Staples 8.02 MM on 2 cases of paper AC AR

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Staples paper cases are 55.99 there's the $5 coupon to make it 9.99 after rebate. Buy 2 cases in one transaction, the second case will have the buy one get one half off discount of $28. Use the coupon on each case YMMV. Each case has $41 rebate. Rebate limit is 4, so it can be done twice. 

Member Summary

Coupon
Thanks blueribb
Disclaimer

2 cases of paper
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
so, dead then? Errors are the kinda thing you just have to jump on right away.

Danzilla (Feb. 28, 2017 @ 2:22p) |

we used our rewards to pay. no sales tax.

microkelvin (Feb. 28, 2017 @ 3:45p) |

ah &(*^@#^! I also forgot this was the last day of the month... was planning on recycling my ink cartridges still for Fe... (more)

Danzilla (Feb. 28, 2017 @ 11:28p) |

Coupon
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Where are you seeing BOGO? Also every time they have run the BOGO in the past it specifically excludes the skus of paper already on sale.

Was the "buy one get one half off" advertised somewhere? If so, I'm missing it.

I didn't see it advertised anywhere. And I only saw this on my receipt when I went to buy 4 cases, I told her to only ring up two instead

would not also work on 4 cases in one transaction if "buy one get 2nd one half" applies?

I planned to buy some on Wednesday anyway (so I can turn in empty ink carts for March at the same time), so hope my local store has that same offer! They have no problem entering coupons multiple times.

never mind. i am wrong

LuckyMe888 said:   would not also work on 4 cases in one transaction if "buy one get 2nd one half" applies?

I don't know why, but first she rang up 4 cases and it only took off $28 for one case.

Saphira2021 said:   the rebate will not be $41 as there is a new language that says you can't get back more than you paid for it.
  And would you happen to have a link for where this "new language" is spoken to verify your claim?

Noahbody123 said:   
Saphira2021 said:   ..........
  And would you happen to have a link for where this "new language" is spoken to verify your claim?

sorry, i am wrong

Nutwood said:   Staples paper cases are 55.99 there's the $5 coupon to make it 9.99 after rebate. Buy 2 cases in one transaction, the second case will have the buy one get one half off discount of $28. Use the coupon on each case YMMV. Each case has $41 rebate. Rebate limit is 4, so it can be done twice. 

Are you referring to the "Buy 2, Get 3rd Free on All Regular Priced Case Paper" offer they had last week perhaps?

OP, sorry for the strange question, but could you post a blackedout version of your receipt so that people may understand what's going on, please? Thank you. (I'm wondering if its a system glitch/quirk for today only or what)

The deal worked for me (the SKU is 513096) exactly as described (I purchased 2 cases) -- just in time for cashing out the last month's rewards. Thank you.
The 50% off the second case is not advertised, but when cashier scanned it it was half the price indeed.

OP, thanks for the clarification and sharing, seems the promotion is limited one per transaction.

I'm confused... You applied 74488 twice, and then in addition to taking $10 off, you got an additional $28 off automagically (even though half off would now be less than $28?) And then rinse and repeat, and do it a second time?

dmitryt said:   The deal worked for me (the SKU is 513096) exactly as described (I purchased 2 cases) -- just in time for cashing out the last month's rewards. Thank you.
The 50% off the second case is not advertised, but when cashier scanned it it was half the price indeed.

Sounds to me what is being said is this happens automatically: when the second case is scanned, it is half price. Then you can apply the "get for $9.99 coupon" on each case to get the deal.

confirmed deal is still working this morning

scan 2 case paper
the second will be half off
scan coupon code twice
leave happy

Noahbody123 said:   
Saphira2021 said:   the rebate will not be $41 as there is a new language that says you can't get back more than you paid for it.

The rebate for online purchase does have the new language something like, "rebate only valid for product payment of more than $46.99."  This is the first time i saw this language so i actually pulled those old case paper rebate to compare and looks like the new language started a month or so ago, only on the 10 realm cases.

niniss said:   
Noahbody123 said:   

The rebate for online purchase does have the new language something like, "rebate only valid for product payment of more than $46.99."  This is the first time i saw this language so i actually pulled those old case paper rebate to compare and looks like the new language started a month or so ago, only on the 10 realm cases.

