Limited Offer, Sale Ends this Monday 

• 2.15 GHz Snapdragon 820 Quad-Core CPU
  • 32GB Storage Capacity + 4GB of RAM
  • 5.3" IPS LCD Touchscreen Display with 2560 x 1440 QHD Resolution
  • Supports microSDXC Cards up to 256GB
  • Android 6.0 Marshmallow
  • Dual Rear Cameras: 16 MP + 8 MP
  • GSM + CDMA / 4G LTE Capable​

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: HOT DEALS, MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, EXPIRED DEALS. — Mar. 24, 2017 @ 1:56am
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I got this phone over black friday... Is a good solid phone... Android7.0., dual camera, slow mo video, and all the Android good stuffs... Got a heck of a deal too... 50 bux rebate plus 32 inch tv... Phone cost 200 for 2 year contract.

rated:
Stay away from LG. I bought a LG Flex 2 from them and it went into a boot loop 10 months into it. The warranty was 12 months but LG would not fix it. They gave me the run-around:
- It's unlock so I bought it used. I provided receipts with the description of brand new.
- I bought it online so i print out the email and sent it to them. They said the email is not valid because I can modify it.
- I requested a receipt from the retailers and send the PDF to them but they sent me the phone back not fixed without any explanation.

I looked online and there are a ton of complains about LG and their phones. They are infamous for having boot loop (G3, G4,...) around 10 months and LG won't fix it.

Just my $0.02

rated:
399.99 all day long at B&H Photo: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1239313-REG/lg_lgrs988_au...

They always have some promotion to go with such as free battery/charger, right now is an OtterBox case.

rated:
nguyenkfw said:   Stay away from LG. I bought a LG Flex 2 from them and it went into a boot loop 10 months into it. The warranty was 12 months but LG would not fix it. They gave me the run-around:
- It's unlock so I bought it used. I provided receipts with the description of brand new.
- I bought it online so i print out the email and sent it to them. They said the email is not valid because I can modify it.
- I requested a receipt from the retailers and send the PDF to them but they sent me the phone back not fixed without any explanation.

I looked online and there are a ton of complains about LG and their phones. They are infamous for having boot loop (G3, G4,...) around 10 months and LG won't fix it.

Just my $0.02

It suck when manufacturers don't honor their warranty.
Did you brought the phone from legit store(bestbuy.com) or a third party store where they resell the phone?
away i had lg g2 for 3 years b4 i upgrade to lg g5.
lg g2 screen outside edge died on me. I played to my games pressing on the screen edge

rated:
I bought my G4 October 29, 2015 from VZW and got the boot loop error December 28, 2016.  A little over a year but mine was able to be fixed after calling LG.  Yes, I read about it and hoped it wouldn't happened to me but...  BTW, because of a backlash, LG DID finally admit to the problem and started fixing the G4's.  I was looking into getting the V20 because of their high ratings (read different reviews), but am unsure.

rated:
phatkrazy said:   
nguyenkfw said:   Stay away from LG. I bought a LG Flex 2 from them and it went into a boot loop 10 months into it. The warranty was 12 months but LG would not fix it. They gave me the run-around:

Just my $0.02

Did you brought the phone from legit store(bestbuy.com) or a third party store where they resell the phone?
lg g2 screen outside edge died on me. I played to my games pressing on the screen edge

DailySteals.  The deal was posted here.

rated:
nguyenkfw said:   
phatkrazy said:   

Just my $0.02

DailySteals.  The deal was posted here.

I think Dailysteals are 3rd party reseller. They are the 1st owner of the phone and you are the 2nd owner. That why lg said what they stated. Please learn from this so you don't make the same mistake with a different phone.

rated:
I noticed that DailySteals is offering their own warranty now. When I bought the phone, it listed 12 months manufacture warranty. Lesson learned definitely.

rated:
Just had my G4 boot loop repaired out of warranty which I am thankful for, but alas I think my days with lg are shrinking. I've done a lot of scouting for future upgrades (esp since I didn't know if the g4 was going to get repaired) and while the g5 was there, it had a number of faults hard to ignore. Quickly to list off what I was looking for, I want a phone with a replaceable battery, SD card, AptX capable audio, and if at all possible I really want to go AMOLED and wireless charging.

The G5 nets AptX and the replaceable battery, but build materials are still lots of plastic, screen glass is thin, and as a company I find lg is pretty poor at future software support.

ATM my lg g4 replacement will probably be a Samsung s7, they check all the boxes except battery but Samsung offers a reasonable battery replacement program. Just keeping an eye out for that one sale as the S8 release nears.

rated:
Boricua65 said:   I bought my G4 October 29, 2015 from VZW and got the boot loop error December 28, 2016.  A little over a year but mine was able to be fixed after calling LG.  Yes, I read about it and hoped it wouldn't happened to me but...  BTW, because of a backlash, LG DID finally admit to the problem and started fixing the G4's.  I was looking into getting the V20 because of their high ratings (read different reviews), but am unsure.

Yes same here.  LG fixed it when it was bought from eBay as "refurb" with no warranty. 

Mfg date was May 2015, bought as unlocked T Mobile refurb in July 2016 and would not turn on in Jan 2017.  Just died - didn't drop or anything like that.  I thought what the hell see if they would fix it so filled out the form online with eNay receipt, and they fixed it in ONE DAY and shipped it back within 5 days - FREE beyond warranty!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017