T-Mobile Thanks Customers with a FREE Line of Service

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Applies to new and existing T-Mobile ONE and Simple Choice plan customers...

Link 

Member Summary

T-Mobile Thanks Customers with a FREE Line of Service
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I was told to port the number after a month, once the free credits kick in and are confirmed.

ab2pk (Mar. 08, 2017 @ 11:25a) |

Got my first bill today since adding the free line and the adjustment for the free line is on it. No waiting months for ... (more)

dafish (Apr. 02, 2017 @ 7:35p) |

wow, lucky you, they couldn't even get my line activated so I missed out on this deal. Oh well.

hawk311 (Apr. 02, 2017 @ 9:21p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Already got 2 free lines on BF. I wonder if I can get a third.

Freakazoid said:   Already got 2 free lines on BF. I wonder if I can get a third.
  can you confirm i want a third too

Don't know about this promo, but we got 2 free on BF, and added a third and fourth (one was a home phone) in the promotion around new years, so I would expect you can add one now.

Now have 14 lines on the Tmoble account now (all of kids, their spouses, some home lines). Much cheaper if you can get a lot of lines on an account. I think each additional person is only about $10 (once they get through their free line period). We share Amazon prime, hulu, netflix, etc. similarly. The family part is not any real work. one simple spreadsheet. Luckily we have responsible kids and it is all set up so kids just autopay (and we reconcile it  every year or soo).

Dealing with Tmobile is another issue. Tmobile promotions have become so complex that they can't administer their promotions properly. Their "free phone" are actually "charge you $x/per month for a phone for 24 mohths, and credit you the same $x/per month for 24 months"  - but they keep fouling up the credits (they admit it and fix it, but it would be so much better if they just got it right the first time). Couple of times, they have had to issue us $500-600 credits to get things fixed. Couple of times they have had to put us on a higher data rate plan (at no charge) to get the credits to work, so we pay for a 6GB plan, but we are getting 10GB or 20GB plans for the next two years (we have to keep it all in a spreadsheet to keep it straight).

yahoot said:   Don't know about this promo, but we got 2 free on BF, and added a third and fourth (one was a home phone) in the promotion around new years, so I would expect you can add one now.

Now have 14 lines on the Tmoble account now (all of kids, their spouses, some home lines). Much cheaper if you can get a lot of lines on an account. I think each additional person is only about $10 (once they get through their free line period). We share Amazon prime, hulu, netflix, etc. similarly. The family part is not any real work. one simple spreadsheet. Luckily we have responsible kids and it is all set up so kids just autopay (and we reconcile it  every year or soo).

Dealing with Tmobile is another issue. Tmobile promotions have become so complex that they can't administer their promotions properly. Their "free phone" are actually "charge you $x/per month for a phone for 24 mohths, and credit you the same $x/per month for 24 months"  - but they keep fouling up the credits (they admit it and fix it, but it would be so much better if they just got it right the first time). Couple of times, they have had to issue us $500-600 credits to get things fixed. Couple of times they have had to put us on a higher data rate plan (at no charge) to get the credits to work, so we pay for a 6GB plan, but we are getting 10GB or 20GB plans for the next two years (we have to keep it all in a spreadsheet to keep it straight).

That was before. They just revamped their plans, and they only offer unlimited now. $70/mo for 1 line, $100 for 2 lines, $40 for each additional line. This promo refunds you the $40 for the third line every month.
Also of note, prices include all taxes and fees, so if you have a $100/month plan, $100/month is what you end up paying.
The small type:
- requires autopay (you can autopay from a credit card, unlike Verizon which requires checking account or debit card)
- Up to $10/month rebate per line if you don't use a lot of data
- After 28GB/month you may be throttled if the network is congested
- 10GB tethering included
- if you switch to this plan, the "free for life" plans for tablets are no longer available, and your only choice is to convert them to $75/month (but you have 10GB of tethered data you can use)  

I already have 4 lines. I'm assuming I can't get my 3rd line free and save $40 odd my bill.

