300 FREE Starbucks Bonus Stars

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.starbucks.com/promo/rewards  Promotion ends on April 3, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

Sign into your Starbucks Rewards account and play the Bonus Stars Bingo game to collect up to 300 FREE Bonus Stars.

Member Summary

Starbucks
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

with the previous Christmas challenge there were opportunities to receive "free" pieces every day by logging online and filling out your name, info, etc. I don't see this option yet on their website. I thought legally there always needs to be a way to receive at least one "game piece" without purchasing in all contests...

what's the minimum spending amount to get one 300 stars?

The stars aren't free. You of course have to make very specific purchases....even 2 or 3 purchases just to get one piece on the bingo board.

Does not belong in free stuff. There's no way to get these without purchase.

I did the math, and if the system works by making specific purchases which count towards more than one challenge (e.g. Using mobile app while making $12 purchase before 12pm on Monday, etc) then I estimate a MINIMUM of $16 total to get 300 bonus stars. PM me if you want specific details on how I figured that math out (I'd be happy to share here too if you want).

There's a lot of flexibility to it but I came up with a possible plan for myself:
1) make an app purchase of at least $12 Monday after 2pm at store #1
2) make any app purchase Friday after 12pm at store #2
3) make any app purchase on weekend before 12pm at store #3
4) make any purchase that same day after 12pm at store #4
5) make any purchase on weekend at any store.

I guess you can make the minimum purchase of something worth a buck or so but I'll probably just get some drip coffee =)

Edited to adjust for same purchase before and after 12pm (thanks MicahMc!  I actually forgot about that requirement!)

leland74 said:   There's a lot of flexibility to it but I came up with a possible plan for myself:
1) make an app purchase of at least $12 Monday after 2pm at store #1
2) make any app purchase Friday after 12pm at store #2
3) make any app purchase on weekend before 12pm at store #3
4) make any purchase on weekend at store #4
5) make any purchase on weekend at any store.

I guess you can make the minimum purchase of something worth a buck or so but I'll probably just get some drip coffee =)

Great plan! As long as you remember that two of the purchases have to happen in the same day (one before 12pm and one after 12pm).

Here's my plan:
1. $12 purchase via app before 12pm on Saturday (store #1)
2. Purchase via app on after 12pm same Saturday (store #2)
3. Purchase Sunday morning via app (store #3)
4. Purchase Monday after 2pm (any store)
5. Purchase Friday after 12pm (any store).

QUESTION: Do Starbucks at Targets count?

micahmania said:   I did the math, and if the system works by making specific purchases which count towards more than one challenge (e.g. Using mobile app while making $12 purchase before 12pm on Monday, etc) then I estimate a MINIMUM of $16 total to get 300 bonus stars. PM me if you want specific details on how I figured that math out (I'd be happy to share here too if you want).

Post the details!

rsuaver said:   
micahmania said:   I did the math, and if the system works by making specific purchases which count towards more than one challenge (e.g. Using mobile app while making $12 purchase before 12pm on Monday, etc) then I estimate a MINIMUM of $16 total to get 300 bonus stars. PM me if you want specific details on how I figured that math out (I'd be happy to share here too if you want).

Post the details!

Using the previous two posts as excellent examples, the only addition I would add is the cost factor. I also figure 5 purchases, one being $12 and the other are unspecified (assuming the $6 purchase is also counted when the $12 purchase is made at the right time (between 11am-2pm). So $12 + 4 other purchases (e.g. a banana = $1) = a minimum of $16 before any tax. If you get drip coffee (besides the $12 purchase), expect to pay about $24 (I'm assuming $3/cup of coffee).
Hope that helps!

per the latest post on FW (here), go to starbucksbingo.com, enter the code "KEEPBINGOING" and choose a space to fill for FREE! I chose the $12 space ("Coffee with Friends"). This still mandates 5 minimum purchases, but reduces the total minimum. So now, if you make a $6, plus four more $1 purchases (e.g. bananas) = $10 before tax. That gets you 300 stars = over two free drinks! Bonus: If you received an email about joining the Star Dash this week, you might rake in another 25-75 stars on top of that!

Wow...thank you...

quickstrike said:   The stars aren't free. You of course have to make very specific purchases....even 2 or 3 purchases just to get one piece on the bingo board.
  While initially there didn't seem to be a free option to gain stars, the most recent postings allow the collection of 10 stars without purchase, while also showing that 300-375 stars can be collected by making regular/normal purchases from Starbucks that aren't otherwise given outside of this promotion. But I certainly understand your reasoning as well. 300+ stars aren't completely "free", that is, without purchase of any kind.

Strategy for the before/After 12pm purchase. Buy a coffee just before noon. After 12:01 get a free refill and add syrup (65c). Or add a shot to it (.80).

I feel like I've signed up for Starbucks programs multiple time but never seem to be registered

Stubtify said:   Strategy for the before/After 12pm purchase. Buy a coffee just before noon. After 12:01 get a free refill and add syrup (65c). Or add a shot to it (.80).
  Nice!

I used the get a shot of syrup after noon strategy...barista wouldn't charge me for it.  So, then I had to go back and sit and think of a new strategy. I ended up with a pack of cashews.   

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017