• filter:
This deal has expired.

HP 22" Adjustable LCD Monitor LA2205WG (Refurbished) $39.99 a/MIR @ Newegg w/FS

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Newegg has the HP 22" Adjustable LCD Monitor LA2205WG (Refurbished) on sale for $79.99 - $10.00 using coupon code "EMCSRDBB6" - $30.00 Mail-in Rebate$39.99 with free shipping

• 22" (1680 x 1050) LCD Display
  • 250 cd/m2 Brightness
  • 1,000:1 Contrast
  • 5ms Response Time
  • Pivot, Swivel and Height Adjustable
  • 20.13 x 14.70 x 10.04 Inches

4.1/5 stars based on 40 customer reviews at Amazon.

Member Summary

hp 22" monitor (42.39kB)
Thanks Sdeout73
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
We have several of these monitors we got new/open box. Decent. Note that they are from 2010, so far from new.

Thing I like most about this model is that they have VESA mounting capability (100x100) unlike SO many HP monitors . You have to supply your own four 4 mm, 0.7 pitch, and 10 mm long screws to mount it.
VESA is what arms, wall mounts, etc. all use - it is an industry standard, but some manufacturers don't put the holes on their low end monitors to force "upsell".

With the right VESA arm, you can mount an old monitor like this sideways next to your other monitor(s) and it is will be about the same height as a 27" or 30" modern monitor. Great for coders or for displaying a reference document next to your main monitor (gamers can use it to show non-in-game content/reference). Very Handy.

It doesn't say who refurbed them. Newegg's standard is:

• "The product was tested and repaired as required to meet the standards of the refurbisher, which may or may not be the original manufacturer. "

Which means that the refurbisher did whatever they wanted to meet their own standard (too often, that kind of "refurbished" means "used lease returns, but we wiped the dust off them - and that meets our standard").

Says 1 year warranty, but not who supports the warranty.

Not saying these are bad monitors, only that they are almost guaranteed not to be HP refurbs (and that they are unlikely to be backed by an HP warranty or it would probably say so) . However, for $40 for a third screen, might be OK.

rated:
built in speakers? Could add a stick for a cheapo tv..

rated:
Okay, so here my web chat seeking answers on vendor providing warranty:
Agent : Thank you for your patience while I looked into this. After checking, I show that this is a refurbished item. Newegg will provide 30 days return. And there is a one year warranty.

Customer: i know
Customer: question is, if you read warranty link, please expand on the missing service provider info needed
Agent: This item is a refurbished item, the warranty is not provided by manufacturer. It was covered by vendor, if you have any issue about your product,you may contact us and we will help you contact vendor to take care of your issue.
Customer : Ok, let's start over....i read that..but the question is..."who is the vendor"
Customer : Says 1 year warranty, but not who supports the warranty.
Customer : Who is Vendor
Agent: There is no detailed information about this. But please assured that we will take card of your issue if there is any problems of your item.
Customer 3rd party is Who after 30 days
Agent : After we helped you contact vendor, vendor will contact you to assist you.
Customer: why is vendor not known
Agent Bonnie T.: As a customer service representative, we are not given that information.
Customer: can you ask a supervisor?
Agent: But your issue will be take care of with vendor. They will contact you after we send a request for you.

Agent: For refurbished products, you could contact Newegg for assistance, if item is still within the warranty. We would submit a request to our Internal Helpdesk team and they would contact the vendor on your behalf then. We're not given the exact information about this directly. I apologize.

rated:
Careful. Could be a tired old monitor. Amazon reviews go back 7 years, so this is an old model.
 Screens get dark and weak as the fluorescent tube back lights wear out.
 LED back light? Newegg says "YES" for this refurb, but "NO" for the same model when they sold them new, seven years ago.
 https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176132

I've bought similar old monitors used (yard sales, flea markets, two for $10 most recently).

rated:
Warranty and Refurb is through http://www.mtcusa.com/ .  Great company, been around for many years.  A+ BBB rating.

rated:
spark911 said:   Warranty and Refurb is through http://www.mtcusa.com/ .  Great company, been around for many years.  A+ BBB rating.
  where did you get this info from, nothing on the description or the reps at Newegg have this info.

rated:
itsme13 said:   
spark911 said:   Warranty and Refurb is through http://www.mtcusa.com/ .  Great company, been around for many years.  A+ BBB rating.
  where did you get this info from, nothing on the description or the reps at Newegg have this info.

Newegg reps just read from the scripts. they dont have any warranty info for anything. infact, they dont even have the real products in front of their face. their job is to sell or to assist u in sales.

rated:
Does it really matter who the warranty is through? Shipping costs will be higher than the value of the monitor, even if you can somehow force the vendor to actually fix it.

These are priced as low as they are because you're taking a risk. If the monitor is bad, your cheapest option is to junk it, regardless of any "warranty".

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017