• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Amazon Gift Card SaleAmazon has a sale celebrating their 86.27 score on the 2017 Harris Poll Corporate Reputation Rankings. So their giving everyone a $8.627 discount on $50 third party gift cards.The OfferToday only, get $8.62 off your purchase of $50 or more when you apply promo code BIGTHANKS at checkout. (Actually, we’ll round up from 8.627, so your discount will be $8.63.)
 

Key Terms

  • Offer expires at 11:59 p.m. (PT) 2/22/2017.
  • Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com.
  • Offer does not apply to digital content, video games, or Amazon Gift Cards.
  • Offer does not apply to orders placed through Alexa, Prime Now, Amazon Restaurants, or any mobile application other than the Amazon Shopping App.
  • Offer limited to one per customer and account.
  • Offer may not be combined with other offers.
  • Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
  • Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your order.
  • If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies.


HT: Miles to Memories

Moderator Comment: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here. — Feb. 22, 2017 @ 8:50am
Member Summary

amazon (19.12kB)
Thanks Kcarlsen21
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
It expired. It stopped working, at exactly 11:59 pm (PT) on Wednesday 2/22..

chibear (Feb. 23, 2017 @ 2:55a) |

Thanks OP. Got.

monicalacopi (Feb. 23, 2017 @ 4:09a) |

That's not the issue. I believe all physical and emailed GCs in their GC department are sold by Ama zon. Also, the code ... (more)

fivetalents (Feb. 23, 2017 @ 4:48a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Nice! Picked up one!

rated:
the link looks like it applies to any purchase over 50. Can anyone confirm?

rated:
llcooll said:   the link looks like it applies to any purchase over 50. Can anyone confirm?
  
Yes.  We need a direct link to the actual G.C. sale.

rated:
This is a duplicate of
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1556224
which also includes the offer link.

rated:
llcooll said:   the link looks like it applies to any purchase over 50. Can anyone confirm?
  yes any, just make sure the discount applies on your final payment screen prior to confirming the order.

rated:
If you want to pay using your GC balance, you must choose a physical GC delivered by postal mail (not email delivery). I just did that for a Whole Foods GC and chose no-rush shipping to get the $1 digital credit. No tax and free shipping.  

Thanks OP.  

rated:
success!

rated:
Used on Brinker gift card...Chili's

rated:
it is not 17% off. The title and content are misleading. It is only $8.62 off $50+ A/C. And the Coupon BIGTHANKS is usable on any thing but only once.

rated:
bburra said:   it is not 17% off. The title and content are misleading. It is only $8.62 off $50+ A/C. And the Coupon BIGTHANKS is usable on any thing but only once.
  
Oh for pete's sake. It is 17% off a $50 gift card, or $8.62. same thing. Maybe there's a sale on chill pills you can get with the BIGTHANKS coupon. 

rated:
17% off of $50 is the key. If I want to buy $500 GC it would only give $8.63 discount. There is a difference.    

rated:
bburra said:   17% off of $50 is the key. If I want to buy $500 GC it would only give $8.63 discount. There is a difference.    
  

You seem to be the only one upset, he clearly spells it out in the OP. so there's no issue.

rated:
Thanks. I got the Odd Squad the Movie DVD along with a $50 Kmart gift card. I have been wanting the Odd Squad DVD for a while now for my 4 year old son but since it only cost $7 I couldn't get free shipping (I don't have Amazon Prime). Throw in a $50 gift card and I got both shipped free and used my banked Amazon gift card balance to pay. Thanks OP. Too bad you can only use the BIGTHANKS coupon code once.

rated:
Can I buy an AMZ GC with my AMZ gift balance with this offer???

rated:
Try it and let us know.

rated:
mmyk72 said:   Can I buy an AMZ GC with my AMZ gift balance with this offer???
  Doesn't look like it should work.

