• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Sign-up for $10 Paygo plan and add code RINGPAYG10OFF and your check out cost will be zero. This $10 is good for 6 months of Paygo service. For those who don't want to deal with Ting this is a great way to stash your phone while deciding where to go.
Edit: my port-in has failed thus far. Will update. Port-in now "in progress".
I have activated a bunch of inactive Ringplus phones now all for free and without using a credit card.
Offer valid until February 20th.

Member Summary

Tello (55.83kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No, it really is dead - just tried to use it to port to Tello. I opted for a monthly plan the first month instead, beca... (more)

ahallfatwallett (Feb. 14, 2017 @ 7:04p) |

I"m adding a CC and plan asap for unlimited data.
From social, I can't explain it better than promoze so I'll just quote... (more)

Monkeybiz (Feb. 23, 2017 @ 9:41p) |

$5 BONUS
for Pay As You Go credit

Use Pay As You Go balance for US calls, texts, and data, as well as for international ca... (more)

marcopolomle (Mar. 06, 2017 @ 11:08a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Anyone started the port to tello today? have plans to use this deal?  is it too late to initiate a port out now?

rated:
What if you already ported to ting or somewhere else? No deal?

rated:
deals4travel said:   Anyone started the port to tello today? have plans to use this deal?  is it too late to initiate a port out now?
  I had a line left so I just started the port 30 minutes ago. Will update the progress.

rated:
Since r+ will still be operating til feb.21, i'd guess they'll be processing ports next week too.

EDIT..... delete that. They changed the date to feb.11 ... tomorrow!

rated:
Has anyone tried this code yet? Prepaidphonenews (and an earlier discussion here) indicates it's 10 percent off, not 10 dollars.

rated:
$10 OFF here. However my recent order states "Failed" at Tello. Don't know if this is a Ringplus issue or perhaps you actually need to select $11 of paygo so they get a credit card.

rated:
RobL said:   $10 OFF here. However my recent order states "Failed" at Tello. Don't know if this is a Ringplus issue or perhaps you actually need to select $11 of paygo so they get a credit card.
Many (most) are getting that error when porting.  Later it should change to pending.  Their system is "overwhelmed" these days with all the activity.  Both of mine had changed by the next morning.

rated:
knickdigger said:   Since r+ will still be operating til feb.21, i'd guess they'll be processing ports next week too.

EDIT..... delete that. They changed the date to feb.11 ... tomorrow!

I got an email this afternoon saying RingPlus service should be good till Feb. 21 -- a quick excerpt:
Ringplus email said: Dear RingPlus Members,

RingPlus was able to extended service as late as February 21, 2017 eventhough when we expect the migration to Ting to happen somewhat sooner next week (before February 21). Ting will announce the actual migration date soon.

You do not need to worry that you may lose your phone numbers or service! All numbers will be moved to Ting. (Ting will allow you to freely port in and out.) In addition, RingPlus made free and 1 cent daily plans available with a small ($2) auto top up requirements that will be triggered if your balance hits zero. Please check the "Upgrade" function on your dashboard to see those plans. These plans will allow you to maintain phone service until your migration to Ting is completed.

rated:
Tello has terrible customer service. I signed up for Tello and in the process discovered that Ring+ didn't release my phone. I called Tello 3 times and they make you wait then ask for a call back number and then fail to call back.

rated:
NOW there's a $10 credit? &*$(*@#)*#%$

rated:
RobL said:   $10 OFF here. However my recent order states "Failed" at Tello. Don't know if this is a Ringplus issue or perhaps you actually need to select $11 of paygo so they get a credit card.

Same here. Also, when I attempted to buy $11 credit, I got error message like: please wait for the previous order to finish.

rated:
dwayne33 said:   NOW there's a $10 credit? &*$(*@#)*#%$
  Probably a day late and a dollar short.  I get the same errors as others; failed try adding $10, then the $11 error

rated:
I added the coupon to a number that has a normal plan, and no deposit balance, I did a pay as go $20, and it worked for $10 off
It didn't work on a pay as you go that doesn't have a normal plan, and already has a deposit balance, that brought an error.

rated:
Tello got back to me and stated it was a ringplus problem that resulted in a fail and they were working on it. No problem with 10 off 10.
Status has changed from failed to porting in. Customer support was fine through email.

rated:
Status changed to porting in

rated:
I just started my port, I get "Order status Porting in" I hope to use the 10 code each month for next 6 months. I will stay with them because it it the best price for a cell phone for elderly parent that does not need data.

