Exclusive! Dell Refurbished: 50% Off Any Dell Latitude E6430 Laptop AC + FS

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Dell Refurbished Dell Latitude E6430 - Laptops
Disclaimer
Save 50% on any Dell Latitude E6430 Laptop with our FatWallet exclusive coupon code "FATWALLET6430" . They start at $169 after coupon, and shipping is free

For instance, this Dell Latitude E6430 14" Anti-Glare Laptop w/ Intel Core i3, 4GB RAM, 128GB HDD & Win 7 Pro was originally $439.00, on sale for $339.00 drops down to $169.50 after using our exclusive coupon code!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Beware when buying from dellrefurbished.com. For example: They absolutely know what type of hard-drive is in the each unit when they post them since they have all gone through a refurbishing process. But refuse to state if the hard drive is solid state or not. You might even think that you can figure it out (like I did) by looking at the options which were available for that model. In my case, the drives over 256GB were HD but they offered SSD with 25GB or less. I bought one with 250GB drive. When it arrived it was a HD. When I went to Dell.com and entered the service code, is showed that the unit originally had a 500GB HD.

When I called dellrefurbished.com "customer support", I started to say "I just got my unit..." but before I could finish my sentence she says that we don't guarantee what is in them. I am like really? So this happens that frequently. Plus, you will pay to return it if you don't like it and 15% for restocking.

I bought a Dell Latitude E6430U a while back when they ran the 50% off coupon. It is exactly the same as the model available now except mine has a Nvidia 5200M 1gb graphic card in it and a DVDRW. I assume this would give you an open drive bay to fill at your leisure. It was priced at $464 instead of $444 like the 4 available on there now. With the coupon these are $222 while mine was $232. Mine was Grade B cosmetic. It is in perfect shape but it does have a FEDEX corporate lease sticker on the bottom.

https://www.dellrefurbished.com/laptops?filter_memory=81&filter_model=399%2C400%2C503&

I gambled that the 256gb would be SSD since its total capacity was base2. Back then if the capacity was base2(128 or 256) on a Dell, it was almost always SSD. It doesnt say it anywhere in description, but mine came with a 256gb Samsung ssd. It comes with 224gb "free", and about 191gb "available" with windows installed. Be careful, if you see a model with a 250gb HD it is most likely NOT SSD. A model with 130gb is probably not SSD, but one with 128gb most likely is. Look for computers that have capacities of 128/256/512 to increase the chance the drive is SSD. A Samsung 256gb SSD is $94 new on Amazon.  Looking at it that way, and allowing that your reconditioned Dell ssd is more likely to fail than a new one, you are only paying about $130 for the rest of the laptop.

I think these came out in like 2012. The HD 1600x900 screen was a $100 upgrade. The i7 was a huge upgrade from the base i3. The SSD was a huge upgrade, maybe $300. The Nvidia card was like $100 upgrade. In the configuration linked above it was over $1500.

Another thing about this model is that it is built like a tank. It is not slim, it is not light. The power cord brick is enormous. But it is durable and can survive reasonable falls and mishaps other laptop could not. I cant speak for the non nvidia version but I cranked up HL2 to get the gamepad working and it ran it at Hi res 1600x900 no problem. If you want to run dual monitors or need multiple types of video outputs you need to get the dock, but they are like $20 shipped on eBay.  The docks are also massive and bulky, but functionally they are great.

I travel to/from europe a lot so this thing is perfect. Its fast enough to entertain me on the plane although I am guessing that there are now i5 processors that may be faster than this older i7. I can throw it around between security checkpoints, overheads, under seats, into luggage and it always survives. Since the models available right now dont have the Nvidia card, I am not sure this is going to be the right laptop for an avid, high frame rate gamer. Even with the nvidia card it is not that laptop, but it can certainly play games that aren't strenuous on a video card.

If you are or know someone who travels, or a student who can be rough on things, and they dont mind the extra 3-4 lbs of armor on it compared to a sleek thin laptop, these are a good value for $222. However I believe this coupon is good for a few days and Dell is always restocking these computers. If you can get one with the Nvidia card and dvdrw for $10 it would definitely be worth $10, but buying and sticking a $50 blu-ray drive in the open drive bay would probably be a better long term solution. I'd also check eBay and see if anyone is selling a hardly used, privately owned one which may be in better shape than these corporate models.

Note: I just want to be clear that I am not promising or guaranteeing that every Dell E6430U with a drive listed at 256 is an SSD. I am just giving an opinion based on my experience and hopefully some fairly decent logic. You may get screwed like Fatwallerbot38, but hopefully this lessens the chance.

I second.  I have order this last year, an i7 model, SSD and 8gb ram.  Love it.  Its fast and built really really well.  I use macs mostly, but for client work, I need a PC and this 6430u are one of the best PCs I've use for productivity (next to the pre-Lenovo 's, IBM Thinkpads).  

I missed ordering this morning (there was a grade A, i7) for my wife as she needs one, so settled for a i5 with 4gb (I can upgrade the ram to 8gb as its a single 4gb stick).  Should be sufficient for her use, and cheaper than buying a ipad.  