"Offer does not apply to digital content, video games, or Amazon Gift Cards. "

rated:
fivetalents said:   If you want to pay using your GC balance, you must choose a physical GC delivered by postal mail (not email delivery). I just did that for a Whole Foods GC and chose no-rush shipping to get the $1 digital credit. No tax and free shipping.  

Thanks OP.  

  Is is expired? I no longer see free shipping and can't apply Amazon GC balance to purchase

rated:
Big Thanks OP.

rated:
Worked on a $50 netflix GC...immediately applied to account. easy peasy.  

rated:
hjdut said:   
fivetalents said:   If you want to pay using your GC balance, you must choose a physical GC delivered by postal mail (not email delivery). I just did that for a Whole Foods GC and chose no-rush shipping to get the $1 digital credit. No tax and free shipping.  

Thanks OP.  

  Is is expired? I no longer see free shipping and can't apply Amazon GC balance to purchase

  It should work if the merchant on the GC is not Ama zon (e.g., see list in OP), you actually have a GC balance large enough to cover the $41.37, you've selected a GC amount of at least $50, and it is a physical GC that is mailed to you in an envelope. The code is also still working. 

You can filter to see only physical GCs by looking at the menu on the left for "Gift Card Delivery Type" -> "Mail."

I can't test the code again because I already used it, but I just tried with a $50 Starb ucks GC and I'm seeing free shipping, no tax, and the $1 slow shipping digital credit option.

I have Prime, but non-Prime gets free shipping too because qualification is based on pre-tax total (and they recently lowered minimum shipping total from $49 to $35)... just make sure you switch from the default standard shipping to free shipping under the shipping options. 

If none of this works for you, you need to provide specific details about what you're trying to order and how.

rated:
I just purchased one, coupon code worked, also free shipping, I'm not a prime member anymore

rated:
fivetalents said:   
hjdut said:   
fivetalents said:   If you want to pay using your GC balance, you must choose a physical GC delivered by postal mail (not email delivery). I just did that for a Whole Foods GC and chose no-rush shipping to get the $1 digital credit. No tax and free shipping.  

Thanks OP.  

  Is is expired? I no longer see free shipping and can't apply Amazon GC balance to purchase

  It should work if the merchant on the GC is not Ama zon (e.g., see list in OP), you actually have a GC balance large enough to cover the $41.37, you've selected a GC amount of at least $50, and it is a physical GC that is mailed to you in an envelope. The code is also still working. 

You can filter to see only physical GCs by looking at the menu on the left for "Gift Card Delivery Type" -> "Mail."

I can't test the code again because I already used it, but I just tried with a $50 Starb ucks GC and I'm seeing free shipping, no tax, and the $1 slow shipping digital credit option.

I have Prime, but non-Prime gets free shipping too because qualification is based on pre-tax total (and they recently lowered minimum shipping total from $49 to $35)... just make sure you switch from the default standard shipping to free shipping under the shipping options. 

If none of this works for you, you need to provide specific details about what you're trying to order and how.

  
Thanks for help, it works again now, at least for Staples

rated:
they don't sell fleebay gift cards

rated:
I'm a little surprised Amazon lets you use a gift card (banked Amazon credit to be exact) to buy a gift card. Glad they do though.

rated:
Thank, got 2-$25 Outback cards. (17% off, plus 5% Amazon CC cashback)

rated:
You can get another $5 off by reloading your Amz gift card balance with $100 and using that to buy a physical $50 GC.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   You can get another $5 off by reloading your Amz gift card balance with $100 and using that to buy a physical $50 GC.
 Only of you've been targeted (IIRC) and never used the offer before.

rated:
fivetalents said:   If you want to pay using your GC balance, you must choose a physical GC delivered by postal mail (not email delivery). I just did that for a Whole Foods GC and chose no-rush shipping to get the $1 digital credit. No tax and free shipping.  

Thanks OP.  

