This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

TaxAct Federal & State Tax Services: 50% Off: Plus $7.50 or Premium $15

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Tax Act is offering 50% Off Federal & State Tax Services. The discount is valid for either or Plus or Premium Services.

Note, offer is valid through 1/25

• Plus $7.50

• For itemizers, homeowners and investors

• State: $12.50 after discount

• Premium $15

• For self-employed, freelancers and contractors

• State: $12.50 after discount

Tax Act offers the following benefits:

• 50% Off also applies to State (price applied on product page)
  • Maximum Refund Pledge
  • Price Lock Guarantee
  • 100% Accuracy Guarantee

Member Summary

TaxAct
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm just seeing the $10.50 + $17.50 (state) pricing when I start a new return using this link.

sneakymoose said:   I'm just seeing the $10.50 + $17.50 (state) pricing when I start a new return using this link.
  sorry. I was edit links

When I click on OP's link it shows:
Plus $15 with State additional $25
Premium $30 with State additional $25

Do you have to create an account before the reduced pricing appears?

I would be all over this if Premium was $15

The link bring me to $30 + 25 state ??? Did I miss anything?

The OP link is, obviously, broken. Just do a web search for the exact topic headline. First hit takes you to "the other site" with working link.

Ive fixed the link in the OP
Here is the link that should work for the offer:

http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-361116-12823595-1485298514000 

Thanks OP! This is the cheapest price I've seen this year (sadly). $20 is the most I wanted to pay, so this made the cut...

In the past TaxAct seemed to be sensitive to demand, and offer better discounts later into the season. If you are not going to file yet, lock the price and see if even better offer gets out in coming weeks.

if you google TaxAct $7.50 it will take you to the landing page with $7.50.

The Plus version with State is 7.50 + 12.50 ($20 total). Prior years had always been below $20 IIRC.

Link doesn't work. Tried multiple times.

Online version only

Have any itemizers used this who can chime in as to how good it is or not?

Lugs said:   Have any itemizers used this who can chime in as to how good it is or not?

TaxAct in general?

It works great for itemized deductions.

As someone posted, this is the online version only, I much prefer the downloaded product, which for 2016 has gone up to $40. With a 50% discount on the DOWNLOAD product, I'd bite.

Otherwise there are free online products available.

try clearing your browser cache and then clicking on link

Does TaxAct now include the Data Archive Service (DAS) in the base fee. I seem to remember seeing this somewhere, but can't find it.

If I look at my return, I don't see the option to buy DAS as an option.

Thanks for the jdoq link. I wasn't able to score the reduced price in an account where I'd locked in the FatWallet promo pricing, but I was able to get it added to a different TaxAct account that I hadn't used for several years.

I thought I locked in a $10 price for 2016 Premiun during the 2015 tax season. 2016 Premium return created March 2015 show as $27.99 when I log into TaxAct.  Was able to 'add' another return at the $15 price and can delete the first one since I haven't started yet.
Thanks OP.

edit:  AND it shows as a 1/26 creation date (as in past the 1/25 expiration for the discount).  YMMV.

wyle1 said:   I thought I locked in a $10 price for 2016 Premiun during the 2015 tax season. 2016 Premium return created March 2015 show as $27.99 when I log into TaxAct.  Was able to 'add' another return at the $15 price and can delete the first one since I haven't started yet.
Thanks OP.

edit:  AND it shows as a 1/26 creation date (as in past the 1/25 expiration for the discount).  YMMV.

I also think I locked in at $10 for the 2016 Premium when I did 2015 filing with TaxAct. I recall, after the lock-in, that price appeared in my account, and I even left a memo to myself separately. But, as you said, now I see it got bumped up to $27.99. So, I messaged the customer service, and was told: "We have not had a promotion for 2016 returns for $10." So, I was puzzled and even suspected my own confabulation. But, not being alone, I am now convinced that I did lock in for $10. It's just unfortunate that I didn't get a screen capture or something (because then it properly appeared in my account as I said!). IT IS AN UNETHICAL BUSINESS PRACTICE TO PROMOTE A DEAL, SILENTLY DROPS IT, AND THEN DENIES THE PROMOTION AT ALL. Shame on TaxAct!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017