Voting History
rated:

Garmin nuvi 57 5
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Garmin nuvi 57 5" Dedicated GPS
$50.76
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-nuvi-57-5-Dedicated-GPS/49574321 

5" dual-orientation widescreen, TFT-WQVGA, 480 x 272 pixels1,000 waypointsPreloaded with detailed maps of the lower 49 United States

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Very good price, but note that this is not the 57LM that give you free map updates. Map updates cost more than the GPS, unless you want to hack them. Be sure to consider that.

dogmeat, this is in the description:Detailed Maps with Free Updatesnüvi 57LM arrives pre-loaded with detailed maps of the lower 49 U.S. states. With free lifetime¹ map updates, your routes are sure to reflect the most up-to-date maps, points of interest (POI) and navigation information available. New maps are available for download for the useful life of your GPS device, with no fees.

​Thank you, OP.  My GPS is probably 10+ years old, did not come with lifetime map updates feature, and is now old enough that it doesn't show me some of the newer subdivision roads and streets around here or changes to some of the rural roads.  I can afford this one. 

Link comes up at $99.99!!!!!

dionaea said:   dogmeat, this is in the description:Detailed Maps with Free Updatesnüvi 57LM arrives pre-loaded with detailed maps of the lower 49 U.S. states. With free lifetime¹ map updates, your routes are sure to reflect the most up-to-date maps, points of interest (POI) and navigation information available. New maps are available for download for the useful life of your GPS device, with no fees.

​Thank you, OP.  My GPS is probably 10+ years old, did not come with lifetime map updates feature, and is now old enough that it doesn't show me some of the newer subdivision roads and streets around here or changes to some of the rural roads.  I can afford this one. 

The link in the OP goes to the "57" and NOT the "57M" which includes free map updates.  The model "57" does NOT include frre maps.  

The "57M" is $99.90 at WalMart. 
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-nuvi-57LM-5-Dedicated-GPS/49574318?action=product_interest&action_type=title&beacon_version=1.0.2&bucket_id=irsbucketdefault&client_guid=9cb396cf-153f-4f46-89ab-bc4f81a92a26&config_id=2&customer_id_enc&findingMethod=p13n&guid=9cb396cf-153f-4f46-89ab-bc4f81a92a26&item_id=49574318&parent_anchor_item_id=49574321&parent_item_id=49574321&placement_id=irs-2-m2&reporter=recommendations&source=new_site&strategy=PWVUB&visitor_id=azolwpFrOfJDWBdv-_MmzA

sassyclothes said:   Link comes up at $99.99!!!!!

It came up at 99.99 for me first time.    I went to the link again and now its showing $50.76 but only for store pickup.    There is a 3rd party selling for 99.99 too.

It was the Garmin Nuvi 57LM 5" Dedicated GPS, definitely, when I went to the link.  I clicked on the description part and opened up all the info about it to read first before checking reviews on WalMart and on Amazon for it.  It looks like just the 57 when you go to the page, but you have to open the whole description area to see it's the 57LM.   I also printed off the page with the description part so if I get to the store tomorrow and they don't hand me the LM, I'll make them get the LM version for me.  I am doing an in-store pickup since my store has (had) 3 in stock, and I did call and talk to a very helpful associate who pulled one from the stockroom and set it aside under the electronics counter for me to pick up and pay for tomorrow when I'm in town again. 

I see $99.00 an it is for stock pickup option only. Shipping to home is not available in Southern CA. Deal is either dead or this is regional only.

dionaea said:   It was the Garmin Nuvi 57LM 5" Dedicated GPS, definitely, when I went to the link.  I clicked on the description part and opened up all the info about it to read first before checking reviews on WalMart and on Amazon for it.  It looks like just the 57 when you go to the page, but you have to open the whole description area to see it's the 57LM.   I also printed off the page with the description part so if I get to the store tomorrow and they don't hand me the LM, I'll make them get the LM version for me.  I am doing an in-store pickup since my store has (had) 3 in stock, and I did call and talk to a very helpful associate who pulled one from the stockroom and set it aside under the electronics counter for me to pick up and pay for tomorrow when I'm in town again. 
  Well, if you get the 57LM for $51, good for you. It was the 57 that popped up when I opened the page. YMMV.

I got it, dogmeat.  Picked it up this afternoon.  I had printouts to show, and the manager adjusted the price of the 57LM.  He said both the 57 and the 57LM were apparently marked down to $99, and when they changed the 57 to $50.76, it also changed the 57LM to $50.76 for a short time before they caught and corrected it.  Since I had spoken with the associate, confirmed price and model yesterday, and had printouts from the listing on the website with me today, he didn't give me any grief at all about giving me the 57LM for $50.76  

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017