https://www.lowes.com/pd/Scotts-Turf-Builder-23-lb-Broadcast-Spreader/3017533

• Holds up to 5,000 square feet of Scotts lawn products
  • Designed to ensure superior results when used with Scotts lawn food
  • Features Scotts exclusive EdgeGuard Technology
  • Calibrated and ready to use
  • Fully assembled

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Ahhh, FSP = free store pickup

rated:
Good deal! I just bought this yesterday at my local HD for $34.99. Wish we had a Lowes, I'd try to return and price match.

rated:
Pretty good price, but 5000 s.f.?  That's less than an eighth of an acre.

rated:
Cheap quality, read the reviews.

rated:
Technogeek said:   Cheap quality, read the reviews.
  This.
I had one, and the plastic piece underneath simply snapped off. It was used for approx 2 hours. Lowes took it back without question, even though I'd had it for 4 months at that time. My guess is that I'm not the only one who had this issue.
You get what you pay for. If you use this on a 200 sq ft lawn, and one that doesn't have any holes, it's a good buy. Anything larger, and you really need a more solid device, with wider wheels and metal gears.

I bought an earthway spreader (for more money, of course), and it's going on its third year. I've used it to spread more than 2000 lbs of lime, as well as 300 lbs of fertilizer. No issues at all. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017