Might want to include in the title that it's only for customers who pay for at least 2 lines, to get a 3rd line free.

Great, thanks.

get in now before the mergers begin again

So as a single user (one line) this does nothing for me, huh?

can i add a line now and cancel another one later ?
edit: found the answer "If you cancel service on one of your lines within 12 months or migrate to another plan, you will lose the monthly bill credit for the free line."

MeraNamJoker said:   can i add a line now and cancel another one later ?
  A maximum of 1 free line can be added per account. If you cancel service on one of your lines within 12 months or migrate to another plan, you will lose the monthly bill credit for the free line.

My question: Can you get this offer without actually having a physical phone and just having it as a "reserve" for future use?

Still waiting for the credits on the 2 free lines from BF. Credits are supppose to be automatic after two months of charges. If T-Mobile doesn't botch the refund then I'll jump on this one.

Don't do it. Many, many people are still not getting credits from the BF promo. You've been warned...

moneynomore said:   Still waiting for the credits on the 2 free lines from BF. Credits are supppose to be automatic after two months of charges. If T-Mobile doesn't botch the refund then I'll jump on this one.

multiple friends and I are still waiting for the credits. ive contacted them many times, and each time they say within 2 cycles.  we're i believe on the 3rd cycle already.  Invoices still charge us for the free tablet line that we opened up.

How does some one have 14 lines in 1 account? That max for our acccount was 11 or 12.

I already have 3 lines with T-Mobile. Can I get one of them for free? or I have to add a new line for free? Thanks!

Think this will work for those of us that got the 20% hookup?

jamesfatwallet said:   How does some one have 14 lines in 1 account? That max for our acccount was 11 or 12.
  Might be counting smartwatches and tablets and such.

moneynomore said:   Still waiting for the credits on the 2 free lines from BF. 
  same with me

Its very attempting. But T-Mobile is the worse when it comes to this promotional games they play. They will charge you starting right now on your bill but you have to wait 2 billing cycle to receive credits. Every time I took advantage of T-Mobile promotion, I have to call customer service to correct them to refund the credit every month after 2 billing cycles. It drives me nuts and bad taste of T-Mobile.

+1 on still not getting credits for the 2 free lines from BF, *sigh*

T-Mobile billing is totally unacceptable. FTC/others should fine it. Do we have class recourse?

bobley said:   T-Mobile billing is totally unacceptable. FTC/others should fine it. Do we have class recourse?

The most ridiculous thing about their billing is that their website will be unable to show any details of your account for a few days until they send you an email telling you that your statement is ready...it is 2017, and they need to shut down their accounting system for 3-5 days just to produce the statements...

I just got one only, failed in nest time!

It's a pain to deal with T-Mobile for the credit. I just received my iphone 7 "free" trade in credit yesterday after about 5 months of asking them to post it.

ffahimi said:   
MeraNamJoker said:   can i add a line now and cancel another one later ?
  A maximum of 1 free line can be added per account. If you cancel service on one of your lines within 12 months or migrate to another plan, you will lose the monthly bill credit for the free line.

My question: Can you get this offer without actually having a physical phone and just having it as a "reserve" for future use?

We are thinking of doing the same thing.  Basically you will have a sim card that will be associated with that new line.  It will be activated, however we think it would not matter when you would put the sin card in a phone, ie days, months.  You would have to pay any taxes if they charge them for the free line.  We haven't called to ask, but it seems to make sense that way.  Be aware however that reps do not seem to know the real ins and outs of these promos.  Last promo multiple reps told us when they had the add 2 lines free incorrect information.  They told us we could add one free and one that we already had would be free.  Wrong.  We figured they were wrong, but crossed our fingers.  We were able to get 2 months credit for their mistake ($40 total).  So when in doubt, before you sign up ask to talk to a supervisor to confirm. We asked the supervisor if the reps on the phone get commission for signing people up (hence potentially giving incorrect information on purpose.  He said reps from the phone do not get commission, but workers in store would.

