This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Free Clothes at KMART & SEARS with possible $9 and $8 surprise points (ex 1/29) YMMV

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
got a bunch of new surprise points in my account today!

$9 at Kmart on $9+ in clothes

$8 at Sears on $8+ in clothes

$6 at Sears on $6+ just about anything (tools, household, clothes, etc)

so log in and see if you 'lucked out'   all expire 1/29

www.shopyourway.com

Member Summary

Kmart
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
So the smart sense chocolates bridge mix arrived stale and expired. there isn't even a date on the cookies. if I return... (more)

gisele2828 (Jan. 31, 2017 @ 1:24p) |

What they will give you back on a return depends how you paid. Cash gets cash. Points get points back. I believe you can... (more)

MrVietnam (Jan. 31, 2017 @ 3:02p) |

I had $7 in surprise points again for clothes; more free socks combined with 49˘ in points I already had which is good w... (more)

Larryslug (Feb. 05, 2017 @ 1:08a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I don't have any at the moment, but I've been getting a lot of these lately. The problem is that there are severe limitations to the clothing I'd even want at Sears and Kmart, aside from socks and underwear as well as Levi's jeans (only at Sears ). But the good news is that I've found that there are lots of things that count as "clothing" that you wouldn't suspect. For example, I've bought Totes umbrellas before with these offers. I've also found out that a lot of athletic team merchandise counts as clothing for some reason too, so I've been buying pint glasses with my favorite college sports team, one glass at a time with these offers. Waiting for the next one to pop up and hope they don't go out of stock so that I can score that fourth one for my collection...

I've been getting 1 to 2 of these a week...Works for cheap baby clothes.

Just checked and the $8 is in my account. Thanks OP.

I've had $8/$8 on clothing two weeks in a row, each time I picked up a Basic Editions T-shirt.

Had a $10/$10 on sporting goods two weeks ago, got an insulated mug for $8.99 and a dollar-store poncho as a filler.

The dollar-store poncho was $1.49. So as always with K-Mart, the usual "almost everything at K-Mart is worth only 2/3 what it costs" rule (important when valuing big SYWR back) applied. It was worth it for the $10/$10.

BTW right now my only SP is $9/$55 on "pretty much anything" at Kmart. Not going to happen.

-aw

Does it work if you have 9$ in surprise points and if you buy an item for 8.99$

Does not.

recklessmax said:   Does it work if you have 9$ in surprise points and if you buy an item for 8.99$
  Sometimes, because it's SYWR.  I've had it both ways and you just can't tell from their 'details' / fine print.  You can only try it and see.

My experience is that it typically doesn't for the same reason a "$10 off $50" coupon won't necessarily work for $49.99. Of course it depends on the specific terms of the specific offer, as dlong says. The trick is to have a filler that's as small as possible.

=aw

yes. $9 surprise points. You can buy anything up to $9. So $8.99 did work for me.

Enjoy the bargains at Kmart & Sears while you can:
Shocking New Report: Dying Sears Blowing Through Money at an Alarming Rate (from thestreet.com)
https://www.thestreet.com/story/13966689/1/shocking-new-report-d...

I realize now my Sporting Goods referenced earlier was "$10 in Surprise Points on Sporting Goods" while the Apparel was "$8 on $8+ in Apparel".

=aw

rachnamoore said:   yes. $9 surprise points. You can buy anything up to $9. So $8.99 did work for me.
  typically, that is not true. you must spend at least the threshold amount for the surprise points to hit $9 or more. $8.99 will not activate surprise points, you may have possibly had other points deducted (regular) not surprise points.

I didn't test my $10 in Sporting Goods SP (got the dollar-store poncho for $1.49 as filler), but it was definitely worded differently than most. I agree, typically not.

On a tangent, I had a lot of trouble spending my $7/$7 on (crap) jewellery, and it typifies one of the problems Kmart has. I'm sure it's a lack of staffing resources, and I understand that, but they often reduce prices on things without posting it. This goes back to my first recent experience a few years ago, we saw some shirts I really liked and they were only $12.99 so I bought a couple. Got home and discovered they were $8.99 on the receipt (precise numbers hazy with time). It's great that I saved money, but the point of additional reductions is to sell more, not to leave more cash in the customer's pocket!

