Directtv Now- Prepay 3 months $35 and receive 32gb apple tv free

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
i saw a post earlier for Amazon fire stick free with 1 month prepaid service, however, this deal stood out more than the fire stick. a bigger savings for applet tv which sells at apple for $149. see below for fineprint.Apple TV: Offer ends 3/30/17. New subscribers only. Prepay for 3 months and receive a Free Apple TV—Gen 4 32 GB. Online orders will be shipped FedEx ground to address provided. Non-refundable. 1 device offer per email address.DIRECTV NOW: Compatible device & browser req’d. Residential U.S. customers only (excl. P.R. & U.S.V.I.). Svc renews monthly (min. $35/mo.), billed to payment method on file until you cancel. Pricing, channels, features, and terms subject to change & may be discontinued without notice. Cancellation: View, modify or cancel at any time at directvnow.com. Once canceled you can access DIRECTV NOW through the remaining monthly period. No refunds or credits for any partial-month periods or unwatched content. GENERAL: Limit 2 concurrent streams per account. Programming subject to blackout restrictions. Taxes may apply.

Member Summary

appletv
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
not bad. thanks for sharing

loberosler (Mar. 24, 2017 @ 9:27a) |

Most of rural does receive OTA or Free TV.  Not that that matters since anyone considering OTA only needs to be concerne... (more)

wizwor (Mar. 24, 2017 @ 10:02a) |

I got this deal when they launched it. So far I'm please with the service.

demonkyo911 (Mar. 24, 2017 @ 2:01p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got in on this at launch.  Direct TV Now was HORRIBLE for a good 2 months.  Service is great now, and the Apple TV interface is top notch.

Umm...troy, are you a shill for Direct TV or something? The Apple TV interface for Direct TV is horrible.

the launch deal was so much better

How is DIRECTV NOW,

pretty good, I got grandfathered and then they tossed in HBO for a year. I cancelled my satellite bill. They admitted they weren't prepared for the huge growth, maybe it was those darn deal sites. I flipped my ATV so paid for the 3mo trial and now pay half for more channels, onea that I actually watch.

DVR and Roku app is way overdue. I miss commercial skip but I'll just mute or Swap audio to other display.  I'm hoping Youtube TV will have my local sports live so I can have both services for what I paid Directv. Often a better picture streaming than satellite, except perhaps in peak viewing on popular channels, like Disney.

FYI - TopCashBack is giving out $32 for signup through them..

last week AT&T announced that customers on the Go Big ($60 per month) or Gotta Have It ($70) channel tiers will receive a free year of HBO at no extra cost. The credit will be applied within three bill cycles, according to the offer’s fine print.

oops I meant Youtube TV not Google TV. Also Hulu TV on the way so keep your eyes peeled and use eye drops.  

forbin4040 said:   Umm...troy, are you a shill for Direct TV or something? The Apple TV interface for Direct TV is horrible.
  Really?  I like it.  Way better than on the Fire Stick, IMHO.

Haven't used it on the fire stick. The Apple TV4 remote is just too sensitive and you constantly shift channels when you are just trying to pause the screen or even type in the wifi password.

What would you guys suggest for a person who already has DirecTv but paying $165 mo. for 4 tv's and 2 old clunky hd dvr directv receivers.
I am not under contract anymore and need something way cheaper. I do have gigabit fiber available for internet it's like $70mo.
Any suggestions?

I canceled mine exactly at the 3 month mark. The good news is that it is super easy to cancel if someone wants to jump on the deal. I'm guessing a lot of customers dropped off, (so the service got better) and they need some new shills.

I have a 4th gen apple tv, but went ahead and did the 1 month firestick to play with that, will prob cancel @ end.. Also can get $32 with Be Frugal website (wait till day that the prepaid starts up again to cancel) for me it shows 5/1/2017 7pm, and i assume if cancelled on that date the 32$ cashback will still come.

cj

Just cancelled my DIRECTV NOW subscription. It's decent, but I'm currently under a promo with my cable company for cable and internet for $50+tax. When that runs out, I'll see if I can get just internet and might consider going back to DIRECTV NOW.

Yes, I am gonna cancel DTV Now too.. it was good for the free Apple TV! But I am under a great deal with my cable company, moved into a new house and cable was on! All HD networks, local sports channels and non HD channels without a box for 6 months now... Just pay for internet!

tried slingtv, but moved to playstation vue. better interface, better guide, multiple streams and DVR. i'd recommend

forbin4040 said:   Haven't used it on the fire stick. The Apple TV4 remote is just too sensitive and you constantly shift channels when you are just trying to pause the screen or even type in the wifi password.
  Worst remote I have ever used.  I thought people were exaggerating about it, but I never got used to it in the three months I had service.  The service was terrible, and I was happy to cancel.

sesquipedalian said:   
forbin4040 said:   Haven't used it on the fire stick. The Apple TV4 remote is just too sensitive and you constantly shift channels when you are just trying to pause the screen or even type in the wifi password.
  Worst remote I have ever used.  I thought people were exaggerating about it, but I never got used to it in the three months I had service.  The service was terrible, and I was happy to cancel.

Yea, I hate the Apple remoted.  Stopped using Apple TV because the remote was too sensitive

Still getting used to the remote after 3 months and you only can watch Amazon prime with airplay through a Iphone or Ipad

You can also get a free Firestick with one month prepay. I wish I could stack that on my Go Big deal, I have old firestick.

