ASUS TM-AC1900 Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router (Recertified) $45.99 @ Tanga w/FS

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Tanga has the ASUS TM-AC1900 Wireless-AC1900 Dual-Band Gigabit Router (Recertified) on sale for $45.99 with free shipping

• Supports 2.4GHz and 5GHz
  • Prioritizes T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling
  • Covers 3,000+ sq. ft.
  • 3 External Dual-Band Detachable Antennas

4.1/5 stars based on 1,179 customer reviews at Amazon - $153.03 shipped for a new model. 

Member Summary

ASUS TM-AC1900
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Oh finally! I was hoping this would go back on sale. Tmobile canceled my last order saying that it was discontinued, but they are selling it on Amazon. Bastards!

More info can be found in this thread
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1549276 

Summary:

• Tmobile Asus TM-1900 = Asus AC1900.
  • Tmobile version runs the tmobile firmware what gives propriety to voip. Cannot be changed
  • TM-1900 can be flashed to AC1900
  • popular firmware are by Asus Merlin

so... this one worth it?

Depending on what you have currently, but based on the Amazon reviews. It would seem so

Got one from T-Mobile a while ago, flashed it to asus firmware, then merlin, and it's been running perfectly since. Fast, stable, so far no cons at all.

I picked one of these in November from Tanga, and, yes, it can be flashed to the Asus firmware or one of the hybrids.  It took me awhile as there are many pitfalls in the flashing process, it is much more complex than you might expect, see youtube video on flashing the router.

I have two of these to replace to older "N" routers. Converted them both over to ASUS firmware. The one from Tanga took a looooooooooong time to get here.

So far so good. I have them currently setup as APs hardwired to my Verizon router with the plan to make one of the ASUS's the main router. The range on the Verizon router stinks.

lowest price ever have seen.

Indeed, the ASUS TM-AC1900 from Tanga took over a month to arrive.  Tanga claimed that it was the suppliers fault.

I received mine (advertised as "BRAND NEW") from Tanga in about 3 weeks (Ordered Dec 17th, received Jan 7th). However, I received a used unit (had dust, carpet fibers etc on it). I just returned it earlier this week.
Anyone else had the same issue OR were the "BRAND NEW" units really "new"? 

I bought this router 6 months ago from T-Mobile for $60. Best router I've ever had, and that's with the T-Mo firmware. It's rock solid, fast, and I can turn all the LED's off.

faridaborker said:   I received mine (advertised as "BRAND NEW") from Tanga in about 3 weeks (Ordered Dec 17th, received Jan 7th). However, I received a used unit (had dust, carpet fibers etc on it). I just returned it earlier this week.

If that's what they send when you buy a new one, I'd worry what they'd send when you buy a re-certified one.

tommyy22 said:   
faridaborker said:   I received mine (advertised as "BRAND NEW") from Tanga in about 3 weeks (Ordered Dec 17th, received Jan 7th). However, I received a used unit (had dust, carpet fibers etc on it). I just returned it earlier this week.

If that's what they send when you buy a new one, I'd worry what they'd send when you buy a re-certified one.

Mine was recertified/refurbished. It looked almost new. Seems to be working fine.

SOLD OUT

These are back in stock again !!

For the folks who want this router. Remember that Tanga can take a month to send out the units. Put an order in on 1/19/2017 and it was still processing since yesterday. Canceled the order through text and brought the less powerful one from Newegg.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017