• filter:

Mobil1 synthetic oil rebate again (end May 31 2017)

• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Up to $15 off.
link to rebate 

Member Summary

mobil 1 (88.81kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

chuck2584 (Jun. 28, 2017 @ 5:37p) |

Just got my check yesterday. Took them a long time this time to get the rebates out.

nkha1 (Jul. 14, 2017 @ 9:48a) |

I have not received my rebate check. Does anyone know the contact number or address I can get in touch with the rebate p... (more)

titomaite (Aug. 08, 2017 @ 8:01a) |

With our limited-time offer, choose from:

$15 rebate with purchase of five quarts of Mobil 1™ synthetic motor oil and a Mobil 1™ Extended Performance Oil Filter
$12 rebate with purchase of five quarts of Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil
$10 rebate with purchase of five quarts of Mobil Super™ Synthetic motor oil
$7 rebate with purchase of five quarts of any Mobil Super™ motor oil

Offer valid until May 31, 2017. Multiquart jugs and single-quart bottles both valid. Certain restrictions apply.

2017 National Spring Promotion—Mobil 1™/Mobil Super™ Retail Rebate Terms and Conditions

To receive a $15 rebate check, send original register receipt(s) showing proof of purchase(s) of five (5) quarts or more of any Mobil 1 motor oil and one (1) Mobil 1™ Extended Performance Oil Filter or Mobil 1™ Motorcycle Oil Filter. To receive a $12 rebate check, send original register receipt(s) showing proof of purchase(s) of five (5) quarts or more of any Mobil 1 motor oil. To receive a $10 rebate check, send original register receipt(s) showing proof of purchase(s) of five (5) quarts or more of any Mobil Super™ Synthetic motor oil. To receive a $7 rebate check, send original register receipt(s) showing proof of purchase(s) of five (5) quarts or more of any Mobil Super motor oil. Limited to purchases made at participating retailers; excludes online purchases made at Amazon. com. Rebate not valid on oil change services.

Rebate Status Check: http://mobil.rebateresearch.com/
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
"Limited to purchases made at participating retailers; excludes online purchases made at Amazon.com. Rebate not valid on oil change services. "

also, you need to buy a filter to get the full $15.

rated:
spanky42 said:   "Limited to purchases made at participating retailers; excludes online purchases made at Amazon.com. Rebate not valid on oil change services. "

also, you need to buy a filter to get the full $15.

I believe that this is the first time that Amazon.com has been excluded.

Keep in mind that WalMart has never listed in the ​"some participating retailers include" list.

rated:
Alrightie then, I have been waiting for these, time to stack for next 2 oil changes.

rated:
Does anyone know if buying from Costco or BJ's qualify for the rebate?

rated:
FmrLCpl said:   Does anyone know if buying from Costco or BJ's qualify for the rebate?
  I have received the rebate from a purchase at Costco in the past.  $10 off 6 quarts https://www.costco.com/warehouse-coupon-offers.html?COSTID=Heade...

rated:
I hate it when I only need 1 quart for a lawn mower ... costs more for 1 quart with out rebate than 5 quarts with rebate.

rated:
I did this last fall.  WalMart was not on the vendor list and was having a sale that may well have included $10-$15 off normal pricing.  Nevertheless, Mobil honored 2 rebates very quickly and seamlessly.

rated:
If you have a Discovercard, link through Discover Deals to WalMart, order online, pickup at store, and get 5% cash back.

rated:
do the 5 quart jugs qualify?

rated:
spanky42 said:   do the 5 quart jugs qualify?
  "Offer valid until May 31, 2017. Multiquart jugs and single-quart bottles both valid."

rated:
sweet, thanks rushhound.

rated:
jschuman said:   I hate it when I only need 1 quart for a lawn mower ... costs more for 1 quart with out rebate than 5 quarts with rebate.
  who uses synthetic for a lawn mower!

rated:
FmrLCpl said:   Does anyone know if buying from Costco or BJ's qualify for the rebate?
  Promo for BJ's 

rated:
I called them and was assured by Crystal that WalMart is OK as a participating retailer.

rated:
thx said:   I called them and was assured by Crystal that WalMart is OK as a participating retailer.
  I get two jugs literally every time they run the rebate promo.  For years I have purchased them at Wally World and have ALWAYS received my rebates.

rated:
Thanks OP, been waiting for this to come back.

rated:
keaton85 said:   
jschuman said:   I hate it when I only need 1 quart for a lawn mower ... costs more for 1 quart with out rebate than 5 quarts with rebate.

