Pomegranate Bonsai Tree (DT0609PG) - $25 w/ Free In-Store Pickup @ Walmart

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Amazon.com : Pomegranate Bonsai Tree : Patio, Lawn Garden
Disclaimer
WalMart has the Pomegranate Bonsai Tree (DT0609PG) on sale for $25.00 with free in-store pickup or $5 shipping to home. This item has received 3.7/5 stars based on 18 WalMart customer reviews.

• Blooms orange flowers from Spring to summer.
  • Dwarf pomegranate thrives outdoors
  • Savor and appreciate refined orange flowers
  • Buds and blooms develop from Spring through summer
  • Colorful fruit appears in August
  • A distinct, attractive hard-to-find bonsai variety
  • Live bonsai tree blooms June - August
  • Fruits in October
  • Thrives outdoors above 20 degrees with protection, see Bonsai Care

This tree is currently selling on Amazon for $51.44 with free shipping.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

jessicadabears said:   WalMart has the Pomegranate Bonsai Tree (DT0609PG) on sale for $25.00 with free in-store pickup or $5 shipping to home. This item has received 3.7/5 stars based on 18 WalMart customer reviews.

• Blooms orange flowers from Spring to summer.
  • Dwarf pomegranate thrives outdoors
  • Savor and appreciate refined orange flowers
  • Buds and blooms develop from Spring through summer
  • Colorful fruit appears in August
  • A distinct, attractive hard-to-find bonsai variety
  • Live bonsai tree blooms June - August
  • Fruits in October
  • Thrives outdoors above 20 degrees with protection, see Bonsai Care

This tree is currently selling on Amazon for $51.44 with free shipping.

how do you care for these?

Here is a site that has some information about how to care for them. BonsaiOutlet - Pomegranate Bonsai Tree

There's a PDF with care instructions on the product page:
https://smedia3.webcollage.net/ec14d00f77ac0c704c5243123a8a0893c...

Having raised a few bonsai trees of different types, I can tell you these can take some effort. Do NOT expect your tree to come with flowers! Also, the trunk may never get much thicker than when it comes. That can take a really long time. If you read the bonsai sites, they make it sound so simple, but if have trouble keeping normal houseplants alive, don't waste your time or money!

I had a bonsai tree from WalMart for work.  (Some "money tree" or similar type.)  It was meant to be dry so the soil was essentially non-absorbent and the pot had holes in the bottom.  Any attempt at watering just got the desk wet.  Unfortunately it eventually dried up and died because of no water!  WTF?!

cyfan said:   I had a bonsai tree from WalMart for work.  (Some "money tree" or similar type.)  It was meant to be dry so the soil was essentially non-absorbent and the pot had holes in the bottom.  Any attempt at watering just got the desk wet.  Unfortunately it eventually dried up and died because of no water!  WTF?!
  I think that is what these humidity trays are for.

Don't throw your money away. Most stores selling bonsai are selling already dead plants, gluing stones to the roots and with poor soil. That's likely why your water drained right through. Check out local bonsai clubs, they will give a great education, and likely get you started in the hobby for a fraction of what you would spend otherwise.

It has grown several new shoots, and is starting to look like a little bush. Very good tree.

$24.52
Was$39.60
Save$15.08
Out of stock

I wouldn't trust a bonsai (a) selling for $25, and (b) from Wally Mart.

fitzie2 said:   $24.52
Was$39.60
Save$15.08
Out of stock

clear calculation! thanks.

Bonsai Tree are good to take a photo but a pain in the butt to take care off. Just avoid.

Does Pomegranate from Bonsai Tree taste any good? What's the size of fruit?

Back in stock for $24.52,  link 
I've bought a bonsai tree from WalMart from a previous FW deal before and it came well packed in styrofoam peanuts.  The tree dropped some leaves the first few weeks but then started sprouting new growth and looks very healthy now.  I ordered this pomegranate tree yesterday with some other items to get the free shipping.  This one supposedly thrives outdoors so I'm going to see how well it does in our front porch in SoCal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017