/$21 respectively. Prior to that it was showing $15.00 for Plus.

Hello....

Had you previously locked in to a rate this tax year? I went back and retried and it is still showing $15 for me...

Tried the above. Still showing the same.

Your Federal Return fee is $15.00 and State Return fee is $25.00.

Agreed. This is my 3rd year using it and I was surprised at the price hike!  I'm having the same issue with the new promo code applying.  I've send them a contact email, so we'll see what they say.

I have been using TaxAct for over ten years, boy has the cost gone up but I will still use them.

Unfortunately, I am not getting the discount pricing either after using the FW link and logging in. I tried it on both the Firefox and Chrome browsers.

Still not a good price, I've used them in past years and always pay around $10-$15 for state, federal and itemization/homeowner. Credit Karma for $0 it is.

Showing $12.75 instead of $10.50

Can this be combined somehow with Ebates 7.5% cashback?

I am not seeing the discounted pricing. For instance, I see $15 + $25 for Plus federal + state filing.

I've tried Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome.

Same for me not getting any discounts.
I am using Tax act for many years. May be time to move to other site now.

I'll avoid the hassle and use Credit Karma tax this year.

Credit Karma does not have it's tax software up & running yet...when I logged into their website at: https://www.creditkarma.com/tax/early-access I get the message:
You already have a spot on the early access list. We’ll let you know as soon as you can start filing your taxes.

I also have price lock...logged into my TaxAct account, checked what the fee was (my return --> my return details in the middle of the screen there is "Payment Information", clicked the My Return Fees, and it was $15 for federal, $27 for state.

Then I opened another tab in Chrome, clicked on the link at the top of this thread, took me to Tax Act and then clicked "Get Started"...NOT the "Sign Back In"...logged into my existing account, imported 2015 return...when finished, did the same as above to find the fees were...and they changed!!!TaxAct Online Plus and State Edition

• Your Federal Return fee is $10.50 and State Return fee is $17.50.
  • If you elect to add Audit Defense, the fee is $50.00.

Can upgrade to premium for $21.

Has time limited?

Call them and they fix it. 8005734287

thanks op

sneakymoose said:   I am not seeing the discounted pricing. For instance, I see $15 + $25 for Plus federal + state filing.

I've tried Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Chrome.

Try cutting and pasting this exact link:  

http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-361116-12816215-1484602353000

Using the above link I was able to get the better pricing. I selected the start for free button and then logged into my account. Thanks OP and Farfisa850.

I can see in my account profile as

My TaxAct Return FeesTaxAct fees for your return are listed below.TaxAct Online Plus Edition

• Your Federal Return fee is $11.99.
  • Your State Return fee is $14.99.
  • If you elect to add Audit Defense, the fee is $50.00.

I should stick with my last year's lock In rate. At least I can save $1.02.

Thanks for the tips though.

Worked for me. Thanks, OP. While I agree that the price has increased quite a bit over the years (especially foe the State return,) it's so easy to file when you import last year's return. It's well worth $28 for both. I'm interested to see how the Credit Karma tool compares but maybe not its first year.

I've been a TaxAct user for many years, from when I could download the program, which allowed me to file the common forms including itemizing and investment income, for $13. I didn't too much care about the state edition, which is pretty simple for PA and you can do it online with the state for free. Then the price for the return I needed went WAY up last year, but they offered me a discount so I still paid.

For 2016, they want $40, no discount (and this FW offer doesn't apply to the download), that's FAR too much of an increase, even if only on principle. At this rate of increase, it'll be hundreds of dollars in a few years. Sorry guys, I'm jumping ship. I know programmers have to eat, but were they eating beans before and now dining at luxury restaurants?

I really prefer to use downloaded products, then I am confident I have the data on my computer at all times, and can always go back to it if I need to. With cloud-based products, of course I have to be near an internet connection, rely on the premise that the company will never go out of business or lose my data, not to mention security concerns.

Unfortunately, although there are a few cloud-based free products out there (FreeTaxUSA and now CreditKarma), I see nobody offering a free (or even pretty cheap) downloadable product. Unless I'm wrong, tell me.

TaxAct was sold to InfoSpace in 2012.  H&R Block failed to buy it previously due to antitrust.  To recover failed costs due to failed transaction, new owners etc will cost more money for everyone who uses TaxAct.  Now almost same price as TurboTax Deluxe.

Thank you! Following advise from Farfisa850, eledwards, and steveg121 -- direct link, "start a new return," and then log in -- I was able to get the FatWallet promotional pricing locked in.

if you have the ebates plugin in your browser, no matter what page you start on it will show the offer, if there is one in ebates.com, for ebates for that page. So, while using this offer or any other offer, if there is an ebates offer you should be able to activate it with that without losing the other store or other offer. You won't be able to do that by going through ebates home page to start your session. You need to get the plugin or addon from ebates website to add it to your browser before you start this deal. Then start the process of doing this deal here. Once you see the box drop down for ebate asking you to activate right click to the activate line and have it open in a new page, this way it won't take you away from the page for this offer but it will still activate the offer. So, once you finish your order check your email for the ebates, and if you don't get it soon you can use the email receipt for this to get your ebates. Just go to ebates and look up Where is my ebates? and it will explain how to process an ebate from an activation number, which you would have from the right click you did with the mouse to open ebates in a seperate page. Sometime you can just press the activate and it will bring you right where you left off. With this site though I suggest the first way I told you..

renatalackie said:   if you have the ebates plugin in your browser, no matter what page you start on it will show the offer, if there is one in ebates.com, for ebates for that page. So, while using this offer or any other offer, if there is an ebates offer you should be able to activate it with that without losing the other store or other offer. You won't be able to do that by going through ebates home page to start your session. You need to get the plugin or addon from ebates website to add it to your browser before you start this deal. Then start the process of doing this deal here. Once you see the box drop down for ebate asking you to activate right click to the activate line and have it open in a new page, this way it won't take you away from the page for this offer but it will still activate the offer. So, once you finish your order check your email for the ebates, and if you don't get it soon you can use the email receipt for this to get your ebates. Just go to ebates and look up Where is my ebates? and it will explain how to process an ebate from an activation number, which you would have from the right click you did with the mouse to open ebates in a seperate page. Sometime you can just press the activate and it will bring you right where you left off. With this site though I suggest the first way I told you..

If you try this, please be aware that it might not work.  It could break either the 30% off, or the cash back from Ebates.

Can this be combined with Amex offer?

Skipping 6 Messages...
Sorry for that  Bad business.  I will be working on my brother's and parents' returns, this week.  Next year I will probably try Credit Karma.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017