60% off at&t gophone Galaxy Express 3 $19.99 @Target

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

samsung
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
For this particular phone, an IMEI beginning in 9900**, or 35858 will not be in their database. I have seen this with ot... (more)

chubbypops (Feb. 26, 2017 @ 2:03p) |

It seems that maybe they've now figured out how to root it:

Here.

ww4397 (Mar. 07, 2017 @ 6:03p) |

I had this same exact issue from a ZTE Maven a little over a month ago.  Today I decided to give it another try, and I d... (more)

Larryslug (Mar. 08, 2017 @ 7:52a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Would this be unlocked or easy to unlock?
Can I take this oversees? Do I need to purchase with AT&T go plan first?

wakeuprich said:   Would this be unlocked or easy to unlock?
Can I take this oversees? Do I need to purchase with AT&T go plan first?

  S/b easy to unlock provided you DO NOT turn it on with the AT&T SIM in it by requesting an unlock from AT&T. No, you shouldn't need to purchase the go plan first. For taking it overseas just Google or search this forum. You should be able to find the instructions to unlock the phone by searching fatwallet as well. Just do a search for "unlock AT&T phone".

wakeuprich said:   Would this be unlocked or easy to unlock?
Can I take this oversees? Do I need to purchase with AT&T go plan first?

  Easy enough to unlock, with a code that AT&T will provide on request, or you can find on eBay.  With code in hand, you should have a SIM from another provider in the phone when you first power it on.  You will be asked for an unlock code, which you will have.  This information applies to GoPhones in general, but have no specific knowledge of the present model.  Search Gophone threads here to find more general unlocking information and links.

[oops, should have refreshed my screen before composing an answer!]

Thanks OP!! Looking for one..

Not bad specs wise. Only downside is the RAM (1GB)
8GB Onboard memory but it has an expansion slot
1.3 GHz Quar core, 800x480 resolution 4.5" AMOLED screen
5 MP main camera, 2 MP front camera.

OOS at all my nearby Targets, although according to Brickseek, there are a few stores 50+ miles away that have 1 in-stock.

That said, I managed to get Wally to PM Target 's price, but I came in prepared, and even with that it wasn't easy:

1) Before heading out, I printed a copy of the Target.com web-page listing (inclusive of the Target DPCI #, which is: 080-02-1282).

2) Stopped by my local Target (where I knew the phone was OOS) and picked up a PRINTED sales flyer (to use for PM purposes).  If there aren't any sales flyers near the entrance, try asking one of the checkout cashiers (or search around a closed cashier).  While there, I decided to see if I could get a raincheck for the phone (good thing, because this ended up being a crucial detail). The clerk in electronics at first said rainchecks aren't available, but when I probed him further, he changed his answer, admitting he really wasn't certain. He radioed some other employee who told him to try it in the system, and if it prints, then that's the answer. In order to print the raincheck, he needed the Target DPCI #, so good thing I had the web-page listing (printout) with me (as the DPCI # was not listed in the printed sales flyer). Raincheck successfully printed.

3) Armed with the PRINTED SALES FLYER and a freshly printed Target raincheck, I headed over to a nearby Wally (where they had plenty of these phones in-stock). A clerk grabbed the phone for me from behind a locked display. Before he rang it up, I told him that I'd like to PM to Target and showed him the printed Target sales flyer. He then checked and advised that it wasn't in-stock @ any nearby Targets. I told him a few Targets 50+ miles away had it in stock and I was heading down that way tomorrow. I also told him that I had a raincheck, but he didn't seem to care.  He then spent 15+ mins researching (and even stepped away for a period of time). Finally, he called over a mgr over to see if the mgr would agree to the PM. The clerk explained the PM request to the mgr and heavily emphasized the part about it being OOS @ all nearby Targets. I countered to the mgr that it's irrelevant that it's OOS since Target issued me a rain check. Once Target 's sale is over and they're back-in stock, I'll be able to buy it from them at their sale price. Upon showing the mgr my raincheck, he quickly agreed and honored the PM.  (Wish the clerk was as decisive as the mgr).
 

appears to be unrootable on xda

Will it work on FreedomPop?

On AT&T website: (Device unlock eligibility requirements)Prepaid / GoPhone accounts

  • Your device must have been active for at least 6 months of paid service.
  •  

Anyone have experience with unlocking the phone if purchasing from Target etc and not using it for atleast 6 months?

megabyte1024 said:   On AT&T website: (Device unlock eligibility requirements)Prepaid / GoPhone accounts

  • Your device must have been active for at least 6 months of paid service.
  •  

Anyone have experience with unlocking the phone if purchasing from Target etc and not using it for atleast 6 months?

link, then select NOT a customer

myisland said:   Will it work on FreedomPop
  Yes, with either of the GSM SIMs available from them. See the post above for unlocking instructions and link. Use the IMEI straight off of the box to request code and don't even unpack it or turn it on with the ATT SIM in it. You will need a non-compatible (T Mo based) SIM for unlocking. If you use the US only LTE SIM from FreedomPop, you probably wouldn't have to unlock, but I would do it anyway. For the international SIM it has to be done.

