• filter:
This deal has expired.

Insignia - 96" Inflatable Outdoor Projector Screen - Black $99.99 at bestbuy.com + FS

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Posted with ToGo

Insignia - 96" Inflatable Outdoor Projector Screen - Black
$99.99
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-96-inflatable-outdoor-projector-screen-black/5467800.p?skuId=5467800

Includes:
  • 96" Insignia Inflatable Outdoor Projector Screen
  • Air Pump (AC powered)
  • Carrying Case
  • Tie-Down Kit

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
No projector, no deal!

rated:
Thanks OP.  Always kicked myself for not grabbing one when Home Depot sold a similar inflatable screen for $50; they sold out while I was debating whether or not to pull the trigger.  This isn't as great a deal but still a good discount, they're well rated and I already had a $60 Best Buy gift card so it came to less than $50 with shipping.  Looking forward to outdoor movies (once these 36" from Tuesday's snowstorm melt!).   

rated:
bethpolg said:   No projector, no deal!

$150 off on a $250 projector screen is no deal?...  any projector you get for $99 (without a screen) is going to be garbage to begin with.  Just saying. 

rated:
Alchemist42 said:   

$150 off on a $250 projector screen is no deal?...  any projector you get for $99 (without a screen) is going to be garbage to begin with.  Just saying. 

Totally agree with the first premise.  But for outdoor movie watching, you can find good projectors (older technology) for $100 on Craigslist without too much trouble.  I realize that this perspective is very subjective so fwiw:  I have two projectors currently that I use for outdoor movie watching:  The first is an NEC NP60 (native resolution of 1024x768, 3000 lumens) that I got for $80 used and love it.  The 2nd projector is an Optoma HD180 (1080p native res) w/ 1700 lumens that I scored for $100 as part of a used CL package.   But both projectors are awesome for outdoor movies (the NEC has a longer throw w/ ~720p but the Optoma has 1080p).  If you want new, that obviously makes my whole premise junk, but if you're first priority is to be frugal, I think you can get a very nice used device for $100.

In the last two years, I've found used CL projectors to come down significantly and for the outdoor experience, I think 720p is pretty impressive and that for $100 is not tough to find.   Keep in mind also that as far as bulb life goes, if you're only using this for a dozen moves or so per year, that having a bulb that has 25% lamp life remaining could last you as long as you could ever use it.  These bulbs are often rated at 2000 or 3000 hours.  So even 100 hours of remaining lamp life (assuming that the bulb lasts as long or longer than it is rated for) will get you quite a few two-hour movies!  And finally:  for outdoor casual use, I for one don't want to spend money on something that I need to worry about.  So to spend $600+ on a projector so I can invite a bunch of people over (potentially kiddos) to watch a movie while we all let loose an relax, there's too high a probability that something gets spilled or knocked over, or it starts to rain... etc!  So my suggestion is keep it inexpensive, you can always buy-up later!

Sorry for going a bit off-topic.

rated:
justanothergeek said:   
Alchemist42 said:   

Totally agree with the first premise.  But for outdoor movie watching, you can find good projectors (older technology) for $100 on Craigslist without too much trouble.  I realize that this perspective is very subjective so fwiw:  I have two projectors currently that I use for outdoor movie watching:  The first is an NEC NP60 (native resolution of 1024x768, 3000 lumens) that I got for $80 used and love it.  The 2nd projector is an Optoma HD180 (1080p native res) w/ 1700 lumens that I scored for $100 as part of a used CL package.   But both projectors are awesome for outdoor movies (the NEC has a longer throw w/ ~720p but the Optoma has 1080p).  If you want new, that obviously makes my whole premise junk, but if you're first priority is to be frugal, I think you can get a very nice used device for $100.

In the last two years, I've found used CL projectors to come down significantly and for the outdoor experience, I think 720p is pretty impressive and that for $100 is not tough to find.   Keep in mind also that as far as bulb life goes, if you're only using this for a dozen moves or so per year, that having a bulb that has 25% lamp life remaining could last you as long as you could ever use it.  These bulbs are often rated at 2000 or 3000 hours.  So even 100 hours of remaining lamp life (assuming that the bulb lasts as long or longer than it is rated for) will get you quite a few two-hour movies!  And finally:  for outdoor casual use, I for one don't want to spend money on something that I need to worry about.  So to spend $600+ on a projector so I can invite a bunch of people over (potentially kiddos) to watch a movie while we all let loose an relax, there's too high a probability that something gets spilled or knocked over, or it starts to rain... etc!  So my suggestion is keep it inexpensive, you can always buy-up later!

Sorry for going a bit off-topic.

Not off topic IMO...    good information.  I came at it from the idea that if I was using an inflatable screen for outdoor viewing I was probably off grid so I'd want a portable projector with a battery,  and while you can find some of those for $100 they are very low light and cheap knock off projectors.   If your going to watch TV in your back yard and can run an extension cord your right there are lots of high lumen   480p/720p projectors out there that won't cost you a first born. 

rated:
says 249 now, deal dead?

rated:
crap! hate I missed out on this one!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017