This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

(YMMV) XFINITY Internet with Exclusive Customer Service (10 Mbps) with 12-month term $19.99 w/ $100 Amazon Card

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Yes its Comcast. Yes I hate them. But they are the only ones that have cable in my area and this is a good deal. Im going to cancel my current plan and try and get this.

https://www.amazon.com/High-Speed-Internet-Exclusive-Customer-12-month/dp/B01B6ZI2Y8/?

Subscription Does Not Include
MODEM
You will need a modem for this package. You can choose to use your own or lease one (up to $10/month per modem lease) in the next step.

INSTALLATION
Activation will require either a self-installation ($0-$30) or a technician ($0-$200) to install your service. You can select an installation method and schedule a time slot in the next steps.

Member Summary

comcast
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

HIGHLY YMMV, there's not even a 12 month option in my area, and the other city I tried was $30/mo

Deal is $30/mo for me w/ $100 Amazon card.

PatioFurniture said:   Yes its Comcast. Yes I hate them. But they are the only ones that have cable in my area and this is a good deal. Im going to cancel my current plan and try and get this.

https://www.amazon.com/High-Speed-Internet-Exclusive-Customer-12-month/dp/B01B6ZI2Y8/? 

MODEM
You will need a modem for this package. You can choose to use your own or lease one (up to $10/month per modem lease) in the next step.

INSTALLATION
Activation will require either a self-installation ($0-$30) or a technician ($0-$200) to install your service. You can select an installation method and schedule a time slot in the next steps.

Usually these promotions are only available to new customers who haven't been a customer for 6 or 12 months. Do you have reason to believe you can cancel and immediately sign-up again and still receive the gift card?

I am currently an Xfinity subscriber as well, which is why I'm asking.

you can cancel your service thats under your name and use one of your family members name to sign up.. they treat that as a new customer but if you need to go to the service center to pickup your modem, that person has to go.

DaRealPencil said:   you can cancel your service thats under your name and use one of your family members name to sign up.. they treat that as a new customer but if you need to go to the service center to pickup your modem, that person has to go.
  Correct. I also have roommates so I can pass the ownership to one of them as we all split it anyways

No such company in Grants Pass Oregon

Thank you OP! I got in on this. Unfortunately I didn't have an option to choose self-installation so at the end of checkout they said they'd charge me $60 for it. However I have a SS of the language on the product page implying I could self-install. So I'll be calling them tomorrow to see what's up with that.

ALSO -- found the hook. At checkout they said that this promotion is partially because you're electing to get an eBill instead of paper mail. You must confirm that you want to keep recieving your bill through email within 30 days of signup. Otherwise you'll get another $10 a month charge tacked on. You can do this on their website.

jerosen said:   Deal is $30/mo for me w/ $100 Amazon card.
Same here, but w/ 25 Mbps, then signed up for $19.99 for 2 years (keeping fingers crossed) during account setup w/ no Amazon GC and $15 (ripoff) self install.

DaRealPencil said:   you can cancel your service thats under your name and use one of your family members name to sign up.. they treat that as a new customer but if you need to go to the service center to pickup your modem, that person has to go.

I heard this is not possible if they share the same last name. After 10 years of renewing promos every 6-12 months, this time they won't. About to schedule cancellation. Thoughts?

rsuaver said:   

I heard this is not possible if they share the same last name. After 10 years of renewing promos every 6-12 months, this time they won't. About to schedule cancellation. Thoughts?

Can't believe they let you renew promos for 10 yrs.   The longest I was allowed to continue on a promo was 3 yrs.   Having to switch is inevitable to become a 'new' customer (I was told you have to leave for 3 months).  Hope you have a 2nd provider in your area.

mmyk72 said:   
rsuaver said:   

Can't believe they let you renew promos for 10 yrs.   The longest I was allowed to continue on a promo was 3 yrs.   Having to switch is inevitable to become a 'new' customer (I was told you have to leave for 3 months).  Hope you have a 2nd provider in your area.

Much depends on the salesperson, many times it is not the actual company you deal
with but a sublet sales deal, those people just want to make a sale and will ok a renewal when maybe they should not have
I have charter here, I get calls weekly, half the time when asked if they are actually from charter the answer is no....
I have only their internet service, they would love to sell me phone and tv

SkipSwift said:   
PatioFurniture said:   Yes its Comcast. Yes I hate them. But they are the only ones that have cable in my area and this is a good deal. Im going to cancel my current plan and try and get this.

MODEM

INSTALLATION

Usually these promotions are only available to new customers who haven't been a customer for 6 or 12 months. Do you have reason to believe you can cancel and immediately sign-up again and still receive the gift card?

This is the first Comcast promo posted here that actually shows available for me. Well, not the deal in the OP - I get 25mbps for $29.99 the first 12 months. Then $49.99 for another 12 months.

That is, until I check the current customer box and it all goes away. I currently have 25mbps for $69.99 Not opposed to cancelling and signing back up under my wife's name. But am skeptical that would fly with the same last name and address,

Narcosis said:   
SkipSwift said:   

MODEM

INSTALLATION

This is the first Comcast promo posted here that actually shows available for me. Well, not the deal in the OP - I get 25mbps for $29.99 the first 12 months. Then $49.99 for another 12 months.

That is, until I check the current customer box and it all goes away. I currently have 25mbps for $69.99 Not opposed to cancelling and signing back up under my wife's name. But am skeptical that would fly with the same last name and address,

Get a gf and use her name, make the addy unit 2

Narcosis said:   
SkipSwift said:   

MODEM

INSTALLATION

I have done the same and it does work. You call the help # and those folks will be very willing to sign-you up. I did ask the CSR the same question and she said it won't be a problem. I went ahead and did it and everything went fine.

I guess my question is would the Xfinity internet connection strength of 10 Mbps or for that matter 25 Mbps, be strong enough to handle Roku, Hulu, or Amazon TV?

bottomfeeder said:   I guess my question is would the Xfinity internet connection strength of 10 Mbps or for that matter 25 Mbps, be strong enough to handle Roku, Hulu, or Amazon TV?
  easily

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017