• filter:
This deal has expired.

Amazon Fire HD 10 tablet 16GB with special offers $140 (live again)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Amazon Fire HD 10 16GB with special offers now on sale for $140.
Regularly $230. This has been on sale for $180 but $140 is the lowest I have seen.

Sale price is back at $140..

Amazon Fire HD 10 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
229 now

jatwell (Feb. 28, 2017 @ 9:32p) |

Live at 10:05am eastern. 3/1

lizard4848 (Mar. 01, 2017 @ 9:11a) |

Thanks for the heads up Lizard - and at a better price.

geezlouise (Mar. 01, 2017 @ 9:50a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Usually when that happens it drops again. Like they are testing the waters. I'm going to keep refreshing. Worked for me once before on an HDX. Also indicative of something new coming out and them wanting to clear inventory?

That is if it was sold by Amazon.

rated:
I just won one of these today from a national radio station contest. Is it worth keeping or should I take the cash instead? I am not technology savvy at all and have never used a tablet, just a laptop.

rated:
Homer5150 - this was definitely sold by Amazon so maybe the drop was a testing of the waters.

CTGolfer - The HD 10 is an excellent tablet. I would keep it, especially if you have never used a tablet before. You'll likely get hooked
But perhaps others can weigh in as well.. oh, and congratulations!

rated:
geezlouise said:   

CTGolfer - The HD 10 is an excellent tablet. I would keep it but perhaps others can weigh in as well.. oh, and congratulations!

Thank you!! Thanks for posting deals on FW.

rated:
Thank YOU CTGolfer - you're in a league of your own

rated:
Homer5150 - you were right.
Price back down to $140.

rated:
Good finds. thanks.

rated:
Sweet, great way to upgrade my wife's kindle for her birthday! 6% cash back at TCB for Kindle fire purchases at Amazon too! 5% off Amazon credit card, smokin deal.

rated:
It's only $15 more w/o special offers. How annoying are they? $15 for a 2-3 year life spam of no commercials seems worth it.

rated:
dogmeat said:   It's only $15 more w/o special offers. How annoying are they? $15 for a 2-3 year life spam of no commercials seems worth it.
  You can always "upgrade" to no special offers after the fact.

rated:
dogmeat said:   It's only $15 more w/o special offers. How annoying are they? $15 for a 2-3 year life spam of no commercials seems worth it.

The special offers only show up on the home screen when you go to wake up the device. Once you are using the tablet you don't see them.
So no, they are not annoying .. and probably to the chagrin of the advertisers, hardly noticeable.
But at this price point it's not a big deal to order without them.

rated:
Interesting... at primenow.com it's not discounted. :-/

rated:
So tempting. If only the display was better.

rated:
Fire OS? is it android? will it run all android apps? I want to use this as a photo booth kiosk and they run on android.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

rated:
letsspendlotsofm

fire OS5 is a VERSION of android 5. FireOS 6 wi'' mp dpoubt be a branch of Android 6. Like many companies that do proprietary versions it purposely lags the main version by 6 months or so.
It will run MANY/most aps that run on android, but not all. Plus there are hardware and other firmware requirements of an app. And even when a device has what appears to the consumer that they have similar or even "better" specs, that does not mean it is as reliable or robust. In IT we measure total cost of ownership and return on investment, not just a spec for a pricepoint.

I've used kindles for a dozen years, and have had several fires. I know of an exceptionally large company that uses it for supervisory personal. They have been VERY reliable, never an issue for m personally as well as that company.

You can also have a high school or college kid "root" the device for you and have it run raw android if you choose, but you'll miss out on all the other cool stuff.

I would ask the photo booth kiosk mfgr. If they are anything level of competency at all, they would at least know whether it works or it doesn't. the kindle is in such BROAD deployment to consumers that they would have test bedded it. If they say "no", you can "root" it, or buy another tablet. there are a LOT of great competitors (and some really carpy ones, so be careful). If they say they "don't know" that would be an indicator of the stability and quality of the company and whether you should buy the equipment from them.

rated:
Looks like its back up.

rated:
not discounted

rated:
Must be targeted... I'm seeing full price.

rated:
letsspendlotsofmoney said:   Fire OS? is it android? will it run all android apps? I want to use this as a photo booth kiosk and they run on android.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_OS

rated:
Yup...with Am a zon, you snooze you lose. I missed it too.

rated:
Well, to quote a man from a great movie: "I'm not quite dead yet."  A drunk sailor must be doing pricing at Am a Zon today, because having missed this tablet at $140 I threw it in my cart to watch. Just looked a few minutes ago and it was $129.99. I didn't wait this time. God only knows how long this will hold.

rated:
229 now

rated:
Live at 10:05am eastern. 3/1

rated:
Thanks for the heads up Lizard - and at a better price.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017