Thanks OP.

Why bother with refurbs when new laptop costs about the same?

fatxman said:   Why bother with refurbs when new laptop costs about the same?

Because this is an enterprise grade PC with a true docking station.  (VERY cheap on eBay or elsewhere)  If you want to use/have to use W7 you won't have the issues with this one that you will on a new one.  Last contract I had a LOT of issues with a newer Dell and USB3 drivers, never did get Bluetooth to work for SkypeBusiness and had to "dial out" to my cell to use it.  At least I could just ignore the error every time for the "touchpad" -- which was actually the touch sensitive display.

The laptop was certified for W8, which I upgraded and set up for dual boot W7/W10.  

What condition have the batteries been in for refurbish you've seen, or is that something to budget for?

fatxman said:   Why bother with refurbs when new laptop costs about the same?

For me, its hard to get a ultraportable (such as 6430s, that is 3.7lbs) for less than $300 new.  In Staples this week, there's a Dell i5 deal for $400, which is double what I spent on refurb, and is heavier 4.1-5 pounds.

As for being a older i5, I don't think the performance difference between refurb's Dell i5-3437U and Staples Dell i5-6200u was that great for everyday use to warrant too much research.

The only negative I have on this refurb is that all the 8gb ram ones sold out, but then again, adding a 4gb stick of ram isn't too difficult (I made sure to get the laptop version that had 1 stick of 4gb ram instead of 2x2gb).
RedWolfe01 said:   

Because this is an enterprise grade PC with a true docking station.  (VERY cheap on eBay or elsewhere)  If you want to use/have to use W7 you won't have the issues with this one that you will on a new one.  

Just keep in mind the 6430u, the ultraportable, does not have a docking port.  Instead it uses the Dell wireless dock which itself only works with a certain chipset in the laptop.  I tried the wireless version, but I forgot why it didn't work... something to do with either the bluetooth or ethernet/wifi module.  
mpd671 said:   What condition have the batteries been in for refurbish you've seen, or is that something to budget for?

I got the "B" grade last year, and in my experience, its been pretty good.  I haven't tested it, but it last long enough without me getting annoyed plugging it in.

mpd671 said:   What condition have the batteries been in for refurbish you've seen, or is that something to budget for?
  I think these came with a 6 cell standard and a 9 cell option.  Which you get might be a complete crap shoot because i see nothing in the specs to tip someone off.

So I did a little research on the hard drives that originally came on Dell 6430.  This is what I found:
128gb - SSD (most likely Samsung )
160gb - SSD by Intel
250gb - HDD likely Seagate
256gb - SSD likely Samsung 
320gb - 7200rpm HDD likely Seagate
500gb - 7200rpm HDD likely Seagate

Docking Stations for E6430u - Search eBay for:

Dell Superspeed USB D3000 Dock
or
Dell D5000 Wireless Dock

Hope this helps.

Working but noticeably weak on the units that I purchased.
Budget for replacements

fatwalletbot38 said:   Beware when buying from dellrefurbished.com. For example: They absolutely know what type of hard-drive is in the each unit when they post them since they have all gone through a refurbishing process. But refuse to state if the hard drive is solid state or not. You might even think that you can figure it out (like I did) by looking at the options which were available for that model. In my case, the drives over 256GB were HD but they offered SSD with 25GB or less. I bought one with 250GB drive. When it arrived it was a HD. When I went to Dell. com and entered the service code, is showed that the unit originally had a 500GB HD.

When I called dellrefurbished.com "customer support", I started to say "I just got my unit..." but before I could finish my sentence she says that we don't guarantee what is in them. I am like really? So this happens that frequently. Plus, you will pay to return it if you don't like it and 15% for restocking.

so let me get this straight - you bought a laptop that had a 250GB drive AS STATED but made NO MENTION of it actually being a SSD and you're complaining that you actually got what you ordered?  who cares what the service tag says - they are refurbished - what does that have to do with anything?

I have purchased 2 of these laptops so far and both of them had serious defects, while having great cosmetic look. One of them had non-working speakers, while the other had non-working hdmi port. I did not bother to return the first one, while the defect of the second one was discovered too late - after the 3 months warranty had expired. Needless to say, I will never buy Dell refurbished again.

Most all of what are left are the 32 bit Win 7 Pro, aren't these limited to 4 GB of RAM?  

just got mine.  works fine, no cracks.  but the surface (where circle DeII logo shows), is fully covered with a skin(brushed metal finish).  I have a feeling the surface was scratched up so they put a skin on it instead of replacing it.  Anyone else had this and if so, is the skin easy to remove without leaving residue?

Cometsky said:   Most all of what are left are the 32 bit Win 7 Pro, aren't these limited to 4 GB of RAM?  
  The 32 bit OS was basically limited to less than 4 GB- including the video and other items you typically get somewhere around 3 GB to 3.2 GB of available memory reported for the OS.

appears to be dead now

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017