• filter:
This deal has expired.

Zojirushi MICOM 3-Cup Rice Cooker & Warmer (NS-LAC05XT) - $107.50 AC FS @ Macy's

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Macy's has the Zojirushi MICOM 3-Cup Rice Cooker & Warmer (NS-LAC05XT)  on sale for $214.99  - 50% coupon code "FIFTY" = $107.50 with free shipping

Deal Notes: This matches the lowest price ever from Amazon according to Camelcamelcamel

• Includes measuring cup, nonstick rice spatula and spatula holder
  • Menu selections for white or brown rice, sushi, porridge and quick cooking
  • Easy-to-read LCD control panel with clock, timer and warmer functions
  • Nonstick inner cooking pan
  • Inner lid detaches for easy cleaning
  • Dimensions: 9-1/8" x 11-7/8" x 7-1/2"
  • 1-year warranty

Rated 4.6/5 stars with 1,717 customer reviews.

The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Shopping is $158.49 shipped from Dillard's.

More deals in the official Macy*s coupon thread.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Made in Japan or China?

rated:
speckr said:   Made in Japan or China?
  According to Amazon, made in China.  Is there versions of Zojirushi cookers made in Japan?

rated:
Made in China for all that cared.

rated:
DyslexicHobo said:   
  According to Amazon, made in China.  Is there versions of Zojirushi cookers made in Japan?

Yes, or at least a few models were still made in Japan as of a year ago.

I'm not sure whether the original question was aimed at avoiding Chinese products for political or socioeconomic reasons or whether it is born from concern over material & build quality, but to the latter I can say that I have a made-in-China NS-TSC18 10-cup cooker/steamer/warmer (currently $158 on Amazon) that I use all the time & it has performed & held up fantastically.

I actually just made some pretty decent mostaccioli & meatballs in it last night, and when I woke up this morning the leftovers were still hot & ready to eat without having dried or burnt at all during the 10 hours or so it sat unattended.  More than once I have forget to clean up after a meal & found moist, delicious, ready-to-eat rice an entire day or two later.

I was pretty hesitant at first when I bought my Zoj, but I have absolutely no regrets & really can't say enough good things about it.

rated:
Solipsist said:   
DyslexicHobo said:   
  According to Amazon, made in China.  Is there versions of Zojirushi cookers made in Japan?

Yes, or at least a few models were still made in Japan as of a year ago.

I'm not sure whether the original question was aimed at avoiding Chinese products for political or socioeconomic reasons or whether it is born from concern over material & build quality, but to the latter I can say that I have a made-in-China NS-TSC18 10-cup cooker/steamer/warmer (currently $158 on Amazon ) that I use all the time & it has performed & held up fantastically.

I actually just made some pretty decent mostaccioli & meatballs in it last night, and when I woke up this morning the leftovers were still hot & ready to eat without having dried or burnt at all during the 10 hours or so it sat unattended.  More than once I have forget to clean up after a meal & found moist, delicious, ready-to-eat rice an entire day or two later.

I was pretty hesitant at first when I bought my Zoj, but I have absolutely no regrets & really can't say enough good things about it.

Sorry my Chinese friends.  Main reason for me is quality.  B4, Chinese made products were cheap and quality was shit.  Now, Chinese made products gotten more expensive but still shit in quality for things that need to be plugged in the electric outlets.  Same goes with food products. 

rated:
Concern over material and build quality not political or socioeconomic reasons. Tibet does come to mind since you mention it though. I would prefer, if I had a choice, one made in Japan. The quality is better. At half price I will give it a shot with not knowing. Can not find info on Macys website.

rated:
You can buy the InstantPot, far more competent and versatile device about the same price.
https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-IP-DUO60-Multi-Functional-Pre...

Frequently sells for $99 on Amazon

rated:
I'll wait until another Newegg cooker for $50 +/-. My standards are lower ... anything with even a bit of fuzzy logic will surpass my stovetop fails.

rated:
  China.

For what its worth, I bought this model 3 years ago, and while I never had a rice cooker before, I have to say this thing works great.

rated:
My Made in Japan model is truly a great product. It was their top of the line model. 

I couldn't recommend any Chinese knockoff.

rated:
Slightly off topic - Chinese tourists in Japan load up on Zojirushi, likely made in China.

rated:
Have a Zojirushi bread maker, must by well over 10 years now. Made like a tank.   Insert wears out, but the main unit still going strong.

Not sure why these rice makers are so expensive.    I bought a Micom  Rice maker (off brand) for $20  on sale that makes  perfectly decent  bowl of white or brown.

rated:
made in China bro

rated:
stardent said:   Slightly off topic - Chinese tourists in Japan load up on Zojirushi, likely made in China.
  They more likely buy the better models made in Japan.

rated:
Dow1000 said:   Have a Zojirushi bread maker, must by well over 10 years now. Made like a tank.   Insert wears out, but the main unit still going strong.

Not sure why these rice makers are so expensive.    I bought a Micom  Rice maker (off brand) for $20  on sale that makes  perfectly decent  bowl of white or brown.

Not sure why the BMWs are so expensive. My neighbor bought a Kia for 20% of the BMW price, and it transports him perfectly from home to office.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017