Wireless 720P Pan Tilt Network Home CCTV IP Camera IR Night Vision WiFi Webcam for $21.69 via eBay

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Wireless 720P Pan Tilt Network Home CCTV IP Camera IR Night Vision WiFi Webcam | eBay
Disclaimer
eBay has Wireless 720P Pan Tilt Network Home CCTV IP Camera IR Night Vision WiFi Webcam for $21.69.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-720P-Pan-Tilt-Network-Home-CCTV...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sound is OK but the camera mic is on all the time while viewing on a PC. So as far as the hardware goes except for the slower link speed, this is a decent camera.

Before you buy any cheap IP camera, be aware that it's probably one of the models that blabs everything to the internet behind your back and can be subverted easily, without knowing the passwords.

I had one here and disconnected it completely yesterday.  For the last week every time I viewed it, it was aimed somewhere I didn't leave it pointing and it was pretty clear it had been repeatedly subverted.  And that one was behind two firewalls.

https://pierrekim.github.io/blog/2017-03-08-camera-goahead-0day.html 

Notes:
1.  The manager of the site that revealed this vulnerability states that he has been strong-armed by the camera manufacturer to remove the list of over 1,250 camera models that can be subverted.
2.  The "manufacturers" of these cameras are doing exactly diddly-squat to fix the problem and it's not even mentioned on their web sites.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017