• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Best Buy has the Anova Precision Cooker on sale for $149.99 - $30.00 off using coupon code "SAVEONSMALLS" = $119.99 - $25 Off $100 using Visa Checkout = $94.99 with free shipping. This item has received 4.7/5 stars based on 110 Best Buy customer reviews.

• Works with any pot
  • Precision temperature controls from 77F to 210F with 0.01F variance
  • Connecting with the application
  • Sous vide cooking
  • Consistent temperature
  • Durable stainless steel materials
  • 800W power
  • Timer mode up to 99 hours

This item is currently selling on Amazon for $149.00 shipped and has received 4.5/5 stars based on 1,594 Amazon customer reviews.

This cooker is the #1 Best Seller in Amazon Launchpad Kitchen on Amazon.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Man, the prices on these are dropping like stones; I bought one as a gift a year and a half ago for well over $200 on sale.

rated:
Quality issues sound problematic.

rated:
This is the 1st Generation 800w model.

Newer model is 900w and gets good reviews.

rated:
New Model is $134.99 plus tax after all coupons and discounts...

rated:
I got one and haven't had any issues. Only used it 3 times though.

rated:
I have one and love it.....

I have experienced a strange sound before but it was easily fixed and my fault. Moving the device around roughly misaligned the spinning part that circulates the water so it became very loud in use. Opening the bottom part as is suggested for cleaning I could slightly readjust it to run quietly again.

While it does have some small quirks, I still highly recommend this product. I've been using mine for about a year.

rated:
About noon time I start the bath with my iPhone. I have perfectly cooked streak for dinner.Good deals.

rated:
pjhartman said:   This is the 1st Generation 800w model.

Newer model is 900w and gets good reviews.

There are no 1st/2nd generations...the 800w is bluetooth only, $149 MSRP. The 900w is the same, but has wifi and bluetooth. MSRP $199.

I have the wifi one and it's awesome.

rated:
4 questions:

- is it dual voltage?
- can it be used without a smartphone?
- what is the operational cost (bags, etc.)?
- how easy is it to find these bags?

rated:
ocean935 said:   4 questions:

- is it dual voltage?
- can it be used without a smartphone?
- what is the operational cost (bags, etc.)?
- how easy is it to find these bags

1. Unsure what you are asking. It's a normal 120v US plug
2. Yes. A phone is super neat (monitoring times/temps/finding recipes) but not necessary.
3&4: No special bags needed. Just put food in a ziploc bag, lower into water bath, let air out and seal. Cook. I use FoodSaver personally because I have a ton of bags for it, but any sandwich baggie works fine as long as it seals (no you won't die from the plastic, it's low heat).

rated:
Thanks for your quick response. Was considering it for my friend with 220V and practically no baggies.

rated:
Now $10 more. The coupon no longer works but it's $20 off instead. "Your order does not qualify for that promotional code. Please see the rules of the promotion for more information."

Still a great deal, in for 1. Thx, op!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017