Kindle Paperwhite on Ebay

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Guys,
 it might be too good to be true, but I haven't found any catch.
Got one for myself then.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Kindle-Paperwhite-6-300-PPI-4GB-T...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Price should be in the title

likely a hacked account, number of low price items and any other selling activity over a year ago. shouldn't be much risk though except having your money held up for awhile.

I cannot see how anyone can sell a NEW Paperwhite at $10 and free shipping. Geez, it's not even an older model, it's the 2017 model. It's a scam of some sort. I'd love to get in on something like this (I'm a heavy reader, I'm broke, and also, I broke my Kindle Touch), but I can't imagine this is for real and not a scam.

Note that the "Item specifics" don't match a Kindle but indicate an iRulu.

and the images are lifted from another ebayer who watermarked their image. lazy hacking.

I grabbed 6, will be great birthday/xmas gifts. The title says "Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 6" 300 PPI 4GB Touchscreen Wi-Fi 2017 Edition" and the pictures show the proper reader. If anything else arrives it gets returned. I fully expect the order to be cancelled

Clearly a hacked account.

This "seller" has a bunch of new listings, including an iRulu 10.1" and a WD 1TB Passport Ultra for ~$16. I'll skip chancing any order.

silversalty said:   This "seller" has a bunch of new listings, including an iRulu 10.1" and a WD 1TB Passport Ultra for ~$16. I'll skip chancing any order.
  who cares. item got removed anyway.

I previously reported all of the seller items as fraud.

donrull said:   I previously reported all of the seller items as fraud.
  damn u. it must be u who alerted eBay. who knows somebody may be too dumb to ship them out. 

now i have to contact paypal/eBay to request a refund.

Well, whoever did it, eBay canceled that auction. I was kind of hoping it might be some type of liquidation or after-promotion items.
As for PayPal, I too canceled my payment -- even though I think eBay does it automatically.

yakov72 said:   Well, whoever did it, eBay canceled that auction. I was kind of hoping it might be some type of liquidation or after-promotion items.
As for PayPal, I too canceled my payment -- even though I think eBay does it automatically.

got an email from eBay asking to ask for a refund. but their PM sent me this:
eBay said: We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Center to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

Look guys, I am not one to call and ruin a deal. I have been an active member for many years and know all the rules. Toog ood to be true, pull the trigger, get express shipping and hope for the best (usually with a national retailer). But, this was obviously someone trying to steal money with no intention of shipping anything. Every single auction was at an unbelieveable price and they had lots of each of these items to sell. We would have never receievd anything and people would have been defrauded, or at least inconvenienced if they were naive enough to purchase in good faith. You can red me all you want, but this clearly was never a deal anyone was going to get and I'm not cool with someone's PayPal and eBay being locked for months because someone hacked their account and then sold items that would never ship. Sorry...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017