ScaleBlaster 20+ gpg Deluxe Model Electronic Water Conditioner (Weather Proof) $199 at homedepot.com + FS

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

ScaleBlaster 20+ gpg Deluxe Model Electronic Water Conditioner (Weather Proof) $199 at homedepot.com + FS
Disclaimer

Posted with ToGo

ScaleBlaster 20+ gpg Deluxe Model Electronic Water Conditioner (Weather Proof)
$199
http://www.homedepot.com/p/ScaleBlaster-20-gpg-Deluxe-Model-Electronic-Water-Conditioner-Weather-Proof-SB-Elite/301275934

The ScaleBlaster Deluxe Electronic Water Conditioner is an innovative, computerized water conditioning system that solves hard water problems without the need for chemicals or salt, making it a healthy option for those on salt-restricted diets. This water conditioner removes and prevents lime scale deposits in household pipes, protecting and prolonging the life of water heaters, dishwashers and washing machines. Lime scale deposits on showerheads, sinks and faucets will easily wipe off or disappear, and soap lathers up more, leaving your skin feeling smoother and your hair more manageable. Enjoy healthier and better tasting water, as well as brighter, whiter and longer lasting clothes, towels and sheets. This water conditioner requires no maintenance and is simple to install with no plumbing required.
  • Hard water levels over 20 gpg or 342 ppm
  • Eliminates scale build up in pipes, sinks and faucets
  • Weather proof
  • Better for your home, body and the environment
  • Salt free solution to hard water

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$175  on Amazon, stopped looking after I saw that but there may be even better deals.

I got the Eddy electronic descaler a month ago for $199 off of Amazon, and I can't decide if it's doing anything. The reviews on these things make them sound like magic though so I'm trying to give it a chance, and the Eddy promises a 1-year money back guarantee and includes information about it in the box (basically to contact them and they'll give you a refund and avoid any restocking fees or return shipping you'd normally have to pay to Amazon).

There are various models, so make sure you are comparing apples to apples. After reading some debunking blogs I found by googling, I will pass on this no matter how good some reviews sound

I have been using the scaleblaster for >10 years now. Right after installing, did not notice any difference in water quality during washing hands, shower etc. Also, it was off for about 6 months recently due to a broken electric spring clip connector on it. We felt no change when it was off  and now I have repaired that clip (those ducks at scaleblaster didn't even respond to my message!) and installed it again without noticing any change in water quality. BTW, we are on city water; it may help those on ground water supply? Trust me, with this thing, you will never feel the soap foaming and water softness like you do in hotels (that have real softeners). Water still leaves marks on faucets, shower etc.... I will definitely invest in a real water softener system when I can afford it.

These things will not do anything to actually improve or change your water quality. The only thing these types of "conditioners" do is condition the dissolved minerals present in the water in such a way as to keep them dissolved so they don't form scale; as opposed to a traditional water softener that will actually remove the minerals to make the water 'softer'. If you think about it, it makes sense. The water is just passing through a magnetic field. Nothing is being added or removed.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017