TheDiggler said:   OOS at all my nearby Targets, although according to Brickseek, there are a few stores 50+ miles away that have 1 in-stock.

That said, I managed to get Wally to PM Target 's price, but I came in prepared, and even with that it wasn't easy:

1) Before heading out, I printed a copy of the Target.com web-page listing (inclusive of the Target DPCI #, which is: 080-02-1282).

2) Stopped by my local Target (where I knew the phone was OOS) and picked up a PRINTED sales flyer (to use for PM purposes).  If there aren't any sales flyers near the entrance, try asking one of the checkout cashiers (or search around a closed cashier).  While there, I decided to see if I could get a raincheck for the phone (good thing, because this ended up being a crucial detail). The clerk in electronics at first said rainchecks aren't available, but when I probed him further, he changed his answer, admitting he really wasn't certain. He radioed some other employee who told him to try it in the system, and if it prints, then that's the answer. In order to print the raincheck, he needed the Target DPCI #, so good thing I had the web-page listing (printout) with me (as the DPCI # was not listed in the printed sales flyer). Raincheck successfully printed.

3) Armed with the PRINTED SALES FLYER and a freshly printed Target raincheck, I headed over to a nearby Wally (where they had plenty of these phones in-stock). A clerk grabbed the phone for me from behind a locked display. Before he rang it up, I told him that I'd like to PM to Target and showed him the printed Target sales flyer. He then checked and advised that it wasn't in-stock @ any nearby Targets. I told him a few Targets 50+ miles away had it in stock and I was heading down that way tomorrow. I also told him that I had a raincheck, but he didn't seem to care.  He then spent 15+ mins researching (and even stepped away for a period of time). Finally, he called over a mgr over to see if the mgr would agree to the PM. The clerk explained the PM request to the mgr and heavily emphasized the part about it being OOS @ all nearby Targets. I countered to the mgr that it's irrelevant that it's OOS since Target issued me a rain check. Once Target 's sale is over and they're back-in stock, I'll be able to buy it from them at their sale price. Upon showing the mgr my raincheck, he quickly agreed and honored the PM.  (Wish the clerk was as decisive as the mgr).

  ...was able to have Wally price match in two of their stores in the Orlando, FL area with no hassle; thanks for the tip, and thanks OP.

Just got one with Wally price match! Waiting for the unlock code now.
Thanks!!

It is quite interesting, when I put IMEI code from the unopened box into AT&T unlock page as non AT&T customer, it is saying "The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T Wireless phone or tablet. Please re-enter the correct 15-digit IMEI number for your AT&T Wireless phone or tablet. You can obtain the IMEI number from the wireless phone by dialing *#06#. ". Have anyone has this kind of issue..

Worked fine for me.

I submitted the request few days back and got declined stating that "Your unlock request was denied because the IMEI number doesn’t match a device that’s compatible with the AT&T network.Check the IMEI number by dialing *#06#, or check the device settings, and then submit a new request.

I double checked in the box and it is correct. I resubmitted again with different email id..

My mom bought an Alcatel Ideal at bestbuy, gave me the imei to get an att unlock, and they rejected it for the same reason. I told her to return it & get a different one, so she went back & emailed me the imeis from several diff phones.

All the Ideals were "unrecognized", and all the other make/models were ok.

I got 2 of these at Target, and had no trouble getting unlock codes.

Also got an ideal from bb.com at BF last year, and it unlocked fine too. Maybe someone has to scan these phones somewhere, and they're missing some?

This Samsung galaxy express I bought from Best Buy after doing price match. Has anyone got the same problem with thissamsung phone bought from best buy. 

ghoshdd said:   This Samsung galaxy express I bought from Best Buy after doing price match. Has anyone got the same problem with thissamsung phone bought from best buy. 
  For this particular phone, an IMEI beginning in 9900**, or 35858 will not be in their database. I have seen this with other phones from them. It may be at some point, or may never be.

psxzombie said:   appears to be unrootable on xda
  
It seems that maybe they've now figured out how to root it:

Here.   

ghoshdd said:   It is quite interesting, when I put IMEI code from the unopened box into AT&T unlock page as non AT&T customer, it is saying "The IMEI you entered does not appear to be an AT&T Wireless phone or tablet. Please re-enter the correct 15-digit IMEI number for your AT&T Wireless phone or tablet. You can obtain the IMEI number from the wireless phone by dialing *#06#. ". Have anyone has this kind of issue..
I had this same exact issue from a ZTE Maven a little over a month ago.  Today I decided to give it another try, and I did not get any error message, or any message for that matter.  The captcha was a little difficult for me to make out so I refreshed it twice, and after that my phone and model number were filled in the boxes.  So now I wait to see if the request goes through; I tested it with a Tracfone T-Mo sim and it asked me for an unlock code, so yay!  My FP GSM SIM didn't work in the Maven, nor did it ask for an unlock code a month ago.  Today it works, so the unlock code isn't needed as I once thought it was to use with FP.
Which is good, because I always felt it was a waste of a Moto G4 to use it on FP  Also it turns out it was a good thing the ZTE Paragon I ordered came with the T-Mo SIM instead of the AT&T one I had hoped to get, otherwise an unlock code would be worthless to me.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017