I do, it's cheaper than conventional with these deals.

rated:
barondeluze said:   
keaton85 said:   

I do, it's cheaper than conventional with these deals.

Me too.

rated:
Waiting for WalMart sale price like last year.

rated:
keaton85 said:   

I used it to clean out all the sludge left behind by conventional oil. The lawn mower operates at a much higher temperature than you car.

rated:
My Toro mower is specced for straight 30W oil and takes a little more than half a quart. Home Depot and Lowes sell oil in that size containers, but it's a whole lot cheaper to get a full quart at WalMart of their brand. Been using that for years, no issues.

rated:
Called to check if the rebate was good on purchases from Jet.com since their prices for 2-5 qt jugs and 15% off for your first 3 orders would be cheaper than WalMart, plus free shipping and no sales tax to my state. CSR told me that purchases from them are not eligible for the rebate since they are online only.
http://jet.com/product/Mobil-1-5W-30-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-qt/05b476757e884c64845eae2f3270a18f 

And I also use Mobil 1 5W-30 in my Craftsman lawn tractor. It's speced for 30W oil but runs great on Mobil 1 5W-30.

rated:
Costco has 6 packs of Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, various viscosities for $26.99 that's $4.50 a quart. No sale, regular price.

rated:
My Z-Mower requires Mobil 1 for the hydraulic system!

rated:
shortnuglytion said:   Costco has 6 packs of Mobil 1 Full Synthetic, various viscosities for $26.99 that's $4.50 a quart. No sale, regular price.
  Their regular price is $36.99/6 qt pack. $26.99 After $10 OFF. $10 manufacturer’s discount is valid 2/16/17 through 3/12/17. http://www.costco.com/Mobil-1-Advanced-Full-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5W-30.product.100169695.html  

rated:
Connecticut Costco's have a $3 oil fee when you p/u in store. Order online Costco charges $7 for shipping.

rated:
costco why dont you have 0w-20 in stock in your warehouses???!!!

rated:
mindtrix said:   costco why dont you have 0w-20 in stock in your warehouses???!!!
  Check your manual-you may also be able to use 5w-30.  A lot of cars have gone to 0w-20 because it results in marginally better mileage-you'd barely notice it but it pumps their fleet numbers higher.

rated:
Dang. I was just about to go through the hoops of getting a reprint of my receipt at the WalMart where I bought the jug (the one time I tossed it right away). Then I noticed that the rebate is for "purchases made between March 1, 2017 and May 31, 2017". 

That's what I get for changing my oil last weekend, but how could I not? It was only a few miles short of when I was due and it was 62 degrees outside!

rated:
Get your reprint, buy another jug, then return your new jug on your old reprint receipt.

rated:
Not a bad thought. Thanks!

rated:
good quality product. thanks.

rated:
knickdigger said:   Get your reprint, buy another jug, then return your new jug on your old reprint receipt.
  Well, I got my reprint this morning. Except it says ITEMS HISTORY - NOT A RECEIPT right across the top. And there's a lot of other **voided transaction** info on there as well. I suppose I could buy another jug, get a new receipt, and try to return the jug without a receipt at all, explaining that I bought it last week but lost the receipt. I believe WalMart will accept a return without a receipt, no? If not, what the hell, I'll be doing another oil change in 5 months and oil doesn't go bad. 

rated:
beauregard said:   
I'll be doing another oil change in 5 months and oil doesn't go bad. 

I have a stockpile.  I buy 2 jugs each offer.  You never know when rebates will end and you'll end up paying full price.
I was going to comment about this being a fossil fuel and lasting for millenia but then remembered MobilOne is synthetic.

rated:
The oil won't go bad, but the plastic jugs might. I pulled some quart bottles from the garage this week, and found some had cracked and leaked. Some lost 32oz, some cracked at the top & only lost 4oz. No idea how old they were, but its gotta be at least 10yr.

Edit... Not mobil1

rated:
Meijer has Mobil1 on sale for $22.99 on their 2 day sale 3/10 and 3/11

rated:
at $15 for 5 quart why not?

I use synthetic in all my small engines, easier to keep around as I also use (4 quart) 0w-30 and 5W-30 in my cars.

rated:
i have done this 2x last year. It says limited to 2 per household. Is that per annual year? or limited to 2x for life of that address?

Skipping 60 Messages...
rated:
I have not received my rebate check. Does anyone know the contact number or address I can get in touch with the rebate program? Thanks.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017