• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Newegg has the Vantrue N1 Full HD 1080P Dashboard Camera on sale for $52.99.

• Built on Novatek NT96650 processor
  • AR0330 color CMOS sensor,
  • captures 1920x1080P Full HD video and outstanding night vision,
  • HDR greatly enhancing the image quality.
  • G-sensor
  • GPS Function

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I've had this for about 10 months now. It has been fairly descent and the size is great but some caveats;

#1 As sharp as it is.. unless the license plate is infront of your car, don't expect to be able to read it.
#2 Its great to be able to see things in night color wise, but all sharpness goes out the door. In fact my recent night clips have been quite blurry, not sure if things are getting worse with age but the daytime images still seem fine.
#3 battery life is absurdly short when you first get it.. like 1-2 minutes tops and it takes forever to charge that back while it is on. After about a year of use it still powers itself for the 30 shut off timer with the screen off, but if the screen is on it will cut itself short. I have not experienced bad files yet from it doing this.. however...
#4 if you run the battery down and don't charge it quickly enough it will lose the clock. The logic inside will NOT delete files LATER than the current clock setting so when the device powers back up with its clock from 1995 or what ever, it will not overwrite the files on the sd card and will keep looping a file in the small pocket of free space on the sd card at the time.
#5 the usb connector on the camera is micro, but the suction base mount is mini-usb, wtf? In my new car I only have usb ports, so I had to replace the power cable. Accidentally got the wrong usb type because I was looking at the camera.
#6 if your dash is not black, be prepared for lots of glare leading to a washed out picture in the daytime.

I'm in fl and even though the aluminum case/heatsink can get too hot to touch, it never displayed crashing/reboot issues. Still the battery just makes this camera something destined to fail within a couple years. My next camera will definitely be capacitor based.

Also there seems to be some misleading information, the camera does not have any GPS what so ever. It support date/time as well as a user configurable "name" that can be recorded to the video image. 

rated:
Why is so cheap for this camera?

rated:
Because there isn't any reason for it to be expensive. I got mine on a $59 sale I think. No gps or touch screen, just a good sensor.

rated:
Not bad with this price!

rated:
jeffmd said:   I've had this for about 10 months now. It has been fairly descent and the size is great but some caveats;

#1 As sharp as it is.. unless the license plate is infront of your car, don't expect to be able to read it.
#2 Its great to be able to see things in night color wise, but all sharpness goes out the door. In fact my recent night clips have been quite blurry, not sure if things are getting worse with age but the daytime images still seem fine.
#3 battery life is absurdly short when you first get it.. like 1-2 minutes tops and it takes forever to charge that back while it is on. After about a year of use it still powers itself for the 30 shut off timer with the screen off, but if the screen is on it will cut itself short. I have not experienced bad files yet from it doing this.. however...
#4 if you run the battery down and don't charge it quickly enough it will lose the clock. The logic inside will NOT delete files LATER than the current clock setting so when the device powers back up with its clock from 1995 or what ever, it will not overwrite the files on the sd card and will keep looping a file in the small pocket of free space on the sd card at the time.
#5 the usb connector on the camera is micro, but the suction base mount is mini-usb, wtf? In my new car I only have usb ports, so I had to replace the power cable. Accidentally got the wrong usb type because I was looking at the camera.
#6 if your dash is not black, be prepared for lots of glare leading to a washed out picture in the daytime.

I'm in fl and even though the aluminum case/heatsink can get too hot to touch, it never displayed crashing/reboot issues. Still the battery just makes this camera something destined to fail within a couple years. My next camera will definitely be capacitor based.

Also there seems to be some misleading information, the camera does not have any GPS what so ever. It support date/time as well as a user configurable "name" that can be recorded to the video image. 

Thanks for all the information, really helpful

rated:
Good for the price.

rated:
If you buy the GPS mount, not included with the camera, it adds GPS/Speed data to the video and you may download the software (Windows only) to view the GPS data.

rated:
Ahh I see the mount on Amazon for like 22 bucks. The manual didn't seem to mention it, didn't think it was possible.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017