rated:
snuggles said:   I just started my port, I get "Order status Porting in" I hope to use the 10 code each month for next 6 months. I will stay with them because it it the best price for a cell phone for elderly parent that does not need data.
  I doubt you'll be able to use the code again. Paygo rates are 
US Calls 3˘/min
US Texts 1˘/SMS
US Data 2˘/MB 

So this is like an early Ringplus free plan that you can use for a backup phone. It will take a while to use up texts and calls on your $10.

rated:
I ported 3 lines last night and used the coupon for paygo service. All went well until the end and all said Failed. This morning all 3 are pending, but none show the $10 credit. Maybe it won't show until the lines are actually active?

rated:
I moved on Wednesday to tello. It took about 15 hours for the port. Didn't get the 10 dollar credit, but did get 30% off my top up on the pay as you go balance. So if you are staring with more than 33 bucks it's a better deal. I used code discount30 when selecting get top up amount. Two friends also moved to tello prepaid, they got 50% off first month, which was just a bit less than 10 but still good plan values that would have been 30 percent more on ting.

Financially Tello is always less expensive than Ting. Ting doesn't have pay as you go, it's tiered, and even for the tiers, if you use 501 minutes you are paying at more for voice than unlimited minutes on Tello if you choose to use prepaid rather than pay as you go on tello. The 6 dollar line charge raises all the prepaid options to a higher cost than tello.

There are three plusses to ting. I understand their customer service is first rate, the tiers are automatic (if you need to go over your prepaid tier on tello you have to go in and raise it), and they have voice roaming included.

rated:
Checking the rates, again, there is no scenario where ting is less expensive then tello. Most usage patterns ting is significantly more expensive. But they do include voice roaming, so if that's importent they are worth considering.

rated:
Thanks OP, just used code on a R+ line I had cancelled a few days ago and received the free 10$ paygo credit with no credit card required. The only slight negative is that there was no choice of numbers in my area code, they just assign one automatically. The ten dollars should last quite a while as this is a back-up of a backup phone for me.

rated:
BeachBumm said:   Thanks OP, just used code on a R+ line I had cancelled a few days ago and received the free 10$ paygo credit with no credit card required. The only slight negative is that there was no choice of numbers in my area code, they just assign one automatically. The ten dollars should last quite a while as this is a back-up of a backup phone for me.
  Was wondering if this would work on a cancelled phone. Thanks.

rated:
My R+ account was "suspended" because I didn't change plans in Dec. Just ported to telo with the 10 off code, so $10 paygo was $0. Moto E 2nd gen. Went through to "porting in" status immediately.

Hardest part was getting the sim # (my eyes are getting old), then I remembered that the ICC ID in the ring plus account is the sim number, so you can copy it from your ring+ "about your device" page (same for the MEID). Makes it easier than reading/typing minuscule codes.

So, I will wait to see whether it actually goes through, but looks good so far...

rated:
mbrenner said:   I moved on Wednesday to tello. It took about 15 hours for the port. Didn't get the 10 dollar credit, but did get 30% off my top up on the pay as you go balance. So if you are staring with more than 33 bucks it's a better deal. I used code discount30 when selecting get top up amount. Two friends also moved to tello prepaid, they got 50% off first month, which was just a bit less than 10 but still good plan values that would have been 30 percent more on ting.

Financially Tello is always less expensive than Ting. Ting doesn't have pay as you go, it's tiered, and even for the tiers, if you use 501 minutes you are paying at more for voice than unlimited minutes on Tello if you choose to use prepaid rather than pay as you go on tello. The 6 dollar line charge raises all the prepaid options to a higher cost than tello.

There are three plusses to ting. I understand their customer service is first rate, the tiers are automatic (if you need to go over your prepaid tier on tello you have to go in and raise it), and they have voice roaming included.

You can still get $10 PAYGO credit applied to your account by using the code.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
mbrenner said:   I moved on Wednesday to tello. It took about 15 hours for the port. Didn't get the 10 dollar credit, but did get 30% off my top up on the pay as you go balance. So if you are staring with more than 33 bucks it's a better deal. I used code discount30 when selecting get top up amount. Two friends also moved to tello prepaid, they got 50% off first month, which was just a bit less than 10 but still good plan values that would have been 30 percent more on ting.

You can still get $10 PAYGO credit applied to your account by using the code.

Thanks for the heads up -- added $10 to my existing account and applied the promo code to get it free

rated:
Thanks op, just added $10 to my account by ordering $10 paygo and applying the coupon, free no taxes.

