Mobil 1, 6-1 qt case Costco.com $26.99 free shipping March 11-12 at Costco.com (possible $14.99 after rebate)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Mobil 1, 6-1 qt case Costco.com $26.99 free shipping March 11-12
$36.99-$10= $26.99
5w-20 0w-40 5w-20 10w-30
Hurry, these tend to sell out when on sale with free shipping
I found this deal on the Mobil 1 rebate website. I'm sending in my rebate form for the $12 rebate

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?keyword=mobil+1&pageSize=96 

Member Summary

Mobil 1, 6-1 qt cas
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Why shipping

acrojoyful (Mar. 13, 2017 @ 2:42p) |

I picked up two cases of 0w-20,, American made and American proud GM TRUCK

dwilson15 (Mar. 13, 2017 @ 3:24p) |

I just emailed them after placing the order and they got back to me the next morning with a refund.

dbphillips (Mar. 13, 2017 @ 4:05p) |

Thread should have been set to auto-expire on 3/12.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just bought a case yesterday for $1 more at BJ's which shows as a retailer on the rebate list. Didn't know about rebate, so green for that info! Will submit and see what happens...

Thanks op

Dont see costco on the $12 rebate list

bjamm said:   Dont see costco on the $12 rebate list
  The rebate list states "SOME retailers include the following..." YMMV on rebate

"Limited to purchases made at participating retailers; excludes online purchases made at Amazon.com."

COSTCO is not listed as a participating retailer here. Neither is WalMart. However I confirmed that WalMart is a participating retailer by calling 1-866-895-9127. They can confirm whether or not a purchase from COSTCO will qualify. If not, the WalMart price is pretty good too.

I just called them for Sam's Club ($27.78) and was told the rebate is good EVERYWHERE except Amazon, and any place that installs the oil for you (Jiffy lube, etc)

Went to Costco.com. Trying to charge shipping, even though it clearly states Free Shipping. Called Customer Service about error. Was told they are aware off the problem and trying to resolve. Anyone else having this issue?

Costco.com is charging me shipping, even though it says is free. At the end, during the review, it is charging me.
Any one else?
Where is the rebate?

WalMart 5-qt jug sale is usually cheaper

Costco fix the problem, and I already filled in the rebate, but just checking with every one here. It seems like there is a limit of two rebates. When I was filling the rebate online, the option of rebate type: $12, then below says "total amount purchased" and it gives you the option of 10 quarts (2 rebates).

I bought two of these cases for $27.78 last week from Sams Club. Submitted for two rebates. Hoping they go through.

ElGuache said:   Costco.com is charging me shipping, even though it says is free. At the end, during the review, it is charging me.
Any one else?
Where is the rebate?

Getting $6.99 shipping here too...

po90260 said:   WalMart 5-qt jug sale is usually cheaper
  True, but 5-quart jugs don't fit in the spare tire well -- which is where I store an extra quart of oil in my cars. Jugs for oil changes, quarts for top offs.

Mobil 1 & Shell (Pennzoil) are the fastest rebates I've ever received.

exbat said:   
ElGuache said:   Costco.com is charging me shipping, even though it says is free. At the end, during the review, it is charging me.
Any one else?
Where is the rebate?

Same 6.99 shipping to WA too.  I'll call Costco tomorrow to get the shipping refund.  
I completed the $12 online rebate.
My 80K engine say thank you.

is the rebate limited to 2 per address for life? or each time? i have done 2 of them last year

0w-20 and 0w-40 OOS

ughh everyone else on FW drives a german car too? lol 0W-40 goes out of stock so fast

That viscosity is what goes into SRT 6.4L engines too.  I have a hard time sometimes finding it for my Charger.

Still have about 6 jugs of Pennzoil and Mobil One from previous deals but a deal is a deal... Buy first, ask later, Thanks OP!

By the way, Discover has 5% off for online Warehouse purchases currently so $24 back with 5% back is quite a hot deal! For me, that's $60(with ca tax) - $24 - $3 = $33 for 12 quarts.

EDIT: Did anyone use "Costco Headquarters 999 Lake Dr. Issaquah, WA 98027" for the retailer address? 
Got it from this site: headquarters

I went to store for the oil change every 5000 miles between interval. About middle of the interval, I needed to add about 1.5 to 2 quarts each.
How often do you girl or guy change oil?

kenwallet said:   I went to store for the oil change every 5000 miles between interval. About middle of the interval, I needed to add about 1.5 to 2 quarts each.

I change mine every 10,000 miles as recommended by Toyota

I purchased 5 x 1-QT (Item link is here) Mobil 1 Super 5W-30 Conventional Motor Oils instead of purchasing 5-QT at WalMart.

