LG X Style 5” Gorilla Glass 4G LTE Android Tracfone with 1350 Minutes, Texts and Data, 1 Year of Service 89.95

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.hsn.com/todays-special 

HSN todays special 1/27/2017

Tracfone
5" screen
Android 6.0
8 GB (up to 3.7 GB usable)
1.5 GB RAM
1 year service
1350 minutes, texts, data
CDMA - Verizon 
1.3GHz quad-core processor
5MP rear-facing and front-facing cameras

I hope some people can take advantage of this deal.

Member Summary

LG X Style 5” Gorilla Glass 4G LTE Android Tracfone
Thanks TheRedBaaron
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Beware, it is Android 4.3. Also too big for kids' hands.
Memory management in newer versions of Android is much better.
Do... (more)

BargainsJunkie (Jan. 29, 2017 @ 8:35a) |

You have it backwards.  The people buying these tend to know more what data is and that they don't use it.  It's the clu... (more)

tall (Mar. 05, 2017 @ 7:19p) |

Another TF good deal..  If paid with Visa checkout $50
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1557877?fwcs=ta639459..... (more)

yesid0n0itall (Mar. 05, 2017 @ 7:40p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

will this work on Ring-plus

1350 minutes, texts, data is per month or for the whole year?
Which network does Tracfone use?

po90260 said:   1350 minutes, texts, data is per month or for the whole year?
Which network does Tracfone use?

1350 M/T/D for the whole year not per month. This phone works on Verizon. With the right phone(not this one) and service area, you can get AT&T or T-Mobile as well on Tracfone. No Sprint

How could anyone stay under 1350MB of data in a year without always being connected to WiFi? The people they are targeting do not have a clue what data is ...

jschuman said:   How could anyone stay under 1350MB of data in a year without always being connected to WiFi? The people they are targeting do not have a clue what data is ...
  You can buy 1 Gb data for $10. You can get 1000 additional texts for $5. Tracfone is targeted to light users. There are other service plans one can change to once the year is up. This is just a starter package. You are basically getting the phone for free and a slight discount for the phone service.

There are still people who don't think of their cell phones as a third arm. I'm not a part of TF's older audience either.

mathfaster said:   
jschuman said:   How could anyone stay under 1350MB of data in a year without always being connected to WiFi? The people they are targeting do not have a clue what data is ...
  You can buy 1 Gb data for $10. You can get 1000 additional texts for $5. Tracfone is targeted to light users. There are other service plans one can change to once the year is up. This is just a starter package. You are basically getting the phone for free and a slight discount for the phone service.

I was not putting the deal down, I'm a Ringplus person so I know the in's and out's.  I was simply stating that their "normal buyer" (ie a more non-tech person) buys this and within a week or two they blow through their allocation of data because they do not understand data and how to connect to WiFi.  I see it all the time from my aging family and that is way I was looking at the details.

since they started requiring data cards, Tracfone is no better than the post paid companies.

8 GB (up to 3.7 GB usable)

this phone's OS is bigger than Windows 10!!  Wow!

This is still available but the price has been raised to $99.95.

It's no longer at the deal of the day URL. It's at https://www.hsn.com/products/lg-5-4g-tracfone-wupgraded-cameras-...

skarydrunkguy said:   8 GB (up to 3.7 GB usable)

this phone's OS is bigger than Windows 10!!  Wow!

If 3.7 GB of 8 GB are available, the OS is taking up 4.3 GB. Windows 10 requires a minimum of 16 GB or 20 GB (depending on whether it's 32- or 64-bit).

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/windows/windows-10-specifications

That space is probably used by both the operating system and pre-installed applications.

jschuman said:   
mathfaster said:   

I was not putting the deal down, I'm a Ringplus person so I know the in's and out's.  I was simply stating that their "normal buyer" (ie a more non-tech person) buys this and within a week or two they blow through their allocation of data because they do not understand data and how to connect to WiFi.  I see it all the time from my aging family and that is way I was looking at the details.

No problem. As a constant viewer of the Tracfone forum over at Howardforums I see this all the time. When people ask about getting onTracfone the first question always is what's your average usage like. If they are going to use a lot of data they are advised to look at some other service usually. Same goes for heavy minutes users.

mathfaster said:   
jschuman said:   
mathfaster said:   

No problem. As a constant viewer of the Tracfone forum over at Howardforums I see this all the time. When people ask about getting onTracfone the first question always is what's your average usage like. If they are going to use a lot of data they are advised to look at some other service usually. Same goes for heavy minutes users.

