• filter:
This deal has expired.

Prime Members: Amazon Dash Button + $4.99 Credit w/ First Press $4.99 at amazon.com + FS

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

pic (123.39kB)
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Prime Members: Amazon Dash Button + $4.99 Credit w/ First Press
$4.99
https://www.amazon.com/Dash-Buttons/b?ie=UTF8&node=10667898011 

Exclusively for Amazon Prime Members, you can get Amazon Dash Buttons for $4.99 -- plus, you'll get a $4.99 Credit with your first pressShipping is free
If you are interested in Amazon Prime, click here to get a free 30-day trial. Benefits include free 2-day shipping on millions of items, exclusive discounts, Amazon Prime video streaming, unlimited music, unlimited photo storage, & more. Students can get a free 6-month trial here as well
Dash Buttons let you re-order your essentials at the click of a button to save you time. Since you're an Amazon Prime member, you'll be saving money, too.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I can't help but wonder who these things were made for.

Is there really someone out there who is so super lazy that they will: 
pay for the button itself,   
pay shipping,
wait for the button to be shipped to their door,
set up the button using their smartphone device,
keep the Amazon app installed just so the button could continue to be used,
keep the device connected to wifi just so the button can communicate with said device and make the bloody purchase, 
and then STILL just make a simple purchase from Amazon as they could before? What do you gain? 

You only get a select amount of products to assign to the dash button's quick purchase. 
You even have to pay for the privilege (Amazon Prime) to buy one of these buttons. What? 

How is this device any different from literally making a website bookmark that leads directly to the product page and then pressing the quick purchase button? That service available to anyone with an internet browser?? 

And what's stopping anyone from pushing the button again and again, making tons of purchases?

I've never felt so baffled by the amount of convenience offered and never thought convenience could be so...cannibalistic. 

rated:
Himahana said:   I can't help but wonder who these things were made for.

Is there really someone out there who is so super lazy that they will: 
pay for the button itself,   
pay shipping,
wait for the button to be shipped to their door,
set up the button using their smartphone device,
keep the Amazon app installed just so the button could continue to be used,
keep the device connected to wifi just so the button can communicate with said device and make the bloody purchase, 
and then STILL just make a simple purchase from Amazon as they could before? What do you gain? 

You only get a select amount of products to assign to the dash button's quick purchase. 
You even have to pay for the privilege (Amazon Prime) to buy one of these buttons. What? 

How is this device any different from literally making a website bookmark that leads directly to the product page and then pressing the quick purchase button? That service available to anyone with an internet browser?? 

And what's stopping anyone from pushing the button again and again, making tons of purchases?

I've never felt so baffled by the amount of convenience offered and never thought convenience could be so...cannibalistic. 

I don't think most of your arguments hold water.  I don't believe you need the app installed.  The nice thing about dash button is that it will let you ship a product that otherwise would be an add-on item.  If you press it again and again, it only orders once (not sure within what time limit)  

Having said that, I don't actually use mine (other than for the first purchase), but I do hope to hook them up to track random things (which you can do if you have a computer on the same network, or a raspberry pi).

I do see how it could be convenient, the way an Amazon echo is convenient.  Oh, we're out of Tide, I need to remember to order more.  Ooops, forgot to order it, now I have to drive to the store and pay extra.  Here, you see it, you act.  Press a button and Tide will show up to your house within 2 days.  

rated:
Wake me up when there's a Pabst Blue Ribbon one of these.

rated:
russ0519 said:   
Pay extra for what? What are you paying extra for in a local shop? 

With the dash button you're not only paying for the product, but you are conceding to Amazon's higher prices and the need to pay for shipping. Not just any shipping, two-day shipping. The product isn't even guaranteed fresh. They sit in Amazon's warehouse! 

They is absolutely ridiculous. 

There's an Orbit gum dash button. You mean to tell me there's a person who needs a panic button to order a three-pack of Orbit gum at a "moment's" notice? 

rated:
Can you imagine panic-ordering some Orbit gum and then only to find out it isn't fresh?

rated:
Bagofchips said:   Can you imagine panic-ordering some Orbit gum and then only to find out it isn't fresh?

I don't think the lazy-arse is going to care so much. They obviously don't leave their house & go into any stores that would very likely have a pack of their chewing gum

rated:
I am sure it will be best push toy button for kids to play.

rated:
I was wondering the exact same thing about these buttons. Seem pointless to me.

rated:
The real problem are the price of the goods. Like there is a Kingsford charcoal button. Two bags are $21 (and Amazon prices fluctuate), you can get 2 bags at WalMart for $10. Some Amazon products are 10% higher. I really like the idea but not whenyhe price of the products is so much more.

rated:
Got to admit the only reason I looked into this thread is I was trying to figure out what in the world these things were good for. I suppose if there was one I could buy that was a great deal now, I would buy it, use it once then destroy it (or at least lock it up) but I really don't see any other use for it for me.

Not intending to threadcrap but honestly confused the purpose of these.

rated:
The cool tech-geek kids in my office would get this sort of thing just because!

rated:
Glad I'm not the only one who things these buttons are foolish.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017