This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

8% eBay Bucks, Multiple Use, No Minimum Purchase Through 02-03-2017 - Invitation Only (YMMV)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Click your eB ay inbox or homepage banner, or your email for your invite to activate offer...

Earn 8% in eB ay Bucks on every qualifying item through midnight February 3rd, PT. Works on multiple orders. Maximum $100 per order and $500 per earning period.

Not as nice as the  $15 off $75 offers, but better than nothing if you have to place an order before the next $15 off $75, it works more than once, and it's actually better for orders that exceed ~$190 because you save more than the one-time $15 off.

============================

Who's eligible?

Only invited, registered eBay Bucks participants who receive the promotional offer from eBay in My Messages are eligible. Sorry, no forwarding—the offer is not transferable.

• 8% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item

Promotion details

The Promotion starts at 5:00AM PT on February 1, 2017, and ends at 11:59PM PT on February 3, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). Extra eBay Bucks can only be earned on every single item purchased that meets the minimum purchase requirement specified in the offer (a “Qualifying Purchase”). Promotion is valid on multiple qualifying purchases made within the promotion time period. In order to qualify for the offer, you must click the email to activate. *Qualifying purchase excludes all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, but only for Heavy Equipment within that category, Real Estate, Gift Cards & Coupons (including eBay Gift Cards, Gift Cards, and Digital Gifts within that category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and all categories in Motors, except Parts & Accessories. Rewards are capped at $100 per transaction and $500 per Earn Period. Purchases must be completed during the Promotion Period and paid for with PayPal before the Promotion ends. eBay reserves the right to cancel, amend, or revoke the Promotion at any time. Other restrictions apply. See Terms & Conditions for details. 

Member Summary

eBay
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer

ebay
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

got it but I like those 15$ off 75$ better

Cool  - got it on both accts.  1 acct got an email and another had to log-in and go to the message to see it.

Darn it - gold price recovered a lot in last 4 weeks...

Bummer, this is the first time I haven't gotten one of these, and now I could actually use it...

what u gonna buy :O I can't find anything

is eBay dying? seems like it has been just passing out deals left and right

soulzeng said:   is eBay dying? seems like it's been just passing out deals left and right
  it will never die unlike ring+

soulzeng said:   is eBay dying? seems like it's been just passing out deals left and right
  No, they're killing it, actually. They're probably just doing these deals to get people to buy stuff at a slightly lower profit margin and a gentle reminder about how much good stuff they have to offer. 

tinkakat said:   soulzeng said:   is eBay dying? seems like it's been just passing out deals left and right

I have a few ring plus account lying around... Hope something happens lol
  it will never die unlike ring+

junkyjunk4 said:   
  No, they're killing it, actually. They're probably just doing these deals to get people to buy stuff at a slightly lower profit margin and a gentle reminder about how much good stuff they have to offer. 

I surprised myself when I didn't really care that they recently cut the Bucks from 2 to 1 per dollar spent. When I thought about it, that devaluation doesn't matter to me because began waiting for the next offer (6%, 8%, or 10% Bucks, or $15 off $75) before buying anything. I'm treating eB ay buying more and more like Ama zon: place items in your cart or watch list and wait for a price drop of best flash offer before checking out. When an offer I want to use pops up, I just go through a cash back portal and quickly pull together an order from my watch list based on the offer terms (minimum purchase price, item vs. order discount etc.). Just last night I was about to buy something to burn Bucks that expire on the 2nd/tomorrow but decided to wait to see if they'd have a new offer today and fortunately, when I checked my inbox this morning, they did.

They've been "passing out" nearly back to back deals like this for well over a year, so I don't think it's a sign if doom. I think they'd just rather offer the bulk if cash back money as Bucks so you have to spend it on their site instead of getting a Pa yPal account credit or check from a portal like Ebates that you can go spend on other sites/elsewhere.

I wish I was that smart I always buy something and then the coupon shows up and I end up empty handed :[

fivetalents said:   junkyjunk4 said:   

I surprised myself when I didn't really care that they recently cut the Bucks from 2 to 1 per dollar spent. When I thought about it, that devaluation doesn't matter to me because began waiting for the next offer (6%, 8%, or 10% Bucks, or $15 off $75) before buying anything. I'm treating eB ay buying more and more like Ama zon: place items in your cart or watch list and wait for a price drop of best flash offer before checking out. When an offer I want to use pops up, I just go through a cash back portal and quickly pull together an order from my watch list based on the offer terms (minimum purchase price, item vs. order discount etc.). Just last night I was about to buy something to burn Bucks that expire on the 2nd/tomorrow but decided to wait to see if they'd have a new offer today and fortunately, when I checked my inbox this morning, they did.

They've been "passing out" nearly back to back deals like this for well over a year, so I don't think it's a sign if doom. I think they'd just rather offer the bulk if cash back money as Bucks so you have to spend it on their site instead of getting a Pa yPal account credit or check from a portal like Ebates that you can go spend on other sites/elsewhere.

fivetalents said:   
junkyjunk4 said:   

Good points.

Put the items on watch list then buy when eBay offers $15 off $70 like they did early Jan which didn't make sense 'cos it was 1st week of Q1 as eBay offers more of 6/8/10% Bucks offer towards end of the qtr.  

eBay changed the Bucks rule so one cannot buy their gift cards as well as other gift cards starting Jan 1.  I took advantage of 10% coupon (up to $100) on electronic offer couple of weeks ago to use up Q4 Bucks as I have been maxing out at $500 on 2 accts from buying gold coins.  Expect to see more Bucks and flash $15 off deals mid to late March.

wasn't it 75$?

soulzeng said:   wasn't it 75$?
  yep

What is unusual is that this 8% Bucks period coincides with a Bucks redemption month. Usually there are no bonuses when Bucks are eligible to be redeemed. I redeemed my Bucks a few days ago thinking this would not pop up, and slightly regret doing so (I only had $25 in Bucks anyway, so about $2 in loss).

Unusual 3-day window closes tonight at 11:59 PM PST!

Got 2 1-oz gold coins for $1,299 with 100 bucks each last night.

BPH789 said:   Unusual 3-day window closes tonight at 11:59 PM PST!

Got 2 1-oz gold coins for $1,299 with 100 bucks each last night.

Thanks for bumping this. Not sure why it was marked expired but I asked mods moved it back to HD.

Dammit, I used to get this offer every time, but its been about a year or so since I've received. Any ideas? Luck of the random?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017