Dell Refurbished: 50% Off Dell Laptops or Desktops + Free Shipping (excludes E6430 models)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Dell Refurbished is offering 50% Off Dell Laptops or Desktops + Free Shipping  using our FatWallet Exclusive Coupon Code "FATWALLET50". 

(Excludes E6430 models) 

Valid thru 1/25!

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I'm glad that people are finally getting the message about Dell Financial Services.

I'll never forget my experience with ... (more)

conncarl (Jan. 25, 2017 @ 8:03p) |

cybercho (Jan. 25, 2017 @ 11:05p) |

I have to speak up here because i have ordered 5 laptops and 3 desktops from Dell refurb.   All of the units were in gre... (more)

dev77 (Jan. 26, 2017 @ 12:21a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Beware when buying from dellrefurbished.com. For example: They absolutely know what type of hard-drive is in the each unit when they post them since they have all gone through a refurbishing process. But refuse to state if the hard drive is solid state or not. You might even think that you can figure it out (like I did) by looking at the options which were available for that model. In my case, the drives over 256GB were HD but they offered SSD with 25GB or less. I bought one with 250GB drive. When it arrived it was a HD. When I went to Dell.com and entered the service code, is showed that the unit originally had a 500GB HD.

When I called dellrefurbished.com "customer support", I started to say "I just got my unit..." but before I could finish my sentence she says that we don't guarantee what is in them. I am like really? So this happens that frequently. Plus, you will pay to return it if you don't like it and 15% for restocking.

Last time I bought a refurb from them, the unit was so beat up. A full charge battery lasted less than 1hr. These are lease return and are very old and crappy.  Don't waste your time and money.

Delete post.

Agree.  Do not buy from dellrefurbished.com.

Their units are not "refurbished" at all.  They are "reconditioned."  Meaning...they are wiped clean and a new install of windows is done.

No work is done on batteries or any internal issues.

And just try returning it.  Wow...what a crap show.

I've had good luck... I've purchased a desktop, multiple laptops, and a server from Dell Refurb. Laptop batteries can be an issue but that should be expected. One laptop had this issue in my experience out of IIRC 3 units.

everything is 6430!!!

These Dell "specials" keep getting posted by FW staff, about one a week. They're not deals at all, since Dell simply marks up the product and then gives a discount. I assume FW is getting some sort of benefit (kickback?) from posting these fake "hot deals", but it pollutes the forum and makes FW seem less legit.

$100 for an i5 desktop seems like a deal to me. To each his own..

I have bought over 50 of these units, and I have never received one that was beat up or crappy looking. Everyone I have bought looked immaculate. One thing Dell does, is put brand new hard drives in these units. I would not be afraid at all to buy from them again and again. I think these bad reviewers are just talking a bunch
of smack!!

gremln007 said:   $100 for an i5 desktop seems like a deal to me. To each his own..
  Ohh boy, a 2nd gen i5 for $100 bucks! 

brownfam3 said:   I have bought over 50 of these units, and I have never received one that was beat up or crappy looking. Everyone I have bought looked immaculate. One thing Dell does, is put brand new hard drives in these units. I would not be afraid at all to buy from them again and again. I think these bad reviewers are just talking a bunch
of smack!!

Huh?? 
You really think that Dell puts NEW hard drives in ancient $150 computers? Those HDD's alone would eat up any possible profit they could make, and then some.

gremln007 said:   $100 for an i5 desktop seems like a deal to me. To each his own..
  I got an i5 on eBay for $99 last July. It was 3rd gen, with 8 GB of RAM and a 1 TB HDD.
So no, $100 for an old i5 is no special deal. It's just the regular price. Desktops are dirt cheap now.

Why cant I use a Dell giftcard at this site.  Man they make those hard to use

how's the battery on these things?

Just bought one last week (also a 50% off sale). Got a all-in-one unit with a i7 processor. I had the same question on the hard drive as the new ones had a SSD, but this one came with a HD (250GB). Got it for less than $300.

Item was in B condition. THere are some scuffs on the back of the unit, and some on the stand, but the screen and bezel in front is prefect. Performs well. I'd buy from there again.

alexnguyenseattle said:   everything is 6430!!!
  There are a lot of E6430's right now. They aren't included in this deal because many of them are already marked down to $199.

canoeguy1 said:   
brownfam3 said:   I have bought over 50 of these units, and I have never received one that was beat up or crappy looking. Everyone I have bought looked immaculate. One thing Dell does, is put brand new hard drives in these units. I would not be afraid at all to buy from them again and again. I think these bad reviewers are just talking a bunch
of smack!!

