This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

Lenovo - IdeaCentre Stick 300 - Intel Atom - 2GB Memory - 32GB Solid State Drive - Black $69.99 at bestbuy.com

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Lenovo - IdeaCentre Stick 300 - Intel Atom - 2GB Memory - 32GB Solid State Drive - Black $69.99 at bestbuy.com
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

Lenovo - IdeaCentre Stick 300 - Intel Atom - 2GB Memory - 32GB Solid State Drive - Black
$69.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideacentre-stick-300-intel-atom-2gb-memory-32gb-solid-state-drive-black/4472201.p?skuId=4472201

Lenovo 90F20000US Ideacentre Stick 300: The Ideacentre Stick 300 is a functional computer that's small enough to carry around in your pocket, and it plugs into the HDMI port on TVs and monitors. It features WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to connect to the Web and a variety of accessories.

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
In limited stores only and no shipping available

yesid0n0itall (Feb. 02, 2017 @ 12:40p) |

Perception is reality...

keaton85 (Feb. 02, 2017 @ 3:56p) |

It's an "Alternative Reality" similar to "Alternative Fact"

marcopolomle (Feb. 02, 2017 @ 4:39p) |

OOS at BestBuy.com, but can be found on BestBuy's listings on eBay

There are various drawbacks to this device, please share your tips & tricks below:
1. updating firmware by running an .exe have reportedly bricked this device, worth the extra step in using a USB memory stick for performing this
2. users report that this unit runs rather hot, some have resorted to using small USB fans to direct air at it.  Don't plan on running anything processor intensive, or it can overheat and be subject to Windows randomly shutting down.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Microsoft Windows 10 preinstalled

marcopolomle said:   Microsoft Windows 10 preinstalled
  Thank you!

Can anyone comment on using this for Skype on a TV? It seems like a perfect fit due to size. I would imagine there is enough horsepower to run Windows 10 + Skype reliably.

gremln007 said:   Can anyone comment on using this for Skype on a TV? It seems like a perfect fit due to size. I would imagine there is enough horsepower to run Windows 10 + Skype reliably.
  There's only 1 USB port and no 3.5 mm jacks so you would probably need a bluetooth headset,

Can this window 10 license be used on different computer?

comodosky said:   Can this window 10 license be used on different computer?
  No.
Starting Windows 10 the license is tied to the life of that computer and cannot be moved.

marcopolomle said:   
comodosky said:   Can this window 10 license be used on different computer?
  No.
Starting Windows 10 the license is tied to the life of that computer and cannot be moved.

  Another reason to stick with Mac, never have to EVER deal with paying for OS installs or upgrades. Easy peasy!  

Do some research on this product. I tried to update the BIOS and "bricked" the damn thing. Seems like it is a common occurrence. Others are complaining about the same problem. Save yourself some time and frustration.... burn the $70.00 in a BBQ now. It will happen eventually.

if you dont consider paying 5 times more initially for apple stuff..win 10 will be upgraded free for 10 years,,,not seeing your point..

I would think that would be easy to get a warranty replacement if Lenovo's upgrade utility didn't work.

keaton85 said:   
marcopolomle said:   
comodosky said:   Can this window 10 license be used on different computer?
  No.
Starting Windows 10 the license is tied to the life of that computer and cannot be moved.

  Another reason to stick with Mac, never have to EVER deal with paying for OS installs or upgrades. Easy peasy!  

  You just paying 5x upfront. Don't kid yourself 

OOS in my area.

lepa71 said:   
keaton85 said:   
marcopolomle said:   
comodosky said:   Can this window 10 license be used on different computer?
  No.
Starting Windows 10 the license is tied to the life of that computer and cannot be moved.

  Another reason to stick with Mac, never have to EVER deal with paying for OS installs or upgrades. Easy peasy!  

  You just paying 5x upfront. Don't kid yourself 

  5X? Umm show me a mac and a win machine that has a 5X spread.

also have to factor in depreciation, as a mac does hold value very well.

None within 250 miles of Chicago area. Dead already?

