This deal has expired.

3-Years The Atlantic Magazine (Print + Digital) $12 at discountmags.com

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

3-Years The Atlantic Magazine (Print + Digital)
$12
http://www.discountmags.com/magazine/the-atlantic

Promo Code: FATWALLET

What is The Atlantic? The Atlanticis a news magazine that is a commentary on the culture of society

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Excellent price for an excellent magazine.

rated:
For those who are unaware, this magazine and hundreds more are available at your local library for free in digital format.  You use a free app called "Zinio For Libraries".  You can either read the magazine online or download it to your device for offline reading.  Great for car or plane trips.  

rated:
I did this deal last year.  Just make sure it gets added to your Atlantic account.
I had to follow up 3-4 times with discount mags because my subscription wasn't reflected in my current Atlantic account (I already had a subscription that expires in 6 months and wanted to extend it by 3 years).

rated:
miqie said:   For those who are unaware, this magazine and hundreds more are available at your local library for free in digital format.  You use a free app called "Zinio For Libraries".  You can either read the magazine online or download it to your device for offline reading.  Great for car or plane trips.  

Does it work like ebooks, meaning it expires after a set period?  Do you have to wait until magazine right is available to download and read?

I will have to definitely look into this.  

rated:
dpid said:   
miqie said:   For those who are unaware, this magazine and hundreds more are available at your local library for free in digital format.  You use a free app called "Zinio For Libraries".  You can either read the magazine online or download it to your device for offline reading.  Great for car or plane trips.  

Does it work like ebooks, meaning it expires after a set period?  Do you have to wait until magazine right is available to download and read?

No, unlike ebooks, there is no expiration.  I don't understand your second question.  Magazines are current and some back issues.  When you go to "CheckOut Magazines"  it will take you to the mag page of your library.  You click on the mag of your choice, then you can also view back issues of that mag.  Like right now, I can choose the March 13 issue of "US" so it's the current issue that's out there or  I can choose older ones.

rated:
miqie said:   
dpid said:   

No, unlike ebooks, there is no expiration.  I don't understand your second question.  Magazines are current and some back issues.  When you go to "CheckOut Magazines"  it will take you to the mag page of your library.  You click on the mag of your choice, then you can also view back issues of that mag.  Like right now, I can choose the March 13 issue of "US" so it's the current issue that's out there or  I can choose older ones.

sorry, I meant if you had to wait until rights were available.  Like on eBooks, there are only so many people who can check out at a time.

But to answer my question, yes, its limited to how many digital rights the library has.  I tried getting the most recent Economist and all issues were gone.  So I have to wait until the next issue or I can download prior issues.  

And thanks for this.  I wasn't even aware about this and its a deal.  Also, depending on your library, you might have access to digital newspapers... with Chicago Public Library, we only have digital microfiche available for newspapers.  

rated:
Well, maybe your library works diff than mine. Chicago is huge so there's probably more demand and they limit their downloads. I've had the same mag in my collection for three months now and it still opens when I want to read it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017