This deal has expired.

BestBuy HR Block Tax Software Deluxe $19.99 (Free $10 GC) and other offers

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/hr-block-co11642?loc=0

Best Buy is offering sale and $10 Gift Card on Federal and State Tax Filing softwares.

H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe: Federal - $19.99

H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe: Federal and State - $29.99

H&R Block Tax Software Premium: $49.99

H&R Block Tax Software Premium & Business: $64.99

Member Summary

H&R Block (4.67kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
There's still the way to get HR Block Deluxe Federal + State for $9.95 or Deluxe Federal + State + 1 free state e-File for $14.95. Good into February as I recall. Dig up the S+D thread on it - I used it successfully. It is even easier if you already got an HR Block CD in the mail. Still looks to be about $10 cheaper than this offer.

rated:
Long time away from FW lingo, where to I find S+D thread? Thanks

rated:
It's the rival website, so I expect if I just linked to it it might be removed. Do some creative web searches such as "hrblock deluxe xml 2016" .

rated:
Am I missing something.... I want the Windows Deluxe version of Fed+State, it's not available for downloading. I only see the hardcopy version (but I don't have a CD ROM).

rated:
On the Best Buy page, I clicked on "Deluxe Federal + State" which took me to the CD version...but next to it at the top right is a link for the "digital download" version for the same price. Click on that, add to cart, and in my cart I see the offer for a $10 gift card.

To use the "XML method" I am talking about above, you don't actually require a CD player - you can download the contents of the generic CD somewhere, then download the XML file per instructions and replace it in the CD contents you downloaded. This would save you all of $10 from this Best Buy Offer (but also not force you to have to worry about using a $10 BB gift card). I paid $14.95 for Deluxe + State + 1 free state e-file, but if I hadn't needed the state e-file I would have gone with the $9.95 offer for Deluxe + State.

rated:
ahallfatwallett said:   On the Best Buy page, I clicked on "Deluxe Federal + State" which took me to the CD version...but next to it at the top right is a link for the "digital download" version for the same price. Click on that, add to cart, and in my cart I see the offer for a $10 gift card.

To use the "XML method" I am talking about above, you don't actually require a CD player - you can download the contents of the generic CD somewhere, then download the XML file per instructions and replace it in the CD contents you downloaded. This would save you all of $10 from this Best Buy Offer (but also not force you to have to worry about using a $10 BB gift card). I paid $14.95 for Deluxe + State + 1 free state e-file, but if I hadn't needed the state e-file I would have gone with the $9.95 offer for Deluxe + State.

The digital download version said Mac. Are u saying it works for Windows?  And the price is $10 cheaper but instead does not incl BB GC?

thanks in adv

rated:
Does the federal and state include free efiles?

rated:
mmyk72 said:   
ahallfatwallett said:   On the Best Buy page, I clicked on "Deluxe Federal + State" which took me to the CD version...but next to it at the top right is a link for the "digital download" version for the same price. Click on that, add to cart, and in my cart I see the offer for a $10 gift card.

The digital download version said Mac. Are u saying it works for Windows?  And the price is $10 cheaper but instead does not incl BB GC?

thanks in adv

Sorry - looks like you are right about that.  I didn't notice that it said "Mac download" only.

I don't want to confuse you - but I was talking about two completely separate ways to get H&R Block Tax Cut.  One is this Buy Buy deal.  Another is to obtain a CD (or the files on a CD if you don't actually have a CD drive) and muck with one of the files in the software.  This is a file that tells the H&R Block software what kind of offers to present to you when you start up.  The H&R Block CD they sent me in the mail had lousy offers, but by replacing a single file on the CD that I had copied to my computer, I got it to give me much better offers.  One offer was for Deluxe Federal + State for $9.95 (downloaded and purchased directly from H&R Block).

Again - there is a whole thread on this on a rival website.  You can find it pretty easily - with detailed instructions - by doing a web search for it.  If you don't want to bother, keep waiting for another offer.  There are all kinds of discounts coming up soon on tax software.  You just need to be patient.

rated:
atp2000 said:   Does the federal and state include free efiles?
Different versions of H&R Block software include different types of e-file with the software.

The "Deluxe + State" version includes only free federal e-files, not a free state e-file (even though the state program itself is included - for one state anyway).  There are occasionally offers that also include a free state e-file too - I took advantage of one of those offers.  But by default, only the free Federal e-file, not state e-file, is included with the "Deluxe" version.  You can dig up comparisons of the different versions of H&R Block to see what versions come with what benefits.  Deluxe is the only version I've ever used.

rated:
Tried H&R Block this year, horrible. Does not download the data from financial institutions as advertised (no chase bank). Could not import w2 data from ADP. If I have to enter all the data manually as customer service rep suggested, what is the point of the software. They would also not refund the $.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017