rated:

Member Summary

subway (23.69kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
still a foot long

ssotodesign (Feb. 22, 2017 @ 3:22a) |

The Meatball one is actually cheaper regular price.

JediFreeStuff (Mar. 06, 2017 @ 5:21p) |

Got a coupon for BOGO 6" sub with 30oz soda. What's the price on a 30oz soda?

JediFreeStuff (Mar. 09, 2017 @ 1:39p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks, OP. I read about the sale on another page,

http://preview.jackmorton.net/subway/anyfootlong/en/footlongfest...

(linked from the OP's link) because it works better with my ad blocker. It looks as though there aren't any hoops to jump through for this: the participating stores will automatically charge $6 during the sale. Any idea how long it will last?

rated:
I don't know how long it lasts for sure, but it's probably through the end of February. They tend to do this every year in February. Of course, it used to be $5 footlongs all February long, then they switched to a mixed $5/$6 promotion a few years ago and most recently went to $6. Still a good deal for the premium ones though.

The Subway near me actually has all footlongs for $6 every Sunday, but they exclude the carved turkey and rotisserie chicken (though the steak and cheese is included surprisingly). This offer is really good because it includes every sandwich, and specifically mentions those as being included.

rated:
*additional charge for extras and deluxe. For one, I know the pastrami/melted cheese is considered a "deluxe". There's one or two more.

rated:
I may be missing it, but: where in the fine print does it limit this offer to "participating locations" (I see the "higher  in AK and HI").

rated:
bargaindot said:   *additional charge for extras and deluxe. For one, I know the pastrami/melted cheese is considered a "deluxe". There's one or two more.
  My guess is that the ones that will cost more are the ones that some of them put on the menu as "local favorites." That one isn't even offered in my area, but I know that I can count on mine charging more for the "Big Philly Cheesesteak" (which is also not available everywhere or even mentioned on the Subway website for that matter). The $6 offer will probably (just my best guess) include everything that is on their nationwide menu as listed on the website.

rated:
From Subway web site:
"All of our flavor-packed subs have NO artificial flavors, colors from artificial sources, artificial trans fat or high fructose corn syrup."

What they do not mention is that most of their sandwiches are aged salty processed cold cut that too much consumption could cause cancer.

http://www.firstpost.com/world/yes-processed-meats-hot-dogs-baco...

rated:
dabir said:   From Subway web site:
"All of our flavor-packed subs have NO artificial flavors, colors from artificial sources, artificial trans fat or high fructose corn syrup."

What they do not mention is that most of their sandwiches are aged salty processed cold cut that too much consumption could cause cancer.

the sun causes cancer too. Best to never leave your house.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
dabir said:   From Subway web site:

the sun causes cancer too. Best to never leave your house.

UV light permeates glass and is emitted by artificial sources of light.

rated:
sdskees said:   
bargaindot said:   *additional charge for extras and deluxe. For one, I know the pastrami/melted cheese is considered a "deluxe". There's one or two more.
  My guess is that the ones that will cost more are the ones that some of them put on the menu as "local favorites." That one isn't even offered in my area, but I know that I can count on mine charging more for the "Big Philly Cheesesteak" (which is also not available everywhere or even mentioned on the Subway website for that matter). The $6 offer will probably (just my best guess) include everything that is on their nationwide menu as listed on the website

A few years ago, I ordered a "Local favorite" Veggie Patty footlong at a location that had signs all over the store and windows that proclaimed 'Every footlong $5', with no further conditions stated.  They tried to charge me $6, not because their system was programmed to do so, because they had to manually input it as $6, and it didn't show up as a food purchase, and, attempting tax fraud, didn't generate a sales tax amount before then totaling the sale as $6.  I called customer service, and was told that it they had the 'every footlong $5' sign, it means 'every footlong $5'.  They also told me that the stores are all franchises, not owned by Subway, and therefore, basically, can do what they want, and Subway has nothing much to do with it.

rated:
tuphat said:   I may be missing it, but: where in the fine print does it limit this offer to "participating locations" (I see the "higher  in AK and HI").
I don't know if it says it, but in my experience, the ones that don't participate are non-standard locations. For example, a few years ago, I was a graduate student and they had a Subway in the food court at the university... they did not participate in this promotion because they were a non-standard location licensed by the university food service provider Sodexo (even though they did otherwise offer the full Subway menu). But literally right across the street, there was a regular Subway franchise, so when they had these promos going on, I could just walk over there to get the promo.

rated:
Used to be $5 footlong. Now $6 is a deal. Soon $7 is going to be a deal

rated:
$6 for a ham sandwich.

rated:
Inflation has made the $5 footlong $6.

rated:
Krazen1211 said:   Inflation has made the $5 footlong $6.

