• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Dorco Prime Starter Set 
$11.99 A/C
http://www.dorcousa.com/dorco-prime-starter-set/ 

Dorco has their Prime Starter Set for $25.00 - $13.01 using coupon code "DPSTRTR130" = $11.99 with free shipping. Received 5/5 stars based on 6 customer reviews.

Includes:

• 30 Stainless Steel Double Edge Dorco Platinum Blades w/ Extra Teflon Coating 
  • Chrome Plated Butterfly Shaver
  • Travel Case w/ mirror

Compare at Amazon for $20.99 with 4.5/5 stars based on 303 customer reviews.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this a good deal?

Yes, it's a good deal. You probably still need to get a shaving brush and soap if you are new to wet shaving. A sample box of different blades would also be a good choice so you can get a feel for what works best for you.

qidrox said:   Is this a good deal?
  I guess the answer would be yes if you miss the old fashioned shaving (with single blade)!

love4money said:   
qidrox said:   Is this a good deal?
  I guess the answer would be yes if you miss the old fashioned shaving (with single blade)!

Yes its a good deal.  And that's not even including the enormous cost savings on blades over time.  I went to wet double edge shaving about 2 years ago and will never go back.  I paid a bout $30 on Amazon for some quality (Feather) blades and still haven't used them all.  Compare that to the $30 every 6 weeks I was spending on the disposables.

There is a little bit of a learning curve to it but after a month or so, its no big deal.  I honestly get a better shave now than when I was using the cartridge style razors and I think it's because I don't think twice about changing out the razor due to its low cost. (Less than .20 cents)

In, thanks OP. How many shaves generally can you get in with this style of shaving before you should switch blades?

I used mine today for the first time. No cuts, but one side of my neck had quite a bit of droplets. Didn't hurt or any gushers. Pretty close shave though, and cheap.

If you are looking to try a bunch of different blades but don't want a lot of one kind take a look at Try a Blade. You can sample individual blades on the cheap.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017