In the recent case of the jewellery, that particular section (some Joe Boxer, some Jaclyn Smith) is perpetually on sale for 50+% off. I ran in (Sunday night last day of my SPs) a couple of weeks ago and there was no sign. I figured "okay St. Valentine's Day is coming, of course it's 'full' price". Picked a $7.99 (Clearance, reg $10.99) Joe Boxer piece of junk and headed for the cash to use my $7/$7. Learned it was $2.56 so the rack of Joe Boxer was 70% OFF CLEARANCE! Obviously couldn't use the SPs so I went back and had to work at it to get up to $7.19.

But again what's the points!? If someone actually wanted to buy his friend/mother/kid something vaguely nice for $8, then discovered it was $2.56, you just lost $5.44 with no benefit. At least stick a hand-written "70% off Joe Boxer Clearance" sign on it! Maybe if they knew it was <$3 someone would buy 10 for their kid's next birthday party or something. (Yes I know my numbers don't add up but this is about the principle and it's not important -- never thought I'd hear myself say that .

=aw

I've gotten a fee similar to these in the past few weeks that seem to appear when I bought something.  All the ones I received didn't have the + after the purchase amount ($10 off $10, not $10 off $10+).  That's the difference.  Without the +, you culd buy $9.99 with the points.  With the +, the amount is the minimum purchase required for the points to kick in.

cows123 said:   I've gotten a fee similar to these in the past few weeks that seem to appear when I bought something.  All the ones I received didn't have the + after the purchase amount ($10 off $10, not $10 off $10+).  That's the difference.  Without the +, you culd buy $9.99 with the points.  With the +, the amount is the minimum purchase required for the points to kick in.

The plus is there to indicate 9 OR MORE. not $9.01. for instance, an item priced $9.99 might really interest you, so you'd pay 99c. It's sometimes hard to find an item you want priced EXACTLY at the surprise point amount.

Got a real nice glass water bottle with the $10 in "sporting goods." ($.49) Also had a $8 off $8, and a $7 off $7. Used some fillers and ended up paying pennies for even $15 in clearance baby clothes. Oh and ebates is paying out on the full order amount for me; making these slightly better than free. 

Not sure what their deal is right now, these offers are now popping up multiple times a week it seems.

Desperation. Mortgaging the future to pay for today.

=aw

True. These are better than the "Spend $XX get $XX back in points". This is just straight up free stuff. Makes my head hurt. 

May be time to open a second, third, fourth...SYW account. 

Yeah even the "get 100% back in points" is still nominally half price, but in practice more like 1/3 off since the stuff tends to be expensive in the first place (unless you want something specific, like an appliance from Sears).

This evening I went from $9 in SPs to $32 in SPs, most of them won't be used and all of them are unexciting:

$9/$55 at Kmart
$7/$55 at Kmart
$5/$40 at Sears or Kmart
$5/$25 at Kmart on Toys
$6/$6 at Kmart on jewelry (I might use this one to buy more Clearance crap).

=aw

Stubtify said:    This is just straight up free stuff.

Only if you find items priced exactly the same as the SP.

On $8 SP, I tried the following without success:
- 1x $7.99 tee-shirt
- 3x $3 socks
- 2x $5 thermal underwear
- 1x $9.98 jeans marked Clearance

Tried the following on store pick-up with success:
- 4x $2 socks
- 2x $5 St. Jude's beanies

On the $5, succeeded with clearance items in the Home Dept. and Bath Dept., but not with seltzer water, soap, or toothbrushes.

Any other experiences?

Got $10 off $10 yesterday. Now got $10 off $10 sporting goods offer. Don't walk, run towards bankruptcy.

So the smart sense chocolates bridge mix arrived stale and expired. there isn't even a date on the cookies. if I return them will I get points or $ back?? they already credited the 100% points for the purchase. will they actually make me send it back? hardly worth the bother for a couple of dollars. thanks for input.

gisele2828 said:   So the smart sense chocolates bridge mix arrived stale and expired. there isn't even a date on the cookies. if I return them will I get points or $ back?? they already credited the 100% points for the purchase. will they actually make me send it back? hardly worth the bother for a couple of dollars. thanks for input.
What they will give you back on a return depends how you paid. Cash gets cash. Points get points back. I believe you can return online orders to a local store as Lin as the store carries that product. They will take your 109% back though if you return it.

I had $7 in surprise points again for clothes; more free socks combined with 49˘ in points I already had which is good when you only have $1.08 in points

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017