DiscountMags 48-Hr. Sale: All magazines in sale $4.80/Yr. (features about 75 best selling titles)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
DiscountMags is offering Select 1-Yr. Magazine Subscriptions for $4.80 this weekend only. The sale features more than 75 of their best selling titles! Categories Include: Lifestyle & Fashion, Health & Fitness, Home, Cooking, Family, News & Local, Auto, Sports, Entertainment, Travel, Business, Photography.

Member Summary

DiscountMags
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Please correct your title. It is not "ALL". it is 75 select titles.
Just checked one example- large print readers digest is $30 a year (regular print is $15).

I posted this on another forum but will repost here:

I had a very bad experience with Discount Mags and would advise to stay away from them.
TLDR summary: Waited 3.5 months for magazine to start after order was placed; Discount Mags finger points to publisher but unable/unwilling to escalate.

I ordered New York Magazine through Discount Mags on November 6, 2016.

At the end of January (almost 3 months since the order was placed) my sub had not yet started, so I contacted Discount Mags, who said they would submit a status request to the publisher. They said this request could take 10 business days (!) to get a response.

After the 10 days had gone by without a request, I pinged them again and asked them to escalate, which they refused to do; they only offered me the choice to wait a few more days or they could issue a refund.

I decided to wait a few more days, and only this week did the publisher show that the order was placed, with an order date of 2/16/17! That's almost 3.5 months from when my order was originally placed with Discount Mags. Throughout it all, Discount Mags seemed unable or unwilling to escalate.

I have a suspicion (no proof, just speculation) that they intentionally sit on orders until they have enough orders to place in bulk with the publishers to receive a discount. If they don't have enough to get a discount, then you will wait weeks or months for your subscription to begin.

larryc said:   I posted this on another forum but will repost here:

I had a very bad experience with Discount Mags and would advise to stay away from them.
TLDR summary: Waited 3.5 months for magazine to start after order was placed; Discount Mags finger points to publisher but unable/unwilling to escalate.

I ordered New York Magazine through Discount Mags on November 6, 2016.

At the end of January (almost 3 months since the order was placed) my sub had not yet started, so I contacted Discount Mags, who said they would submit a status request to the publisher. They said this request could take 10 business days (!) to get a response.

After the 10 days had gone by without a request, I pinged them again and asked them to escalate, which they refused to do; they only offered me the choice to wait a few more days or they could issue a refund.

I decided to wait a few more days, and only this week did the publisher show that the order was placed, with an order date of 2/16/17! That's almost 3.5 months from when my order was originally placed with Discount Mags. Throughout it all, Discount Mags seemed unable or unwilling to escalate.

I have a suspicion (no proof, just speculation) that they intentionally sit on orders until they have enough orders to place in bulk with the publishers to receive a discount. If they don't have enough to get a discount, then you will wait weeks or months for your subscription to begin.

Isn't your experience with DiscountMag better than the "good old days" of dealing with snail-mail re-sellers such as Publishers Clearing House or have you become accustomed to the internet and forgotten how it used to be?   

kshell said:   
Isn't your experience with DiscountMag better than the "good old days" of dealing with snail-mail re-sellers such as Publishers Clearing House or have you become accustomed to the internet and forgotten how it used to be?   

Hope you're joking (or maybe you're just trolling). Why should I care how things "used to be?" It's 2017: If I had subscribed online directly with the publisher, I would have started receiving the magazine in a matter of weeks (it's a weekly that I subscribed to).
And as I noted with my story, it wasn't just the time but also that DiscountMags kept pointing fingers at the publisher but was unable/unwilling to escalate, which is why I didn't trust their story.

I've had similar experiences with Discount Mags so now I screen shot everything and note all subs on a calendar. I've had back to back subscriptions to a mag, for instance and they will blatantly email me that 'my sub to that particular mag is about to expire and I need to pay for another renewal' when there is already a renewal behind that one paid for then there will be months in between the subscription when I wont receive any issues.  I guess that's the price we pay for the discount.

schoolsgirl said:   I've had similar experiences with Discount Mags so now I screen shot everything and note all subs on a calendar. I've had back to back subscriptions to a mag, for instance and they will blatantly email me that 'my sub to that particular mag is about to expire and I need to pay for another renewal' when there is already a renewal behind that one paid for then there will be months in between the subscription when I wont receive any issues.  I guess that's the price we pay for the discount.  
That's a good idea! Hahaha.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017