• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Lowes just dropped their price in half on these retrofit can lighting downlights.   Normally $29.98 now $14.98 (2 pack)

Utilitech 2-Pack 65-Watt Equivalent White Dimmable LED Recessed Retrofit Downlights (Fits Housing Diameter: 5-in or 6-in)  

If you can get a Lowes $15 off $50 coupon you can get 6 for less than $6.00 ea   (use google search). 

Same thing for 4" cans  Utilitech 2-Pack 50-Watt Equivalent White Dimmable LED Recessed Retrofit Downlights (Fits Housing Diameter: 4-in) same price

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Costco had some FEIT dimmable retrofits for under $10 (I had gotten them for ~$5 a pair a while back but that was seriously YMMV) the new versions though seem pretty cheap. I'll have to stop back and check the price to confirm. Like $6.98 or something for the pair.

Also have FEIT dimmer switches for $15 a pair

rated:
cbn6129 said:   Costco had some FEIT dimmable retrofits for under $10 (I had gotten them for ~$5 a pair a while back but that was seriously YMMV) the new versions though seem pretty cheap. I'll have to stop back and check the price to confirm. Like $6.98 or something for the pair.

It looks like the quality of the switches are as bad as they get.  They are as inexpensive as they get though so might be worth it if you only dim down to 50%+. Thanks for the heads up on that.  The Lowes brand lights seem ok quality, not too cheap.  I have not seen the FIET ones but I thought they were a good brand at one point.  I think FIET's quality might have gone down quite a bit.  You can;t argue the price being as low as they probably get though.

rated:
Thanks OP!

rated:
cbn6129 said:   Costco had some FEIT dimmable retrofits for under $10 (I had gotten them for ~$5 a pair a while back but that was seriously YMMV) the new versions though seem pretty cheap. I'll have to stop back and check the price to confirm. Like $6.98 or something for the pair.

4 for $30 ($7.50 each) right now at Costco with free shipping: https://www.costco.com/.product.100155807.html?&EMID=B2C_2017_02...
I've been pretty happy with the ones I already have an plan to get more for my basement. Those are daylight which I strongly prefer.
It's essentially the same price as these.

rated:
hookumsnivy said:   

4 for $30 ($7.50 each) right now at Costco with free shipping: https://www.costco.com/.product.100155807.html?&EMID=B2C_2017_0216_FebruaryMVM
I've been pretty happy with the ones I already have an plan to get more for my basement. Those are daylight which I strongly prefer.
It's essentially the same price as these.

Might qualify for rebate, click on the big red banner on the landing page to see if your utility is present.  Rebates based on ship to zip code.  Final price for 4 at 75W equiv $19.99 + tx for Northern Poconos PA

rated:
Large saving, In for 2.

rated:
I bought the FEIT ones and have to say that I'm not happy with the springs that hold it in place. I cant seem to get the lights to sit flush.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017