• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Do anyone know how to track the history price thereof?

rated:
Is this suitable for a left hander? Most are sharpened for right handed use only.

rated:
qiyayo
This is a 50/50% double BEVEL blade. Fine for both right and left and it has a universal handle.

for those who don't know what qiyayo is aluding to, many Japanese blades have a complex BEVEL which most americans call "single BEVEL " for right or left handed only. And some companies have "D" shaped or "tear drop shaped handles" which are very comfortable for right handed but not good for lefties

​Don't use the hyperlinks for the word BEVEL, I'm sorry, I don't know how to remove them, they were autogenerated

rated:
Vivian
based on camel, 40 bucks is what it's always been
even at 40 bucks this is not a bad deal, but at 20 bucks with the "coupon", it's a really darn good deal.

The 7cr17mov steel in this knife bears a "remarkable resemblance" to the 440a steel used in cutco and buck knives (hint, hint)
​I've got dozens of Japanese knives, and I absolutely prefer Japanese steel and Japanese construction, but at 20 bucks, this is a pretty good deal that can be used when camping or for my grill.
And I would absolutely prefer this type steel to the 4110 steel of victorinox. When ATK tests knives, they don't test every knife on the market, they just teat a broad representative sample. While NOT great steel, 440A is miles better than 4110 steel. And this knife is machine forged not a stamped knife like the victorinox.
​gave the original post green and I'm even in for one, not that I'd use it that often, but because I'm so curious on how they can do that at that price point

rated:
interesting.

rated:
harrisonh said:   qiyayo
This is a 50/50% double BEVEL blade. Fine for both right and left and it has a universal handle.

for those who don't know what qiyayo is aluding to, many Japanese blades have a complex BEVEL which most americans call "single BEVEL " for right or left handed only. And some companies have "D" shaped or "tear drop shaped handles" which are very comfortable for right handed but not good for lefties

​Don't use the hyperlinks for the word BEVEL, I'm sorry, I don't know how to remove them, they were autogenerated

Just above the "Reply" button, is "Subscribr to this topic".
Above that is "Yes, automatically link URLs in my message".
Uncheck that.

ETA: That should have worked, but doesn't. Another option would be to mis-spell it. bevvel or bevell or be-vel, etc.

rated:
thanks ocean 935!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017