Huh?? 
You really think that Dell puts NEW hard drives in ancient $150 computers? Those HDD's alone would eat up any possible profit they could make, and then some.

Maybe he's thinking of the refurb units from Dell outlet.  I've had pretty good luck with those.  Like new condition, new parts, same as new warranty, etc.  But that's a completely different world from the stuff sold at dellrefurbished which has old lease turn-ins that are wiped and resold with only the bare amount of work done to make them sellable.  That's why the seller is Dell Financial Services and the warranty is only 100 days.

Dell Outlet != Dell Refurbished

fungo45 said:   Just bought one last week (also a 50% off sale). Got a all-in-one unit with a i7 processor. I had the same question on the hard drive as the new ones had a SSD, but this one came with a HD (250GB). Got it for less than $300.

Item was in B condition. THere are some scuffs on the back of the unit, and some on the stand, but the screen and bezel in front is prefect. Performs well. I'd buy from there again.

You could of getting a better deal on eBay

I'm glad that people are finally getting the message about Dell Financial Services.

I'll never forget my experience with them.  They shipped me a grimy, greasy, sticky PC, thrown in a box with mismatched, ill-fitting packing.  The case was dented and gouged deeply enough to go right through the paint and primer and expose the bare sheet metal.  The chassis and CPU heat sink were packed with dust bunnies.

When I asked how this could have passed their refurbishment process, they told me that their products were "visually refurbished".  When I asked what that meant, they told me that they inspected them.  In other words, they refurbish the products by looking at them.  I don't think that's what most people think of when they hear "refurbished".

As far as cleaning, they don't even wipe them with a damp paper towel.

Buying anything from DFS is a roll of the dice.  As I've said before, if you get a lightly used unit from a professional environment that was carefully repackaged by the lease customer or their IT department, you may be very happy with your unit.  But if you wind up with a unit that spent its life in an auto Body Shop or a fast food restaurant, you may be disappointed.

You sir....have hit it right on the nail.  said: I'm glad that people are finally getting the message about Dell Financial Services.

I'll never forget my experience with them.  They shipped me a grimy, greasy, sticky PC, thrown in a box with mismatched, ill-fitting packing.  The case was dented and gouged deeply enough to go right through the paint and primer and expose the bare sheet metal.  The chassis and CPU heat sink were packed with dust bunnies.

When I asked how this could have passed their refurbishment process, they told me that their products were "visually refurbished".  When I asked what that meant, they told me that they inspected them.  In other words, they refurbish the products by looking at them.  I don't think that's what most people think of when they hear "refurbished".

As far as cleaning, they don't even wipe them with a damp paper towel.

Buying anything from DFS is a roll of the dice.  As I've said before, if you get a lightly used unit from a professional environment that was carefully repackaged by the lease customer or their IT department, you may be very happy with your unit.  But if you wind up with a unit that spent its life in an auto Body Shop or a fast food restaurant, you may be disappointed.

I have to speak up here because i have ordered 5 laptops and 3 desktops from Dell refurb.   All of the units were in great condition-barely a scratch on them, i ordered a couple a condition and the rest b condition and there was barely a scratch on them, the keyboards look new.   I cannot speak to the drives on them.  I put a ssd in each of them because i like the extra performance.   Although i did order two xps and they already had ssds in them.   I had a problem with one 6330 in that i ordered it with an i7 instead of an i5.   The  fan on this unit stayed on all the time and when i spoke to them the tech told me the i7 runs hotter and that is probably the reason, he let me return it with no restocking fee, then i ordered an i5 and i had no problems.   I would stay away from an i7 in these units(laptops) for that reason.   I only have good things to say about all of the other units.   I do not work for Dell.  I am Handy with a screwdriver and can take these apart.    I cracked a screen on one and ordered it from eBay for about $35 and replaced it.   This was quite easy.   With the availability of cheap parts on these they are easy and inexpensive to repair.    These are not machines you want to play heavy games on or video edit, but they really do scream on normal business apps and working on the net.   At 50% off with free shipping this is a very good deal

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017