H&R Block Deluxe + State 2016 + Refund Bonus Offer (Download) - $18.99 @ Amazon

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Thanks to user NEDeals for bringing this to my attention with this comment

Amazon is offering H&R Block Tax Software (Deluxe) + State 2016 + Refund Bonus Offer (Download) for $18.99. Since this is a download you'll be able to access it in your Amazon Software Library after purchase. 

• Personalized tax advice
  • Maximize mortgage interest and charitable deductions
  • Sale of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
  • One State program download included
  • Get a 10% bonus refund when you choose to receive your refund via Amazon.com Gift Card

According to Camelcamelcamel, this price is a historic low. Rated 3.7/5 stars based on 136 customer reviews. 

Member Summary

H&R Block Tax Software Deluxe + State 2016 Win + Refund Bonus Offer
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
yep. I'm sure. its 5000 in total refund you can use towards gift cards. and of that only 2000 can go to Amazon. I used t... (more)

litewallet (Feb. 07, 2017 @ 6:30a) |

Looks like price went up overnight.  The downloadable has free shipping (obviously).

FatWalletLurker (Feb. 07, 2017 @ 7:04a) |

The deal expired I'll go ahead and move this thread to the expired forum. Hopefully it's back again soon.

st4rdust (Feb. 07, 2017 @ 9:08a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks. Been waiting for a price drop!

I can't figure out if this includes state e-file or if that's an extra charge?

$10 less than I paid. Just e-mailed to ask for a credit. I see that software is not returnable but I've had luck in the past with matching price drops.

It's a free state return but to e-file the state you must pay an additional $19.95 plus tax.

loisjones said:   It's a free state return but to e-file the state you must pay an additional $19.95 plus tax.
Not necessarily. New York State prohibits charging for e-file. link

This year, as in the past, H&R Block mailed me a copy of their Deluxe tax software. I don't need state, so all together I paid about $5.35 after taxes. They encourage sharing the CD with others... I am willing to upload it to a server for downloads by others if there is interest. PM me to let me know.

preacher2B said:   This year, as in the past, H&R Block mailed me a copy of their Deluxe tax software. I don't need state, so all together I paid about $5.35 after taxes. They encourage sharing the CD with others... I am willing to upload it to a server for downloads by others if there is interest. PM me to let me know.
  A similarly priced CD was uploaded in Dec. The ISO download info was posted on SD, and I put up a post on FW about it. It's probably still valid.

Not bothering with the ISO method, not worth the hassle. The self-employed Premium version is on a similar sale now $26.99. Thanks OP.

WalterGuy said:   Not bothering with the ISO method, not worth the hassle. The self-employed Premium version is on a similar sale now $26.99. Thanks OP.
  The same here. I just bought the Deluxe + State for $19.99.
Putting all your personal information in a downloaded ISO program is a big risk. $5-$10 saving is not worth it.

How is the 2016 version of H&R Block's Tax software compared to Intuit's TurboTax? Last Year no one was happy with TurboTax.

Haven't heard anything from either side this year.

Interesting deal. Theoretically, one could prepay upwards of $50k to the IRS, file their taxes showing a $50k refund, and get $5k extra in Amazon gift cards. Who's in?

ohmic314 said:   Interesting deal. Theoretically, one could prepay upwards of $50k to the IRS, file their taxes showing a $50k refund, and get $5k extra in Amazon gift cards. Who's in?
  As exciting as that sounds its a maximum of 500 in additional funds when you get gift cards. so you can file for 50k but only get 500$ additional, not 5k.

loisjones said:   It's a free state return but to e-file the state you must pay an additional $19.95 plus tax.
  Does that mean I can print and send in a hard copy to the state for no additional charge - I'm in MA. 

Edited,. I read the Q&A and someone said you can print as many tax returns as you want, just get charged when efile more than 4 times for Fed or if you efile for State. 

mmyk72 said:   
  Does that mean I can print and send in a hard copy to the state for no additional charge - I'm in MA. 

Yes, I print it every year and I'm in Massachusetts too.

litewallet said:   
ohmic314 said:   Interesting deal. Theoretically, one could prepay upwards of $50k to the IRS, file their taxes showing a $50k refund, and get $5k extra in Amazon gift cards. Who's in?
  As exciting as that sounds its a maximum of 500 in additional funds when you get gift cards. so you can file for 50k but only get 500$ additional, not 5k.

Even better: There are lots of problems documented on the web with this program. You could find yourself getting no gift cards at all, or worse yet, never getting your $50K back. 
Google it to see the difficulties some people have had.
You basically sign over your refund to a no-name bank with no contact info, and hope they do the right thing.
That risk is just not worth a max of 10% return to me.

Amazon credited me with $11.00 so it is worth asking, even though it is not their policy to price match and even though software is not refundable.

DavidScubadiver said:   Amazon credited me with $11.00 so it is worth asking, even though it is not their policy to price match and even though software is not refundable.
  I just got turned down in chat with a customer service online.  Was told about non-matching policy blah bla..  Any tips?
Thanks.

Thank you.  That is exactly what I was looking for!

litewallet said:   

Are you sure?  The details say 

• Limits apply ($2000 per e-card, maximum $5000 per customer).

Which leaves me to believe you could get up to $5k in gift cards.

You can allocate up to $5K towards the gift card program.
Of that amount, a max of $2K can go towards a single e-giftcard from a single retailer (eg Amazon). Of course, you could buy two $2K Amazon GC's, and a $1K Amazon GC, to allocate the full $5K to Amazon GC's.

The $5K in gift cards will have 10% ($500) bonus added to them by HR Block.

Again, though, I would google this offer a bit to see the experiences that some people have had. It does have risk.

I didn't mind the "CD method" to get H&R Block Deluxe Plus State PLUS one free state e-file for $14.95 total. (Deluxe + State normally doesn't come with a free state e-file.)

Too bad the refund is only in Amazon gift cards this year and only for purchases made from Amazon. Pretty nasty marketing too - they waited to sell as much as they could before announcing the bonus.

P.S. Their gift card program worked very well for me two years in the row.

So I'm going to purchase the software and see at the bottom there is a choice of the CD with frustration-free packaging for $19.99 ($1 more), so I select it and put it in my cart. I then look at my cart and see the original full price of $29.92 minus a $16 bonus discount for this purchase that brings the final price to $15 that includes CA sales tax. Not sure what the bonus was all about, but I'll take it. I may have bought the same software from Amazon last year, so it may be a loyalty discount they are offering. Curious, has anyone else seen this or know what it might be?

I see..... Price: $26.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49.

Am I missing something?

ohmic314 said:   
litewallet said:   

Are you sure?  The details say 

• Limits apply ($2000 per e-card, maximum $5000 per customer).

Which leaves me to believe you could get up to $5k in gift cards.

yep. I'm sure. its 5000 in total refund you can use towards gift cards. and of that only 2000 can go to Amazon. I used the same offer last year. 

nashi said:   I see..... Price: $26.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49.

Am I missing something?

Looks like price went up overnight.  The downloadable has free shipping (obviously).

nashi said:   I see..... Price: $26.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49.

Am I missing something?

The deal expired I'll go ahead and move this thread to the expired forum. Hopefully it's back again soon. 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017