• Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

gear s2 (82.25kB)
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I waited too long.  Must be dead.  Now showing only the S3 at $404.

wasben (Feb. 14, 2017 @ 2:28p) |

it works on tizen as well as android?

hawk311 (Feb. 14, 2017 @ 2:37p) |

dead?

microkelvin (Feb. 18, 2017 @ 3:20p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Looks like you have to be a T-Mo customer to buy. Or am I missing something?

rated:
"Device purchase requires a SIM Starter Kit which will be added to your order automatically." So add another $20 or so. Still a good deal for me being T-Mo.

rated:
I had trouble yesterday, but today I was able to get to the checkout page by removing the empty device placeholder in my cart. You still have to buy the $20 SIM kit, and the final order page shows a monthly charge of $10. Am assuming you have to cancel that monthly charge ASAP.

rated:
Samsung employs its own Tizen mobile OS in the Gear S2... deal breaker?

rated:
Thanks OP, in for one. I can finally ditch my Pebble Classic.

rated:
comprx said:   Looks like you have to be a T-Mo customer to buy. Or am I missing something?
  Added to cart, but the site wants me to add a phone to my cart as well. Looks like for TMo customers only. Shame, I would have signed up just for the service on the watch.

rated:
Do I need to add a line to use this one ?

rated:
KVA said:   Do I need to add a line to use this one ?  

Yes, the final cost comes to around $125 with a line. You can cancel after a month.

rated:
catoverlord said:   

Yes, the final cost comes to around $125 with a line. You can cancel after a month.

The line for me is $5, $15 - $10 credit after bill, but I'm sure after taxes it would be around $6.50. I'm still cutting the line during the first month, since I don't need another line to use it with my current phone line.

rated:
If you already have T-Mobile then yes, your cost would be lower than $125.

rated:
ElGuache said:   
catoverlord said:   

The line for me is $5, $15 - $10 credit after bill, but I'm sure after taxes it would be around $6.50. I'm still cutting the line during the first month, since I don't need another line to use it with my current phone line.

Actually, the taxes + fees for this data line (S2 Watch) is the same as the regular line ($2.95) so your total will be $7.95. I have this watch with TMobile for a few months already.

rated:
SSi said:   Samsung employs its own Tizen mobile OS in the Gear S2... deal breaker?
  Depends on what you want to use it for.  I use mine for notifications, step tracking, reminders to get up every hour, interesting watch faces, HR tracking, HR w/ a strap for full workouts (you need a Samsung phone to install Pear though)....aka, a fancy Fitbit that looks a lot better and is roughly the same cost (got my Verizon one for $85 and don't bother w/ the cellular data plan

Start with "I want to use this smartwatch for xxxx" and then figure out what a "deal breaker" is for you...
My favorite part of the Gear is the rotating bezel....glad Android finally added rotating crown support and copied a lot of the Samsung UI touch minimization...AndroidWear 1.x was mehhh

rated:
ElGuache said:   Thanks OP, in for one. I can finally ditch my Pebble Classic.
  me too

rated:
in for one. thanks op

rated:
I have tmobile, its still asking me to get a new line.

rated:
Me too

rated:
If you already have a wearable line it should let you buy this as an upgrade, otherwise a single month if prorated service is only a few bucks.

rated:
ionxchanger said:   I have tmobile, its still asking me to get a new line.
  It is asking you to get a new Wearable line, which will cost you $5 + tax after the $10 monthly credit, but you can ditch the line during the first month, after you get the watch.

rated:
Perfect for the DIGITS beta. I use the beta on two phones and it works great. Free for the beta and rumor has it beta testers will be grandfathered in free. That means no cost to link your number to a watch/phone/tablet (secondary).

rated:
I waited too long.  Must be dead.  Now showing only the S3 at $404.

rated:
coolbreeze said:   Perfect for the DIGITS beta. I use the beta on two phones and it works great. Free for the beta and rumor has it beta testers will be grandfathered in free. That means no cost to link your number to a watch/phone/tablet (secondary).
  it works on tizen as well as android?

rated:

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017