I just bought a Netflix GC (email delivery) using my Amazon GC balance and it went thorough.

rated:
Got Staples GC $50 for $41.37. Paid using my Amazon Gift Card balance.

rated:
Kenpet22 said:   Got Staples GC $50 for $41.37. Paid using my Amazon Gift Card balance.
 Physical GC or emailed? I wasn't able to use my GC balance to purchase a Wholefoods eGC but marcopolomle was able to buy a Netflix eGC with his GC balance. Maybe more data points would help fugure out which eGCs qualify/are excluded.

rated:
How many Amazon accounts can one safely have?

rated:
Bought a PETsMART $50 gc- wasn't on OP list and didn't show when I clicked on "brands" to search. Just did a regular search and applied the code, worked.

rated:
Dead? Getting the following when trying to get a $50 starbucks GC. Ship and sold by ACI Gift Cards Inc., an Amazon company is the only option.

The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
fivetalents said:   If you want to pay using your GC balance, you must choose a physical GC delivered by postal mail (not email delivery). I just did that for a Whole Foods GC and chose no-rush shipping to get the $1 digital credit. No tax and free shipping.  

Thanks OP.  

I just bought a Netflix GC (email delivery) using my Amazon GC balance and it went thorough.

  Didn't work for me:

​e-Gift Cards,
Ship and sold by ACI Gift Cards Inc., an Amazon company, after I apply the promo I see "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase "

​The Netflix, Airbnb, and Starbucks physical cards, all listed as sold by Amazon , after I apply the promo I see "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase " 

​I'm chatting right now with a CSR who basically doesn't understand the term Customer Service, and doesn't understand the T and C for this promo, but even the "Supervisor" who was added to the chat wrote that "gift cards" are not included even though the terms say "Amazon gift cards" are not included.

​What a waste of my time

rated:
  Didn't work for me:

​e-Gift Cards,
Ship and sold by ACI Gift Cards Inc., an Amazon company, after I apply the promo I see "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase "

​The Netflix, Airbnb, and Starbucks physical cards, all listed as sold by Amazon , after I apply the promo I see "The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase " 

​I'm chatting right now with a CSR who basically doesn't understand the term Customer Service, and doesn't understand the T and C for this promo, but even the "Supervisor" who was added to the chat wrote that "gift cards" are not included even though the terms say "Amazon gift cards" are not included.

​What a waste of my time
 

rated:
fivetalents said:   
Kenpet22 said:   Got Staples GC $50 for $41.37. Paid using my Amazon Gift Card balance.
 Physical GC or emailed? I wasn't able to use my GC balance to purchase a Wholefoods eGC but marcopolomle was able to buy a Netflix eGC with his GC balance. Maybe more data points would help fugure out which eGCs qualify/are excluded.

  Physical. 

rated:
Bought a Lowe's egift card, $50 value, for $41.63 using the code.

rated:
Thanks, got a $50 Forever 21 Gift Card.

Skipping 15 Messages...
rated:
umj said:   
marcopolomle said:   
fivetalents said:   If you want to pay using your GC balance, you must choose a physical GC delivered by postal mail (not email delivery). I just did that for a Whole Foods GC and chose no-rush shipping to get the $1 digital credit. No tax and free shipping.  

Thanks OP.  

I just bought a Netflix GC (email delivery) using my Amazon GC balance and it went thorough.

  Same here. Bought Netflix e-gift card and it worked fine, even though it said: " Sold and delivered by ACI Gift Cards, Inc., an Amazon company.". Redeemed at Netflix site and it will be applied to future bills. 

That's not the issue. I believe all physical and emailed GCs in their GC department are sold by Ama zon. Also, the code only works on items shipped and sold by Ama zon. The question is which emailed eGCs allow you to pay with your account GC balance  (and maybe figuring why).

ETA: most retailers prevent you from using their GCs to buy other GCs. If there are exceptions on Ama zon, I think it would be very useful info for several reasons. 

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017