Yeah, saw this too and double checked on the in-store one just in case...The wording is very new to me.  (This was the only paper rebate that I saw this week with the language)  Also, if the online price could get to 46.99, then after a $41 rebate, that makes it a 5.99ACR for a case of paper online?

btw, as of this morning, the Buy 1 get half off the 2nd is still in effect.

VivYip said:   
niniss said:   

Yeah, saw this too and double checked on the in-store one just in case...The wording is very new to me.  (This was the only paper rebate that I saw this week with the language)  Also, if the online price could get to 46.99, then after a $41 rebate, that makes it a 5.99ACR for a case of paper online?

I think they put this language in to discourage people to use the $10/50 coupon.  I know those coupons don't work online on the product that has rebate on it, but a few months ago a chat agent was nice enough to manually applied a $10 coupon for me.  It would invalidate my rebate if this was done today.    

Is the BOGO still working today?

Still working. Got 4; 2 per transaction. Thanks OP. Still working as of 1.45pm EDT.

Kenpet22 said:   Still working. Got 4; 2 per transaction. Thanks OP. Still working as of 1.45pm EDT.
  Staples is now not reporting the remaining balance on the prepaid visa card (Staples rebate visa card in my case)? Why are they making things worse?

Hello, little help here, where can I get the $5. coupon and can I use ink rewards and get full rebate value. Thanks

fishing32 said:   Hello, little help here, where can I get the $5. coupon and can I use ink rewards and get full rebate value. Thanks
Staples.com > Shop Deals > Coupons
yes

Could this be a problem if paying with rewards? 

Still alive as of 1:45 pm west coast time.

Thanks my4mainecoons, you are the best

Retlaw1 said:   Could this be a problem if paying with rewards? 
Did you read the post just before yours?  No it is not a problem paying for the paper nor for getting the rebate if you pay with Rewards.
Its why most people here are doing the deal-- to cash out their Rewards checks.  
Very few if any actually need paper. 

Just got 4 boxes. BOGO Half still on. Had to do two transactions. Both times use $5 coupon twice. For Two boxes my total was $78.42 with Michigan tax. Will get $82 rebate.

Decided not to wait until Wednesday like I planned in case they figure out what's happening. Did the deal at around 2:30 PT. Same as above, two cases two times. Another customer was looking at the paper, and I told him about it. He also bought two.

Thanks again OP.

Worked for me, around 3 PM Pacific.

Not seeing the $5 coupon on the coupon page. Does anyone have the coupon code?

74488 expires 3-18

You see it, you just don't know it.  It doesn't say its a $5 coupon.  Its the value of the coupon that makes the case $9.99 AR.

So with the new coupon language is this a mm or even break even or is this as yet to be determined.

The Coupon
Disclaimer

The www image
Disclaimer
my4mainecoons said:   You see it, you just don't know it.  It doesn't say its a $5 coupon.  Its the value of the coupon that makes the case $9.99 AR.
Yup.  In store display is for $14.99 AR.
It becomes $9.99 AR with the coupon if you ignore the BOGO discount.
$2 MM with the coupon and BOGO deal.
Deal is still working in the store as of this post.

Kenpet22 said:   
Kenpet22 said:   Still working. Got 4; 2 per transaction. Thanks OP. Still working as of 1.45pm EDT.
  Staples is now not reporting the remaining balance on the prepaid visa card (Staples rebate visa card in my case)? Why are they making things worse?

Check balance here,  http://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/rebatecard

Disclaimer
Still working right before closing at 9pm on the east coast. Only bought 2 as I only had $50 reward and the rebate language makes this somewhat YMMV.

Also, I think what happened is the BOGO 50% is meant for SKU #135848 but someone screwed up and the discount ended up applying to SKU #513096.

Skipping 10 Messages...
ah &(*^@#^! I also forgot this was the last day of the month... was planning on recycling my ink cartridges still for Feb but guess I missed the chance.  First time I've missed a month in a couple years.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017