Anyone ever run a linux distro on one of these? Ubuntu, for example.

keaton85 said:   
lepa71 said:   
keaton85 said:   
marcopolomle said:   
comodosky said:   Can this window 10 license be used on different computer?
  No.
Starting Windows 10 the license is tied to the life of that computer and cannot be moved.

  Another reason to stick with Mac, never have to EVER deal with paying for OS installs or upgrades. Easy peasy!  

  You just paying 5x upfront. Don't kid yourself 

  5X? Umm show me a mac and a win machine that has a 5X spread.

also have to factor in depreciation, as a mac does hold value very well.

  Find me a product comparable to this form factor and price in apple products. I bought a Dell with i5 6xxx 16gb ram 256gb ssd 14" 1080 touch screen with dedicated nvidia card for $450 similar mac would be at least $2000-$2500. 

As for price, look at them selling on CL. 50% off after a year. Don't be a sheep just because there is a picture of apple on it.
 

keaton85 said:   
marcopolomle said:   
comodosky said:   Can this window 10 license be used on different computer?
  No.
Starting Windows 10 the license is tied to the life of that computer and cannot be moved.

  Another reason to stick with Mac, never have to EVER deal with paying for OS installs or upgrades. Easy peasy!  

  Missing your point.....you can't port you Apple OS to any device of your choosing.  It is upgraded on the device....just like Windows 10.  A little too eager to apple-shill, and you missed the point.

lepa71 said:   
keaton85 said:   
lepa71 said:   
keaton85 said:   
marcopolomle said:   
comodosky said:   Can this window 10 license be used on different computer?
  No.
Starting Windows 10 the license is tied to the life of that computer and cannot be moved.

  Another reason to stick with Mac, never have to EVER deal with paying for OS installs or upgrades. Easy peasy!  

  You just paying 5x upfront. Don't kid yourself 

  5X? Umm show me a mac and a win machine that has a 5X spread.

also have to factor in depreciation, as a mac does hold value very well.

  Find me a product comparable to this form factor and price in apple products. I bought a Dell with i5 6xxx 16gb ram 256gb ssd 14" 1080 touch screen with dedicated nvidia card for $450 similar mac would be at least $2000-$2500. 

As for price, look at them selling on CL. 50% off after a year. Don't be a sheep just because there is a picture of apple on it.

  not to mention - what does Apple have that is relevant to this post? there is nothing!

lepa71 said:   
keaton85 said:   
lepa71 said:   
keaton85 said:   
marcopolomle said:   
comodosky said:   Can this window 10 license be used on different computer?
  No.
Starting Windows 10 the license is tied to the life of that computer and cannot be moved.

  Another reason to stick with Mac, never have to EVER deal with paying for OS installs or upgrades. Easy peasy!  

  You just paying 5x upfront. Don't kid yourself 

  5X? Umm show me a mac and a win machine that has a 5X spread.

also have to factor in depreciation, as a mac does hold value very well.

  Find me a product comparable to this form factor and price in apple products. I bought a Dell with i5 6xxx 16gb ram 256gb ssd 14" 1080 touch screen with dedicated nvidia card for $450 similar mac would be at least $2000-$2500. 

As for price, look at them selling on CL. 50% off after a year. Don't be a sheep just because there is a picture of apple on it.

  
But you don't have the "satisfaction" of owning an apple product... Apple people are far superior to windows people... LOL... 

Apple hype reminds me of yesteryear when Pennzoil said they were the ASK FOR MOTOR OIL
All in their heads and those they CONVINCED

nice one

None within 250 miles of Chicago area. Dead already?
I think so. None within 250mi of NJ (don't know why it defaults to there) or FL.

=aw

Was dead for me too last night. Too cheap to stick around, I guess..

In limited stores only and no shipping available

yesid0n0itall said:   Apple hype reminds me of yesteryear when Pennzoil said they were the ASK FOR MOTOR OIL
All in their heads and those they CONVINCED

  Perception is reality...

keaton85 said:   
yesid0n0itall said:   Apple hype reminds me of yesteryear when Pennzoil said they were the ASK FOR MOTOR OIL
All in their heads and those they CONVINCED

  Perception is reality...

It's an "Alternative Reality" similar to "Alternative Fact"



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017