• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Offer ID: 22823Terms and ConditionsPlenti card or card number must be presented at the time of purchase. Offer expires 11:59 PM. Offer only valid at participating locations. Offer requires online activation. Limit one offer redemption per member. Offer may not be combined with any other offers. You cannot earn Plenti points at Exxon and Mobil branded service stations for: aviation and marine fuels, negative transactions, fees, and tax. Additional Terms and Conditions apply to the Plenti rewards program at Exxon and Mobil branded service stations; see plenti.com/exxonmobil for more details and exclusions. Offer void where prohibited by law. Plenti points are generally credited to your Plenti account within 1 day. *Applies to Exxon and Mobil branded gasoline compared to gasoline meeting minimum U.S. government standards. Actual benefits vary depending on factors such as vehicle type, driving style and gasoline previously used.

www.plenti.com

offer has no cash value. Points are based on net purchases of eligible items and do not include excluded items, discounts, coupons, other credits, sales tax and other fees. Members must be fully enrolled to earn and redeem points. Points expire after 2 years. This offer is provided by ExxonMobil. Plenti is not responsible for the quality and availability of the product/service and Plenti is not affiliated with ExxonMobil or any product offered by ExxonMobil. Offers are non-transferable and reproduction is prohibited. Additional Terms and Conditions apply to the Plenti rewards program, Plenti.com/ExxonMobil. Participating partners and offers are subject to change without notice. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Mine is 200 on 8+ gallons.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   Mine is 200 on 8+ gallons.

even better!

rated:
Of course I just filled up my tank! Haha. Thank you OP, much appreciated!

rated:
Mine is also 200pts for 8 gallon purchase.

rated:
I've never PLENTI before, so I just looked. This is only $1-$2 savings

But I'm about to drive a 55-gallon vehicle on midwinter NYC School Break Feb.17-27, which will consume 400 gallons of regular - filling up between NY/NJ/PA and FL. What would be my best discount strategies to save 5-10%?

rated:
SinglePapa said:   I've never PLENTI before, so I just looked. This is only $1-$2 savings

But I'm about to drive a 55-gallon vehicle on midwinter NYC School Break Feb.17-27, which will consume 400 gallons of regular - filling up between NY/NJ/PA and FL. What would be my best discount strategies to save 5-10%?

This is a perspective deals. Many of us are sitting on large amounts of points from Rite Aid . The points roll, so you could get 5 gallons for $12.50 @ $2.50 gallon, pay with points and get back 105 points.

Also, if you have a smaller car $1 off 5 gallons is 20c a gallon savings which is about 7-8% for most. 

rated:
SinglePapa said:   I've never PLENTI before, so I just looked. This is only $1-$2 savings

Right now, I'd definitely max out on the 5% Discover Promo (if you have it) goes to 3/31, up to $1500 spend. Key is to find stations that don't charge a 10c per gallon credit card surcharge.

Also, route your trip such that you do the largest fillups in the cheapest areas. I've found the Fredricksburg, VA and many areas of South Carolina to have the cheapest prices along I-95.  you can pre-plan this by researching the prices ahead of time online in approximate fill up distances (ie, when you'd be at about 1/4-1/8th of a tank)

rated:

Best way I know is to use a rewards card that cycles bonus categories. The Chase Freedom card has 5% back on gas Jan - Mar. Too late for you unless you already have the card - then you just need to activate the bonus.

Check Sam's if you have a membership. Where I fuel up, gas is frequently $.10 - .20 cheaper there than anywhere else (but there is almost always a line).

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Right now, I'd definitely max out on the 5% Discover Promo (if you have it) goes to 3/31, up to $1500 spend. Key is to find stations that don't charge a 10c per gallon credit card surcharge.

Also, route your trip such that you do the largest fillups in the cheapest areas. I've found the Fredricksburg, VA and many areas of South Carolina to have the cheapest prices along I-95.  you can pre-plan this by researching the prices ahead of time online in approximate fill up distances (ie, when you'd be at about 1/4-1/8th of a tank)

Of course, MC, I know all truck stops well. I can't weer off much, cuz I carry dozens of people toward Disney resorts and back. So I fill-up mainly at VA and SC PilotFlyingJ on my side of the road. Alas, Pilot's loyalty is just 3c/gal...Best deals ever were BP $5 off $25 from AMEX a couple of years back, that was unlimited. AMEX later capped all gas brands to 1 or 2 rebates...Exxon/Mobil stations sold cards one Xmas with 10-20% bonus cards to follow in the mail. Speedway stations (also years ago) sold cards with 8% bonus. Since than, biggest I've seen were Shoprite, Stop'n'Shop, Publix...

But I am not aware of a single CURRENT opportunity (?)

rated:
SinglePapa said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Of course, MC, I know all truck stops well. I can't weer off much, cuz I carry dozens of people toward Disney resorts and back. So I fill-up mainly at VA and SC PilotFlyingJ on my side of the road. Alas, Pilot's loyalty is just 3c/gal...Best deals ever were BP $5 off $25 from AMEX a couple of years back, that was unlimited. AMEX later capped all gas brands to 1 or 2 rebates...Exxon/Mobil stations sold cards one Xmas with 10-20% bonus cards to follow in the mail. Speedway stations (also years ago) sold cards with 8% bonus. Since than, biggest I've seen were Shoprite, Stop'n'Shop, Publix...

But I am not aware of a single CURRENT opportunity (?)

Gas gift cards get posted on eBay on FW threads. usually $93 for a $100 card, think there was an Exxon deal posted the other day, not sure if that's still  live.

rated:
ExxonMobil sold out almost immediately, Sunoco still available. Unless it's changed, NJT stations are Sunoco which might be useful. I've had very good experience with SVMCards, I know some people complain about them when the deals come up but the worst I've had is slow delivery.

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1554965

=aw

rated:
I really appreciate. But in my case, I'm driving out tomorrow and don't have any time for on-line quests (I know, best results come from longest planning - but life is busy).

So driving straight I-95, I'm likely to pull to the right at VA Pilot, then right to SC Pilot; then more flexibility to "gasbuddy it" within FL. Exact same a week later. Priority:
1. Fill over 40gal every 5h or so, on the right side of I-95
2. Fill where I manage cheapest tank, but also maybe a nice all-u-can-eat for passengers

That's the routine every NYC school break! We do NY -> Disney in comfortable 20 hours, safe for stormy weather lol. Then maybe 24 hours - which people still prefer to being stuck at some airport

rated:
SinglePapa said:   I really appreciate. But in my case, I'm driving out tomorrow and don't have any time for on-line quests (I know, best results come from longest planning - but life is busy).

So driving straight I-95, I'm likely to pull to the right at VA Pilot, then right to SC Pilot; then more flexibility to "gasbuddy it" within FL. Exact same a week later. Priority:
1. Fill over 40gal every 5h or so, on the right side of I-95
2. Fill where I manage cheapest tank, but also maybe a nice all-u-can-eat for passengers

That's the routine every NYC school break! We do NY -> Disney in comfortable 20 hours, safe for stormy weather lol. Then maybe 24 hours - which people still prefer to being stuck at some airport

Safe travels Papa! Say hello to Pedro at South of the Border for us.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017