Do you have to pay extra tax and service charges for the free line?

docjoo said:   Do you have to pay extra tax and service charges for the free line?
  still waiting on my 2 free line for BF

A couple of quick thoughts.

Free Line Promos will require an increase in the number of lines on your plan (aka don't count on converting an existing line to a free line).

Lines/Equipment are free "After Bill Credits". If all goes well, you will basically have to use AutoPay to pay the correct amount. It is near impossible to see the bill credits prior to the AutoPayment. This will result in the most confusing time trying to understand if you are overcharged or not.

Verify your eligibility through Tmobile Customer Service and document the verification. Reps in physical stores will tell you anything to make the sale. If you do get the line in store, watch your bill like a hawk for other 'extras' like equipment or insurance.

If your new line turns out to be ineligible, do not unwind through front line customer service. Use your documented verification and one of the so called executive customer service methods to unwind to get the best chance of getting back to where you were prior. Some have reported success for still getting the lines fixed (free) with documented verification of their promo eligibility, but this is very inconsistent.

If you are eligible, a SyncUp Mobile HotSpot should work out to nearly free. If you have simple choice, you can get 6GB plan for free.

Good Luck (we will all need it get our bills sorted out after this promotion.

The free table is not included in this deal.

all accounts are credit biased u can have many more if the account holders credit is excellent and never missed a payment we have 2 att accts with 12 and 14 lines each thats counting phones tablets both allow for free hotspot off the plan until thursday when new unlimited plan becomes available only 22gb at full speed per device and 10gb per device hotspot on new plan on thursday , really 22gb is more than enough for most users.

Quote: "This offer applies to all those with T-Mobile ONE, Simple Choice and Simple Choice No Credit plans – almost anyone with two or more postpaid voice lines."

My plan is "Select Choice FAM UNL TT+D 50" so I wonder whether my "Select Choice FAM" plan will qualify for this?

Anyone know if you can call CS for this offer? Were you able to do it on BF for those that got the free line? All the print says go in to your nearest T-Mobile store. I'd rather not have to wait in line just to have the 16 year old sales rep try to up sell me everything. But maybe that is their plan in the first place with this promo. I called this afternoon and the rep said she wouldn't know anything until the promo comes out tomorrow.

According to the rep, my plan "Select Choice FAM" is grandfathered from long ago and not eligible for adding any additional line...

OverRuled said:   According to the rep, my plan "Select Choice FAM" is grandfathered from long ago and not eligible for adding any additional line...
  Duh.

OverRuled said:   According to the rep, my plan "Select Choice FAM" is grandfathered from long ago and not eligible for adding any additional line...
  You dont even have the option to upgrade the device with T-Mobile without changing your plan

Was told through T-Force (twitter direct message to @TMobileHelp) that the line can be added in-store, online (T-Force) or over the phone. I do ALL of my customer support through T-Force because twitter retains all direct message history. I've copied and pasted a few times to show them what I was told by a previous CSR and was credited accordingly. I never call or go into the store anymore because there is no way to have documented evidence of what I was told.

montee4 said:   Anyone know if you can call CS for this offer? Were you able to do it on BF for those that got the free line? All the print says go in to your nearest T-Mobile store. I'd rather not have to wait in line just to have the 16 year old sales rep try to up sell me everything. But maybe that is their plan in the first place with this promo. I called this afternoon and the rep said she wouldn't know anything until the promo comes out tomorrow.
  Called for the BF deal. Took a few minutes but not bad. I can't imagine you couldn't do it over the phone. 

I will admit that the bill credit thing has been a little wonky, but it worked they way they suggested. Took 2 or so months to start the credit and it seems to be working. This has lead to my bill being going up and down but nets out to where it should be. Hopefully this will even out over the next few months (unless I grab yet another free line)

Skipping 56 Messages...
dafish said:   Got my first bill today since adding the free line and the adjustment for the free line is on it. No waiting months for a correct bill.  Also got a
​$10 kickback for under 2gb usage on the free line. 

wow, lucky you, they couldn't even get my line activated so I missed out on this deal. Oh well.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017