Btw, when I ported my number it showed expired at RingPlus dashboard and failed on Tello.  The port did go through after a couple of hours and I received my email invoice from Tello and Tello's website port status changed from failed to successful.

rated:
I started the port from Ringplus to Tello last Friday, before any of the promotions began, so I had a ~$10 balance that I paid ~$10 for.

But I was still able to add $10 to the balance for free with this coupon. Then, I added a 500 minute data-only plan (to get throttled data when the 500 runs out) for $4 with the RINGPLUS50 code.

rated:
With Tello such aggressive marketing, I can see that the majority of RingPlus low usage customers will end up with Tello in the next 6 months. We will be one big happy family again. Now I have 50% more lines with Tello than I did with RingPlus since I activated those flip phones in my draw.

rated:
TunaNugget said:   I started the port from Ringplus to Tello last Friday, before any of the promotions began, so I had a ~$10 balance that I paid ~$10 for.

But I was still able to add $10 to the balance for free with this coupon. Then, I added a 500 minute data-only plan (to get throttled data when the 500 runs out) for $4 with the RINGPLUS50 code.

is that 500 throttled $4/month or until used?

rated:
4th try was the charm. Finally talked to tech support and he provided instructions which were not on the website for setting up an old Virgin Mobile flip phone. Works now!

rated:
yahoot said:   (my eyes are getting old)

Take a photo with your phone.
Display.
Zoom In,

rated:
Thanks OP. I ported my phone on 2/8 with $11 plan and 50% off. Today I added $10 Paygo and used this code to get it free. Awesome.

Anyone know how to add 2nd or 3rd line for same account? From what I see you have to create a new account for each line.

rated:
yahoot said:   My R+ account was "suspended" because I didn't change plans in Dec. Just ported to telo with the 10 off code, so $10 paygo was $0. Moto E 2nd gen. Went through to "porting in" status immediately.

Hardest part was getting the sim # (my eyes are getting old), then I remembered that the ICC ID in the ring plus account is the sim number, so you can copy it from your ring+ "about your device" page (same for the MEID). Makes it easier than reading/typing minuscule codes.

So, I will wait to see whether it actually goes through, but looks good so far...

I just tried to do the same thing for a suspended R+ phone. But during the porting out process, tello did not recognize the phone # associated with this suspended phone. Not sure how to go further... 

rated:
myisland said:   4th try was the charm. Finally talked to tech support and he provided instructions which were not on the website for setting up an old Virgin Mobile flip phone. Works now!
  was the issue VM phone or it being a flip phone. I have a bunch of old LG Lotus flip phones that I am hoping to sign on to tello with the generous $10 to keep in glove box for emergency use.

rated:
brusbrother said:   
myisland said:   4th try was the charm. Finally talked to tech support and he provided instructions which were not on the website for setting up an old Virgin Mobile flip phone. Works now!
  was the issue VM phone or it being a flip phone. I have a bunch of old LG Lotus flip phones that I am hoping to sign on to tello with the generous $10 to keep in glove box for emergency use.

I did one that was suspended. It wouldn't recognize the number or let me select get another. I cancelled the Ring+ account and retried just as BYOD. It let me get a new number and use the $10 coupon Also, since there was no porting, it was active in minutes.. 

rated:
chubbypops said:   
brusbrother said:   

I did one that was suspended. It wouldn't recognize the number or let me select get another. I cancelled the Ring+ account and retried just as BYOD. It let me get a new number and use the $10 coupon Also, since there was no porting, it was active in minutes.. 

I just did the same thing. Now I have an emergency phone with a $10 pay-as-you-go balance.  Thanks all for your tips!

rated:
I have two lines on R+ under different email addresses. Can you setup these two lines the same way on Tello as R+? Or do they cross-reference with household info (name + address) across lines? I want to get $10 credit on both lines.

rated:
FatWKing said:   I have two lines on R+ under different email addresses. Can you setup these two lines the same way on Tello as R+? Or do they cross-reference with household info (name + address) across lines? I want to get $10 credit on both lines.
  Use 2 different emails on Tello and you get $10 credit on each even with same household info.

Skipping 38 Messages...
rated:
$5 BONUS
for Pay As You Go credit

Use Pay As You Go balance for US calls, texts, and data, as well as for international calls & texts.

The bonus is valid between 6 - 10 March for orders of min. $10 with coupon code 5PAYG.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017