This deal has expired. See Today's Best Deals

K&N Pro Series Automotive Oil Filter (Assorted) - From $2.99 @ AutoZone

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
AutoZone is offering $3.00 off K&N Pro Series Automotive Oil Filters with prices starting at $2.99 and free in-store pickup. Discount is applied in-cart.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › K&N
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

For Ford 4.6  PS-2010   $6.69 but it wont add to cart so I cannot find the sale price

Yeah, says have to order in store.  How does autozone even stay in business?

Autozone does not have the smartest workers, they have many old time hammer and screwdriver, mechanics.
I get their part number online and ask for it, they get dumbfounded.
One even said he did not know why their was no plug wires for my cars, (they do not use any) but he said call him in an hour and he will have an answer for me

Pretty low prices on these at Amazon already

BOGUS! None available for any of my 3 cars!

I also once ordered brakes pads for pick up at autozone, a young man had my order and was ringing it up, an older man handed his some kind of brake lube and told him to add it to the order...
They did not get away with it and I got an eMail apology from the district manager after I notified autozone what a worker had done.

These are inferior to the original white K&N filters.  
These are designed for quick lube places.
I would rather spend a couple more bucks and get a premium filter like the white K&N or the Mobil 1.
These are no better than your average Fram.

phutureprimative said:   These are inferior to the original white K&N filters.  
I would rather spend a couple more bucks and get a premium filter like the white K&N or the Mobil 1.

Is that why the autozone site said >not the one with the nut on the bottom or something like that?

yesid0n0itall said:   

Is that why the autozone site said >not the one with the nut on the bottom or something like that?

The one with the "nut" on top is the white one and the original superior product.
The white one is made in the USA while this black model is made in China and is designed to hit a price point, not to be the best. 
Some people could not begin to care less.  For "Me", there are better places to save a few dollars.

Thanks OP!

These are the "PRO" white ones. The photo at the top is stock photo.

phutureprimative said:   
yesid0n0itall said:   

The one with the "nut" on top is the white one and the original superior product.
The white one is made in the USA while this black model is made in China and is designed to hit a price point, not to be the best. 
Some people could not begin to care less.  For "Me", there are better places to save a few dollars.

Sir, this is just wrong. Even the white filters with the nut on top (their Premium Wrench-Off Performance Gold line of filters) are to a big degree produced in Korea since a couple of years. So do not just go by the color to determine an "original superior product". It's easy to find out: next to the nut the filters state their origin. Also, don't get fooled by their web page: all the photos of filters and boxes still show a prominent "Made in USA" but all those claims in writing have gradually disappeared.   

Edit: Even with the discount applied, those are still expensive compared to other sources. The $3 off brings the filter for my cat down to $11.99 while Amazon offers the same for around $9 (a little less when doing S&S). 

soeren said:   Edit: Even with the discount applied, those are still expensive compared to other sources. The $3 off brings the filter for my cat down to $11.99 while Amazon offers the same for around $9 (a little less when doing S&S). 
  I don't want to know how or why you are attaching a filter to your cat. 

homersaysdoh said:   
soeren said:   Edit: Even with the discount applied, those are still expensive compared to other sources. The $3 off brings the filter for my cat down to $11.99 while Amazon offers the same for around $9 (a little less when doing S&S). 

That's probably why his filter is expensive.  The ones for my car come out to $3.99. 

jbfromfl said:   These are the "PRO" white ones. The photo at the top is stock photo.
There is no such thing as a "Pro" white K&N filter.
The "Pro" line is black. 

http://www.knfilters.com/kn/pro_series_oil_filter.aspx 

http://www.knfilters.com/wrenchoff_oilfilter.htm 

homersaysdoh said:   

What is this? Are you telling me you let your cat go through life entirely unfiltered???! 

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017