Am I still qualified for $7 rebate?

Thanks OP. Ordered 2.

Can some one share the rebate link? I didn't find it from OP's description.

lovecd said:   Can some one share the rebate link? I didn't find it from OP's description.
  Google worked...
Mobile 1 rebate

Homer had too much Duff, rebates don't mention Costco at all. NO guarantee there is a rebate with this deal.

gumbysucks said:   Homer had too much Duff, rebates don't mention Costco at all. NO guarantee there is a rebate with this deal.
  Hence he word POSSIBLE in the title. Homer he read words...words say,  "SOME retailers include the following..." YMMV on rebate

kenwallet said:   
exbat said:   
Any one else?
Where is the rebate?

Same 6.99 shipping to WA too.  I'll call Costco tomorrow to get the shipping refund.  

Did they credit you the shipping? I am not a Costco member so did not want to pull the trigger until this got sorted out.

And now it's too late, 5W30 OOS, pulled from my cart. My 81K engine is irritated.

Yes, they will credit the shipping charge when your order ships. Showed on my orders that shipped today.

Nice find, thanks OP!

Just noticed that the Mobil site has a reference to the $10 Mobil1 case Costco promo here. Since Costco is not specifically mentioned in the list of participating retailers for the $12 rebate AND Mobil points out the Costco savings I'm thinking it's a pretty big YMMV for us getting the $12 rebate.

I went wih a case of 10W30 at 11:48PM PDT since I'll just be using the quarts for top-ups between 5W30 changes. It rarely drops below freezing here in the Portland, OR area so a little 10W mixed in should be fine for cold starts.

lol.Thanks op

kenwallet said:   I went to store for the oil change every 5000 miles between interval. About middle of the interval, I needed to add about 1.5 to 2 quarts each.

Best recommendation is to follow what is stated in your owner's manual. Not all vehicles/engines have the same interval. Many are 5,000 miles. My VW is 10,000. Also note there is typically a caveat about using a shorter interval for dirty or extreme conditions. 

If you don't do your own oil changes, always warm up the engine and then check the oil level before you leave the facility. Overfilling or underfilling is a sign of careless work. Get it remedied right away.

Failing to check the oil level after your vehicle is serviced, and then finding it is 1.5 to 2 qts. low when checking it several months later, provides little information as to the cause. Could be careless work, or a serious engine problem. Now that you have discovered it, keep a close eye on the oil level, at least once a week. Also look under the vehicle after it is parked overnight, for evidence on the ground of an oil leak. Could possibly be a dripping oil drain plug, either not properly tightened or missing the plug washer. If your parking space is already a mess of oil stains, simply slide a large piece of clean cardboard below the engine when you park for a more pristine view.

thx said:   

Best recommendation is to follow what is stated in your owner's manual. Not all vehicles/engines have the same interval. Many are 5,000 miles. My VW is 10,000. Also note there is typically a caveat about using a shorter interval for dirty or extreme conditions. 

If you don't do your own oil changes, always warm up the engine and then check the oil level before you leave the facility. Overfilling or underfilling is a sign of careless work. Get it remedied right away.

Failing to check the oil level after your vehicle is serviced, and then finding it is 1.5 to 2 qts. low when checking it several months later, provides little information as to the cause. Could be careless work, or a serious engine problem. Now that you have discovered it, keep a close eye on the oil level, at least once a week. Also look under the vehicle after it is parked overnight, for evidence on the ground of an oil leak. Could possibly be a dripping oil drain plug, either not properly tightened or missing the plug washer. If your parking space is already a mess of oil stains, simply slide a large piece of clean cardboard below the engine when you park for a more pristine view.

I bought this car brand new.  I thought the new engine should not drink oil that fast and I should not worry about oil or water level.  Now I discovered the problem a little late.  Oil on sale suddenly become my favorite link.

If you're adding a quart or two between 5,000 changes, there's something wrong with the car. Not that they will do anything about it. Several European manufacturers had issues with Teflon oring seals.

exbat said:   
kenwallet said:   
exbat said:   
Any one else?
Where is the rebate?

Did they credit you the shipping? I am not a Costco member so did not want to pull the trigger until this got sorted out.

And now it's too late, 5W30 OOS, pulled from my cart. My 81K engine is irritated.

OMG, this is hilarious, after reading this message and I realize that I forgot to call Costco yesterday.  I just called and the shipping will be refunded.   Thank you !!!

Skipping 3 Messages...
I just emailed them after placing the order and they got back to me the next morning with a refund.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017