• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
CardCash is offering Up to 39% Off Select Gift Card + Get an Extra 6% Off Purchase using coupon code "WEHEARTYOU" (Exp. 2/1 @ 9AM PT). 

Select merchants include Macy'sKohl's, Starbucks, iTunes, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, TargetTj Maxx, and More! 

More deals in the official Macy*s coupon thread.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
BEWARE! Card Cash has a 45 day window for you to use your card before they deny all responsibility. IF you choose to buy a gift card from them, use the card completely within 45 days of your purchase. I got screwed out of a $100 gift card because i didnt use it within 45 days. I received the card, checked the balance and everything was good. I went to use it at the 70 day mark and it was empty. Card Cash did nothing to help but referenced their policy over and over again. Raise.com has a 100 day protection policy. Ive never had any issues with Raise

rated:
Raise is now up to a 365 day policy. But you are not going to stop anyone from buying from cardcash, the people here on fatwallet see SAVING and their eyes see stars and they jump on it. Unfortunately, they need to learn the hard way and lose their money for themselves before they stop buying from cardcash.

rated:
Spikemansd you are making a very good point that everyone should be aware off.
They are good at sending a printable PDF fast. I have in the past and probably will use them in the future (also ABCgiftcards.com seem to be affiliated with them). However, I use them when I need to buy something that day. I order the GC wait for the email, print it and go spend it.

Giftcardbin.com and GiftcardZen.com are my goto places for longer hold (100 day warranty)

Having said that I never had an issue with these web sites (eBay on the other hand... At least eBay is good at giving you your money back)

rated:
I purchased a card from Raise [when the protection policy was 100 days] that had a $100 balance available, when checking it upon receipt. A few weeks later when I attempted to use it, the card had been drained. Raise stood behind their protection policy.

Also purchased a gift card from GiftCards.com that had a $50 balance on it, but too was also drained. GiftCards.com also stood behind the protection plan.

The take away from these data points is to always be aware of the gift card reseller's protection policy, and if the reseller doesn't offer one, don't buy a gift card from them.

Also for those resellers that do offer a protection policy, be aware of how long their protection policy covers you.

rated:
spikemansd said:   BEWARE! Card Cash has a 45 day window for you to use your card before they deny all responsibility. IF you choose to buy a gift card from them, use the card completely within 45 days of your purchase. I got screwed out of a $100 gift card because i didnt use it within 45 days. I received the card, checked the balance and everything was good. I went to use it at the 70 day mark and it was empty. Card Cash did nothing to help but referenced their policy over and over again. Raise.com has a 100 day protection policy. Ive never had any issues with Raise

Dang, that stinks!

Most credit card companies allow 60 days [max] to dispute a charge from day of purchase/transaction.
So had it been within the 46-60 days window from day of purchase, the charge could have been disputed with the credit card company if the re-seller refused to offer a refund with the 46-60 day window.

rated:
I tried repeatedly to purchase a Cracker Barrel gift card from Card Cash when they had the 40% off deal last week. My family was going to have dinner at a local Cracker Barrel the next day, so the 45 day limit was not an issue. Each time I tried to buy, Card Cash canceled my order. I tried using a different credit card, but they still canceled. A complete waste of time...

On a related matter, two days ago I was in line to pay at Harbor Freight, and the woman in front of me had a paper printout gift card she bought on line. It had been drained to zero. I hope she was still within the warranty time limit.

rated:
Are the eCards safer than physical?

rated:
Whoa, I have been buying a bunch of cards from CardCash lately.They seem to have the best deals. I hope I don't get stuck with a drained card. I didn't know that could happen!

rated:
I get burn a couple moths ago.  The HomeDepot e-gift card I purchased from cardcash drop to zero all of a sudden.  And worst of all, I can't pull out the activity from HomeDepot site.

rated:
I got burned too, but got refund from cardcash as long as it's within 45 days.

rated:
Wow, would I be pissed if an E-card I printed turned out to be zero balance when I got to the store! No way am I going to chance this to save 5%!

rated:
So what is 39% off?

rated:
divejdt said:   So what is 39% off?
  MandeeUp To 39.71% Discount

rated:
Could someone please chime in if they had an ecard that still worked after the 45 days? That would make me feel better. I somehow doubt I can spend the $500 in Marshalls cards that I bought in another 30 days. Might have to do a lot of buying and returning. Same with Uniqlo, Home Depot, Ann Taylor. My Dunkin Donuts card doesn't have that option though.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017