• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

$100 BP Gas Gift Card -
$93.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-BP-Gas-Gift-Card-For-Only-93-FREE-Mail-Delivery-/112280092758 

SVM Gift Cards (via eBay) has the BP Gas $100 Gift Card on sale for $93.00 with free shipping. Once shipped allow 2-6 days for delivery via USPS.

BP Gift Cards may be redeemed for the purchase of fuel and merchandise at BP locations in the United States.

Check out more gift cards sold by SVM Gift Cards via eBay on sale for up to 20% off.  

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I like SVM Cards, never had a problem. I would buy ExxonMobil, Shell, or Speedway cards from them (those brands at 7-9% off are consistently cheaper than Costco). But whenever I check the cheapest BP in the area, even at 9% off (this offer is 7% of course) they're no cheaper than Costco. Guess I should check again, but it's the one brand I'm leery of when this offer comes along.

Of course it really depends on competitive forces in your local market, BP at 7% off may work for you.

=aw

rated:
My experience in Virginia is that the regular at some BP stations will be lower than Costco after the 7% discount (and any BP Club savings). But Costco's premium prices are lower, even after any discount of BP. I also think Costco's gas is probably better for your car because of their additives.

rated:
It's especially good if you have some (financial) loyalty to the brand. Our cheapest non-Costco name brand is an Exxon station that's usually only about 3c more. But I did really well recently at an overpriced Shell station, I had a $50-for-$40 Shell card from Publix (so 20% off) which stacked with 25c/gal from FuelRewards (not sure how I earned that, I think there was some bonus I accidentally triggered).

Another factor is that (I think) the SVM cards count as "cash" when the pricing is different at the pump. And you still get the CC cashback (only 1% for me) for purchasing via credit card on PayPal. And Costco always has long lineups, another reason to buy elsewhere.

Looking at GasBuddy for Broward County FL, Costco is $2.19, Speedway $2.24 ($2.08), Mobil $2.26 ($2.10), Shell $2.33 ($2.17), Sunoco $2.35 ($2.19), Chevron $2.35 ($2.19), and BP doesn't make the cut. Prices in parentheses are 93% of the pump price. It could just be there's no BP nearby, I had to force another city to get a BP at $2.70 (!) but the nearest Costco was $2.27.

=aw

rated:
Thanks for posting

I get BP cards for the simple fact it is the same or cheaper than the other gas sellers in my area, and yes that Includes both Madison Costco stations as well. No one else will give me a $100 in gas for $93 and then give something on the loyalty card as well.
We visited Rochester MN a couple weeks ago, and the stations near that Costco were right on the same price as Costco.

rated:
Stupid question, can you pay entirely with CC even if you have some paypal balance?

rated:
Have been buying these for close to 15% discount last year, with all the discounts stacked with eBay bucks...Those were the days! I am boycotting this pathetic slap on the face!

rated:
eBay now exempts the purchase of GC from their eBay Bucks program... I remember the days you are mentioning. I was in every time SVM had a gas GC sale...

rated:
Stupid question, can you pay entirely with CC even if you have some paypal balance?
I think yes, though you have to go in and specify (same as forcing CC instead of bank account). That said, I don't recall trying it. I figure the 1% I don't get now for using PP balance instead of CC is 1% I get that much sooner when the PP balance is used up. Of course I understand you may have specific reasons.

=aw

rated:
There's also typically no eBates or TCB on gift cards, right? Or is that still only eBay-branded cards?

=aw

rated:

rated:
I will not buy BP after they poisoned the Gulf.

rated:
po90260 said:   I will not buy BP after they poisoned the Gulf.Have you gone 100% renewable or did you also stop buying gasoline and heating your house? They've all poisoned the planet, but only because we paid them for it.

rated:
BP gas cards are one of the most well-received of all gas cards! They're just like gold in your hand!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017