Unless you get a good buy as in the recent and now no more, non smartphone Tracfone using (AT&T)  service
with 800 minutes/texts good for 1 year for $19.99
Tracfone is not good for many people

HSN still has this 5.5 inch for $79.95 ZTE Quart with 1200 mins for 1 year

https://www.hsn.com/products/zte-quartz-55-android-tracfone-with...

HSN may still have a discount, either the visa $20 off or the new customers deal

yesidonoitall said:   ...
mathfaster said:   No problem. As a constant viewer of the Tracfone forum over at Howardforums I see this all the time. When people ask about getting onTracfone the first question always is what's your average usage like. If they are going to use a lot of data they are advised to look at some other service usually. Same goes for heavy minutes users.
  Unless you get a good buy as in the recent and now no more, non smartphone Tracfone using (AT&T)  service

You missed it when the Big Easy was on sale for $13. Bought 3. Still have one unactivated. And then those minutes expand into all 3 buckets when you move them to a smartphone. And you could stack one Big Easy on top of the other before moving it to a smartphone.

trumpotron said:   will this work on Ring-plus
  R+ could soon be dead: http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2017/01/ringplus-halts-new-activ...

mathfaster said:   
mathfaster said:   No problem. As a constant viewer of the Tracfone forum over at Howardforums I see this all the time. When people ask about getting onTracfone the first question always is what's your average usage like. If they are going to use a lot of data they are advised to look at some other service usually. Same goes for heavy minutes users.

You missed it when the Big Easy was on sale for $13. Bought 3. Still have one unactivated. And then those minutes expand into all 3 buckets when you move them to a smartphone. And you could stack one Big Easy on top of the other before moving it to a smartphone.

The one I was referring to is not a smartphone, so no buckets

yesidonoitall said:   
mathfaster said:   

I know I bought three of them from SCD. BUT when you move any feature phone to a smartphone the minutes turn into 800 minutes, 800 texts, and 800 MB of data. 

mathfaster said:   
yesidonoitall said:   
mathfaster said:   

I know I bought three of them from SCD. BUT when you move any feature phone to a smartphone the minutes turn into 800 minutes, 800 texts, and 800 MB of data. 

I never saw them for $13, only when $20.00, I bought a few hundred of them and listed on eBay, 1 day, Jan 4 as I recall all listed sold, I should have known something was going on, I should have caught it when all sold for $40, those listed now   are  bringing $80 to $90  (SCD ran out on the 4th and thats why all on eBay sold) like hotcakes that one day.  I honored all my sales, 1 seller did not and listed them higher and got negged over it.
EDIT: I only listed a few at a time and still only do

Rowan said:   There are still people who don't think of their cell phones as a third arm. I'm not a part of TF's older audience either.

This exactly.

I use probably 50mb (not gb) of mobile data a month, if that. If I'm on the web, I'm on a computer. If I'm out and about, I'd rather experience life.

yesidonoitall said:   HSN still has this 5.5 inch for $79.95 ZTE Quart with 1200 mins for 1 year

https://www.hsn.com/products/zte-quartz-55-android-tracfone-with...

That one is showing as $99.95 for me.

yesidonoitall said:   HSN still has this 5.5 inch for $79.95 ZTE Quart with 1200 mins for 1 year

https://www.hsn.com/products/zte-quartz-55-android-tracfone-with-1200-minutes/8034972

Beware, it is Android 4.3. Also too big for kids' hands.
Memory management in newer versions of Android is much better.
Do not know why ZTE does not update the OS on this device.
3 times in last 2 years we looked at this for kids because of the IPS 5.5 screen, but decided against it each time because of the OS version.

jschuman said:   
mathfaster said:   

You have it backwards.  The people buying these tend to know more what data is and that they don't use it.  It's the clueless people who have no idea about data that buy the expensive phone plans because they can't control their use of it.

Think about it.  Who buys apple phones?  The least tech savvy people on earth who want to be disconnected from tech.

If someone mistakenly buys these TF's and can't grasp that the data is limited, then they'll learn soon enough to use wifi more.  It's not like it bills them for data overage or anything unless you set it up to auto-refill, which is not the default on any TF.  Worst case?  Can't TX/RX MMS unless a data card is bought.  Not a biggie, give people your email address to MMS and the phone can do it over wifi.  

Another TF good deal..  If paid with Visa checkout $50
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1557877?fwcs=ta639459...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017