More likely it is the $15 minimum wage laws that are sweeping the country.
This hits the fast food places but the food itself has not gone up nearly that much.

rated:
Onenote said:   
Krazen1211 said:   Inflation has made the $5 footlong $6.

More likely it is the $15 minimum wage laws that are sweeping the country.
This hits the fast food places but the food itself has not gone up nearly that much.

No State has $15 min wage currently.
It will be by 2020, maybe.

rated:
Is this offer available in the UK ?

rated:
"Deluxe" refers to the 50% more meat option, rather than certain sandwiches.

rated:
Has anybody measured the "footlong" lately? I know that was an issue a couple of years back. I wonder.......... actually, no I don't.

rated:
Franchise contracts certainly allow the franchisor to offer guidance if not demand compliance. Doctors Associates is just telling you that they just don't care if the franchisee participates in the sale. They see no revenue downside.

There are cities in the U.S. that do have a $15 minimum wage, and labor is an expensive part of production. The food materials in fast food is typically only 26-30% of the revenue earned.

The bread tasted better when they included the plastic additive.

rated:
lexcurat said:   Franchise contracts certainly allow the franchisor to offer guidance if not demand compliance. Doctors Associates is just telling you that they just don't care if the franchisee participates in the sale. They see no revenue downside.

If you want to see the opposite of this, look at Steak n Shake and their franchises. They literally do not allow any deviation from anything, under any circumstances, and have been known to engage in lawsuits against and revoke entire franchise agreements for failure to comply.

rated:
denpercy1 said:   Is this offer available in the UK ?

Yes, at the Fish & Chips place.

rated:
Didn't report the action. Reported zen2zen's post.
And he got redded for doing the right thing.

rated:
inflation.... cost of meats has gone up significantly...  cost of labor in many states has gone up with min. wage increases.  It's the way of the world.  That's like saying bread used to cost 5cents a loaf......  if you think $6 is too expensive then don't go

rated:
RE:
Doctors Associates

I always wondered is the owners of Subway a consortium of doctors?

rated:
At least 12 inches has not shrunk
to 11

rated:
robstahl21 said:   inflation.... cost of meats has gone up significantly...  cost of labor in many states has gone up with min. wage increases.  It's the way of the world.  That's like saying bread used to cost 5cents a loaf......  if you think $6 is too expensive then don't go
  Protein prices decreased in 2016, that is deflation not inflation

https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/food-price-outlook/summar...

rated:
Whoa what happened to $5 footlong?

rated:
Bump!

I just had another of these, six bucks is a good deal for sure.

rated:
Himahana said:   Whoa what happened to $5 footlong?
  Inflation?

rated:
Looks very yummy. When is the limited day?

rated:
I guess Subway would be okay if you like turkey ham:
COLD CUT COMBO: Turkey Bologna: Mechanically separated turkey, water, contains less than 2% of: salt, corn syrup solids, potassium lactate, dextrose, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrite, flavorings. Turkey Ham: Cured turkey thigh meat, salt, contains less than 2% of: potassium lactate, brown sugar, sodium tripolyphosphate, dextrose, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, smoke flavor, sodium nitrite, water. Turkey Salami: Dark turkey, mechanically separated turkey, water, salt, contains less than 2% of: potassium lactate, sugar, sodium tripolyphosphate, dextrose, spice and flavorings, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, smoke flavor, sodium nitrite.

rated:
I guess Subway would be okay if you like turkey ham:
COLD CUT COMBO: Turkey Bologna: Mechanically separated turkey, water, contains less than 2% of: salt, corn syrup solids, potassium lactate, dextrose, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, sodium nitrite, flavorings. Turkey Ham: Cured turkey thigh meat, salt, contains less than 2% of: potassium lactate, brown sugar, sodium tripolyphosphate, dextrose, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, smoke flavor, sodium nitrite, water. Turkey Salami: Dark turkey, mechanically separated turkey, water, salt, contains less than 2% of: potassium lactate, sugar, sodium tripolyphosphate, dextrose, spice and flavorings, sodium diacetate, sodium erythorbate, smoke flavor, sodium nitrite.

rated:
How long is it good for?

rated:
still a foot long

rated:
The Meatball one is actually cheaper regular price.

rated:
Got a coupon for BOGO 6" sub with 30oz soda. What's the price on a 30oz soda?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017