@dell-Dell XPS 8910 Desktop: i7-6700, 16GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, GTX 750Ti, DVDRW, Win 10 Pro $690 + free shipping

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
$690 + free shipping w/ code XPS689

chassis is silver, not black! if you got amex offer, you can save $75 more

Specs:

Member Summary

Dell XPS 8910 Desktop
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thank you!

In for 1!

Thanks. Ordered 1. This price is better than Costco price.

The spec states
"Chipset
H170 or Z170 with Intel K CPUs only (some features of Z chipset not supported, including dual graphics)"

Does that mean I cannot connect 2 monitors to this PC?

And what is mHDMI port? Does it require a similar port on the monitor and a corresponding cable (i.e. a regular HDMI cable won't work)?

What is the wattage of the Power Supply in this PC?

In the description it states "...Your tower can support up to 225W full size graphics cards and up to four storage devices...". Most of the modern graphics cards require a high wattage PS. Does that mean I need an upgrade of the Power supply in order to install a more capable graphics card?

confused200 said:   The spec states
"Chipset
H170 or Z170 with Intel K CPUs only (some features of Z chipset not supported, including dual graphics)"

Does that mean I cannot connect 2 monitors to this PC?

And what is mHDMI port? Does it require a similar port on the monitor and a corresponding cable (i.e. a regular HDMI cable won't work)?

What is the wattage of the Power Supply in this PC?

In the description it states "...Your tower can support up to 225W full size graphics cards and up to four storage devices...". Most of the modern graphics cards require a high wattage PS. Does that mean I need an upgrade of the Power supply in order to install a more capable graphics card?

You will be able to connect your monitors through HDMI. To connect to monitors, it basically depends on the graphics card, which is the GTX 750Ti in this case. I have this card on my old computer, and it can output to 3 monitors. However, GTX 750Ti costs ~$50 nowadays, so this is not a good deal. You mostly pay for the CPU and RAM, not anything else. This computer should cost ~$400 - $450. Later, you will have to upgrade SSD, graphics card, and power supply, which will cost you at least $300+. Gaming with this computer would be GTA-medium 30-40 FPS, Overwatch-High 50-60 FPS, Witcher 3-Low 40 FPS. This is a decent desktop, not a great one for gaming though.

I am have not seen an I7 with the ram, operating system, case anywhere near 450 even in refurbished. I guess maybe if you built it yourself you could get there but I think even that would be a stretch. If you know of any let me know so I can cancel my order. 😀

Links do not go to this offer!!!

It just worked for me... You have to click review and enter the code to get this price though. Worked fine for me night before last.

XXXBerto55 said:   It just worked for me... You have to click review and enter the code to get this price though. Worked fine for me night before last.
  I confirm.  Worked for me last night, and for a second computer just now.  You have to look over a few pages and click review, and then enter the XPS689 and then it works fine!  (I tried to call in and have them send a second computer, but the Dell Employee, could not get the code to work either! )

OBTW  Their web site is crappy!

Dead, I think.

business class configuration!

Is this one still alive? Where is the "review" to click? On the Cart page? or the product page? I can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Coupon code has expired from Dell when trying to apply. I waited too long. Great deal to those that got in.

Has anyone received his/her order? Mine is stuck in Mexico since 3/17 according to FedEx.

My #1 order is waiting to be picked up...Label has been created.  I have no idea where it is now located?  At some point they indicated mine would arrive by end of the day tomorrow!  I assumed it was in Round Rock, TX?  But, quien sabes  It has been waiting to be picked up since early AM on Saturday... At least according to emails from Dell!

I got mine today, put in a SSD and installed windows fresh. Slimdrivers free updated all the drivers and it purrs. Now I wish I would have got two but it's really overkill for where I'd put the other.

Mine also arrived today. It was sitting in Mexico for a few days, and then all in a sudden started to move to El Paso yesterday, and got delivered today. Will install an SSD soon.

The only drawback is the optical is a proprietary drive. Someone said in my research a slim laptop drive will work but I don't know enough about that to order one. Plus a bluray is not needed for my use case but it'd be nice to have.

XXXBerto55 said:   The only drawback is the optical is a proprietary drive. Someone said in my research a slim laptop drive will work but I don't know enough about that to order one. Plus a bluray is not needed for my use case but it'd be nice to have.
  I think it also has an oddball power supply that can't be upgraded as well.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017