• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Good deal. These a real PITA to assemble though.

rated:
Can anyone confirm or deny the weight limits? I plan to use these for canned foods.

Features:

Brand New Commercial 6 Shelf Adjustable Steel Wire Shelving. The weight limit per shelf is 220 LBS without wheels.

3" commercial castor wheels with two that lock for safety

Height adjustable non-rolling/stationary feet included, allows shelving to hold up to 220 lbs. per unit

NSF rated for food safety

Shelves adjust at 1" increments

Heavy Duty Steel

Shelves are adjustable height at 1" increments

Commercial Grade Black Wire

No Tools Required for Assembly

Maximum Weight Capacity for entire Unit: 1320 lbs.

Maximum Weight Capacity per shelf: 220 lbs. equally distributed

Maximum Weight Capacity for entire Unit when using the casters (wheels) instead of leveling feet is 220 lbs.

Dimensions: 48"L x 18"W x 78"H(With stationary feet)

Dimensions: 48"L x 18"W x 82"H(With Wheels)

rated:
Is it water proof for wet pots and pans?

rated:
Thanks for posting, OP.

rated:
Relatively easy to put together (I have 10 of em), yes they are 'water proof' for wet pots and pans (what a weird question; just don't store this outside). I can't confirm exact weight limits, but I keep a ton of heavy stuff on them and have no problems (as long as they are originally put together properly). They usually go for about 60 bucks shipped, so this is a good deal.

rated:
...WAY more interesting in my eyes is the possibility of this type of wire shelving to combine two 6-shelf-units to one 12-shelf-unit of THREE times the width. Just assemble the whole unit in one shot from the bottom up and install at least two (better three or four) shelves towards the OUTSIDE, therefore connecting the two units. A word of caution: Be sure beforehand on what heights you want the shelves mounted, since it is almost impossible to correct this later without major disassembly!

You get a three shelves wide unit, obviously with the same number of shelves (12). You do NOT gain shelf space, but you DO gain room for larger items (which this shelving can handle very easily) and one VERY sturdy wall unit. And while you are at it, you might want to explore the 'buy three, make five'-version...

disclaimer: I've done this with similar units, not this exact one, and posted a picture in the Quick Summary to demonstrate my point. It shows a triple unit with ten shelves since the two units used came with five shelves each.

rated:
giselmey said:   ...WAY more interesting in my eyes is the possibility of this type of wire shelving to combine two 6-shelf-units to one 12-shelf-unit of THREE times the width. Just assemble the whole unit in one shot from the bottom up and install at least two (better three or four) shelves towards the OUTSIDE, therefore connecting the two units. A word of caution: Be sure beforehand on what heights you want the shelves mounted, since it is almost impossible to correct this later without major disassembly!

You get a three shelves wide unit, obviously with the same number of shelves (12). You do NOT gain shelf space, but you DO gain room for larger items (which this shelving can handle very easily) and one VERY sturdy wall unit. And while you are at it, you might want to explore the 'buy three, make five'-version...

disclaimer: I've done this with similar units, not this exact one, and posted a picture in the Quick Summary to demonstrate my point. It shows a triple unit with ten shelves since the two units used came with five shelves each.

OMFG! I never thought of doing that! I have five of these side-by-side in one side of my garage, when I could've just bought three since I have two shelves from each that I didn't need! Well, what I found out was that the poles are available in that giant web marketplace (A) so I bought three sets and used my spare shelves for the other side of the garage. But still, I could've saved had I thought of your idea before!

rated:
Thanks OP, great deal!

rated:
Ugh, I just paid $57 for one on Rakuten. These are pretty decent shelfs. I own another one that I bought a few months ago, took less than an hour to assemble.

rated:
Thanks OP. Something similar at Costco yesterday was ~$59 and I don't have to get it to my house myself!!

rated:
giselmey said:   ...WAY more interesting in my eyes is the possibility of this type of wire shelving to combine two 6-shelf-units to one 12-shelf-unit of THREE times the width. Just assemble the whole unit in one shot from the bottom up and install at least two (better three or four) shelves towards the OUTSIDE, therefore connecting the two units. A word of caution: Be sure beforehand on what heights you want the shelves mounted, since it is almost impossible to correct this later without major disassembly!

Didn't see the pix in the Quick Summary, can you repost? Thx

rated:
barondeluze said:   

Didn't see the pix in the Quick Summary, can you repost? Thx

It's the top one in the Quick Summary, kind of messy garage pic.

rated:

I had thoughts of that before, though never had a 2nd unit to work with. I probably would skip on putting the wheels that long of an assembly though, as I don't think it will or should be moved.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017