• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:


Sat 3/11 and Sun 3/12 with code shown in attached image.

Also see image for details

Costco tire installation - more thn just installation! 

 

Member Summary
code: MICHELIN17MAR
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Normal install charge is $15 per tire so additional $60 savings is pretty good deal.

rated:
No Costco near me.............. Oh well. Maybe a PM oppoertunity?

rated:
FYI the Costco Tire tire site is being very finicky.... lots of time outs or have to refresh.

rated:
I found if you look tire by size, site is more responsive

rated:
does Costco price match?

rated:
Just wished they carried a better selection of less expense tires ...

rated:
Looks like 'Members Only'
 

rated:
zapy said:   No Costco near me.............. Oh well. Maybe a PM oppoertunity?
BJ's Wholesale Club has a similar offer every Black Friday weekend.  They currently have $60 off Bridgestone and $70 off Michelin but no free installation.

https://tires.bjs.com/  

rated:

rated:
horizon6 said:   

Sat 3/11 and Sun 3/12 with code shown in attached image.

Also see image for details

 You should include the code in your OP to prevent reposts and to help search engine users find this deal.

Code: MICHELIN17MAR

rated:
Unless there has been a recent change, Costco does not have a corporate price match policy. 

rated:
jschuman said:   Just wished they carried a better selection of less expense tires ...
  
I have found out the hard way that buying cheap tires two or three times costs as much as a good pair of one time tires. I had purchased a set of Goodbeer tires for my truck at a little over 450 a set. The didn't last long mileage wise and two actually suffered blowouts. They were made to be cheap. I ended up buying a set then two replacement tires plus another set. That was a bit over 1K in tires over a couple of years time - I drive a lot of miles. I finally broke down and bought some "expensive" michelin tires. Those lasted nearly 85K miles and didn't leave me stranded with a blowout due to cheap materials and quality. I am certain I saved money over the tire life and that was a couple of years ago. I suspect that there are even more cheapness shortcuts for some of the tires these days. If I have the $$ nest time I'll spend on a more respected brand and model. 
 

rated:
I just purchased these tires 2 weeks back and paid $56 Installation charge. Wonder if they will pricematch and refund the installation charges? Will try to find out tomorrow , but if anyone knows then please update.

rated:
polkafriend said:   I just purchased these tires 2 weeks back and paid $56 Installation charge. Wonder if they will pricematch and refund the installation charges? Will try to find out tomorrow , but if anyone knows then please update.
  I'm almost certain they will give you the difference back if you show up in person - Costco has always done stuff like that for me.  Once, I bought a TV for family at an east coast Costco.  When I got home across the country, I saw that the same TV in my local Costco had gone on sale (was the same lower price at the original Costco too - I checked).  I had a copy of the original receipt - that's all I needed at my local Costco, to be refunded the difference.  Not bad!

rated:
ahallfatwallett said:   
polkafriend said:   I just purchased these tires 2 weeks back and paid $56 Installation charge. Wonder if they will pricematch and refund the installation charges? Will try to find out tomorrow , but if anyone knows then please update.
  I'm almost certain they will give you the difference back if you show up in person - Costco has always done stuff like that for me.  Once, I bought a TV for family at an east coast Costco.  When I got home across the country, I saw that the same TV in my local Costco had gone on sale (was the same lower price at the original Costco too - I checked).  I had a copy of the original receipt - that's all I needed at my local Costco, to be refunded the difference.  Not bad!

  
you really wouldn't even need the receipt, though it speeds things along. If it was bought on your account, all relatively recent purchases will be found

rated:
zapy said:   
jschuman said:   Just wished they carried a better selection of less expense tires ...
  
I have found out the hard way that buying cheap tires two or three times costs as much as a good pair of one time tires. I had purchased a set of Goodbeer tires for my truck at a little over 450 a set. The didn't last long mileage wise and two actually suffered blowouts. They were made to be cheap. I ended up buying a set then two replacement tires plus another set. That was a bit over 1K in tires over a couple of years time - I drive a lot of miles. I finally broke down and bought some "expensive" michelin tires. Those lasted nearly 85K miles and didn't leave me stranded with a blowout due to cheap materials and quality. I am certain I saved money over the tire life and that was a couple of years ago. I suspect that there are even more cheapness shortcuts for some of the tires these days. If I have the $$ nest time I'll spend on a more respected brand and model. 

  I learned the same lesson many years ago. Now, I will only buy Michelin tires. The extra cost is worth the price of my family's safety and tires last longer with a better performance.

rated:
docjoo said:   
zapy said:   
jschuman said:   Just wished they carried a better selection of less expense tires ...
  
I have found out the hard way that buying cheap tires two or three times costs as much as a good pair of one time tires. I had purchased a set of Goodbeer tires for my truck at a little over 450 a set. The didn't last long mileage wise and two actually suffered blowouts. They were made to be cheap. I ended up buying a set then two replacement tires plus another set. That was a bit over 1K in tires over a couple of years time - I drive a lot of miles. I finally broke down and bought some "expensive" michelin tires. Those lasted nearly 85K miles and didn't leave me stranded with a blowout due to cheap materials and quality. I am certain I saved money over the tire life and that was a couple of years ago. I suspect that there are even more cheapness shortcuts for some of the tires these days. If I have the $$ nest time I'll spend on a more respected brand and model. 

  I learned the same lesson many years ago. Now, I will only buy Michelin tires. The extra cost is worth the price of my family's safety and tires last longer with a better performance.

New tires are often better than worn tires and long mileage life is only useful if one drives enough and the tires don't get damaged from something else (road hazard, alignment issues, etc.).

rated:
You need to be a Costco member for this deal

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017