Logitech Harmony Smart Control - $69.99 FS @ Best Buy - DotD

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Logitech Harmony
Disclaimer
For one day only, Best Buy has the Logitech Harmony Smart Control  on sale for $69.99 with free shipping.

Deal Notes: This matches the standard low sale price we've been seeing for this device for a few months now. This is also still matches Amazon's lowest price ever according to Camelcamelcamel

• Use your smartphone (available Harmony Smartphone app) or the included Harmony Remote to control your entertainment devices
  • Smartphone app includes Swipe and Tap control for one-touch control of your entertainment system, up to 50 favorite channel icons, volume, media playback, and more (Works with iPhone iOS 6.0 or later and Android 4.0 or later)
  • Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
  • Control up to 8 devices: Works with over 270,000 devices including cable TV boxes, Apple TV, Roku, Sonos, Amazon Fire TV, Phillips Hue, Xbox One, PS3, and TV-connected PC or Mac

ReviewCNet 

Rated 4.3/5 stars with 1,485 customer reviews. Rated 4/5 stars with 2,077 customer reviews on Amazon.

The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Shopping is $91.00 from Walmart.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

The hub is perfect with Alexa

good deal, I got a refund

I love love love this remote. Got 2 last time they were on sale and kicked myself for not getting 2 more. Amazing and fast remote that, while it does not have backlighting, also doesn't need to be recharged. Charging is a dealbreaker for my wife. Also, you can "hack" it to control more than 8 devices. Currently mine controls 12 or 13. Just had to program an old Harmony remote that had more devices, and then import those settings into this remote. Viola...it can now control more than 8 devices!

My only quibble is that it has a 3 dedicated buttons (TV, Movie, and Music) which can be assigned a long and short command, for a total of 6 activities. Why it doesn't have a dedicated GAMING button is beyond me. Should be a 4th gaming button....short press XBox 360, long press PS4, or something like that.

Showing OOS at BB. Ordered for delivery in a couple of weeks from Ammazon

For those who have this...what % of the time are you using your phone, and what % of time using actual remote?

forcedreg said:   The hub is perfect with Alexa
  To be sure I understand...would it be - 

"Alexa, Watch TV" (and it is as if I pushed the watch TV button on remote)?

PharmerNate said:   I love love love this remote. Got 2 last time they were on sale and kicked myself for not getting 2 more. Amazing and fast remote that, while it does not have backlighting, also doesn't need to be recharged. Charging is a dealbreaker for my wife. Also, you can "hack" it to control more than 8 devices. Currently mine controls 12 or 13. Just had to program an old Harmony remote that had more devices, and then import those settings into this remote. Viola...it can now control more than 8 devices!

My only quibble is that it has a 3 dedicated buttons (TV, Movie, and Music) which can be assigned a long and short command, for a total of 6 activities. Why it doesn't have a dedicated GAMING button is beyond me. Should be a 4th gaming button....short press XBox 360, long press PS4, or something like that.

so are you saying that if we don't have an older harmony remote we can't "hack" it to add more devices?
​can anything be done via the mobile app? (maybe in an older version - if that could even be found?)

If you have Prime Now, you can try ordering that way... they had it in stock in Houston for the same price and same-day delivery.

wilked said:   For those who have this...what % of the time are you using your phone, and what % of time using actual remote?
  I only use my phone when Mrs. KKH has the remote.

I can't get it to go in my cart at $69.99 even though the product page says that.  Goes in as $129.99.

I already have a Harmony Elite and it works great with my primary tv but I was thinking it would be nice to add this to my upstairs tv.  Alexa will work with either as will the Hub and app. Very Handy!

wilked said:   For those who have this...what % of the time are you using your phone, and what % of time using actual remote?
  75% phone 25% remote

wilked said:   

It's OK with alexa. Still limited, just got better a few weeks ago. Needs the harmony skill.Google that to learn teh limtiations, I dont want to mislead anyone

wilked said:   

Yes, once you set up the remote with all your devices and pair the myharmony app with the Alexa app you will say "Alexa, turn on the... (satellite...antenna...radio)"  You choose what you want those keywords to be so if you want it to be "watch TV" then you make that be the trigger.  Then you'd say "Alexa, turn on the tv" and it will come on.  

For my system I have it set to "satellite", "antenna", "DVD", "radio".  It will turn on the all various devices to the correct inputs with the one command.  For other commands you have to say "Alexa tell Harmony to....Something like lower the volume or tune in a certain channel.  Of course we use Alexa a lot just to turn on the system and turn it off without having to push any buttons.  It keeps her awake too!

You can control on and off ,change channels, adjust volume, tune specific channels, select input etc.  You say" Alexa tell Harmony to"XXXXXXXX"  "  It works amazingly well!

price went up to $129.99

Nice deal !

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017