FYI here are the packages http://cdn.directv.com/content/dam/dtv/gmott/html/compare-packag...

tante said:   I canceled mine exactly at the 3 month mark. The good news is that it is super easy to cancel if someone wants to jump on the deal. I'm guessing a lot of customers dropped off, (so the service got better) and they need some new shills.
  You do know you can negotiate discounts with Directv? Most of the time all you have to do is ask. 

The Retentions dept. is your friend.

I love DIRECTV NOW since they finally solved the dreaded QP 1502 errors. Now if they will just add DVR....

troywellbuilt said:   I got in on this at launch.  Direct TV Now was HORRIBLE for a good 2 months.  Service is great now, and the Apple TV interface is top notch.
  I'm praying for the day Roku supports DirecTV so I can dump this complete piece of crap Apple TV.  The interface could't possibly be worse, and the remote is the worst of any tech product I've every owned in my life.   The service is OK.   Minor hiccups for me, but overall it's watchable.

cyberpitstop said:   What would you guys suggest for a person who already has DirecTv but paying $165 mo. for 4 tv's and 2 old clunky hd dvr directv receivers.
I am not under contract anymore and need something way cheaper. I do have gigabit fiber available for internet it's like $70mo.
Any suggestions?

Cancel and start DTV over? 4 rooms + genie starts at $50/month (all in). The devil is in the small print. Can you bundle with AT&T Wireless or internet? I think that's where the saving show up. I am pretty OK with DTV now, and appreciate the year of HBO free. Can we order a second DTV now account? I'm keeping the first, but might like a Roku stick, or 2nd Apple TV (which I like, except for the remote. That is probably designed for 4 y.o.s. I might try one of my Harmony 700s to replace it). I wish they had Roku TV option (for ethernet).

Fire TV works great for me on DTVN.  Service works great and the free year of HBO was an added bonus. I have a fire stick also but find it too slow and don't recommend them.  Flipped the Apple TV also for the first 3 months free. 

beejers said:   tried slingtv, but moved to playstation vue. better interface, better guide, multiple streams and DVR. i'd recommend
  I've had SlingTV since launch but I'm leaning towards Playstation Vue as well.  Decent price and DVR, and no restrictions to using only one stream at a time like SlingTV.

DTV Now is not worth the $35.  You can't get local TV networks live, such as news programs.  Also, CBS is not on the list of network channels.  You have to sign up for CBS online directly and pay for it.  Also, If your internet router is in one corner of the house, and a TV in the opposite corner in a 2 story home, good luck on getting a fast enough speed connection for video streaming.  Signing up for the REAL Direct TV via satellite is a much better deal.  

minimaseratijim said:   DTV Now is not worth the $35.  You can't get local TV networks live, such as news programs.  Also, CBS is not on the list of network channels.  You have to sign up for CBS online directly and pay for it.  Also, If your internet router is in one corner of the house, and a TV in the opposite corner in a 2 story home, good luck on getting a fast enough speed connection for video streaming.  Signing up for the REAL Direct TV via satellite is a much better deal.  
  There are lots of options for getting the internet to the other end of the house. Re CBS, I think most of the problem is CBS' fault. Most people can use an antenna to get local channels anyway.

UGH! I hate it when people tell me to move to town for OTA. Most of rural america does not get free local channels, get it?? Also I have both Directv and Direct Now and I can tell you the DIRECTV NOW app is miles ahead of satellite app. Not to mention the free HBOgo bonus. I cut the beam this week and not going back unless Directv begs me. I'll worry about local channels in fall for football.

Monkeybiz said:   Also I have both Directv and Direct Now and I can tell you the DIRECTV NOW app is miles ahead of satellite app. Not to mention the free HBOgo bonus. I cut the beam this week and not going back unless Directv begs me. I'll worry about local channels in fall for football.
  Too bad the DirecTVNow App is the only thing better than the Direct TV App.  
Because the Direct TV box is 500% better than the DirectTVNow App or Website.

Things I noticed on the website after getting HBO. 
1) You have to 'find' HBO. (No search, not obvious on main menu)
2) Once you are in HBO, you are presented with some links, Show All TV, Show All Movies, HBO East, etc, if you click on those links, you cannot go back to the main HBO (Well if you are too deep to use the back button), you have to go to #1 and 'search' for HBO.
3) The Search on top doesn't search into HBO, so If I want to watch Game Of Thrones, I have to spend approx 1 minute just getting to the menu.

On Direct TV Satellite none of this is needed, you can search all, or just go to the channel number and leave it there.

maybe some platforms are better then others, GoT on my HBOgo app on my FTV2 is smooth as butter and runs like a champ. I also have strong AC1900 router but prefer ethernet. My main bottle neck is DSL 20MB so 4K is a stretch.

I'm not bashing HBO, I'm bashing the DirecTVNow App.

I meant to say the DIRECTV NOW app seems to work better on the FTV2 than others as well. YMMV on other platforms and variables. I gotta get to work, sun is out.

Luniz97 said:   the launch deal was so much better
  How so?  Isnt this the same channel package?  

Be aware if you are buying this get it for the cheap streaming device. DTVNow still has many, many issues and you are likely to run into many of them daily. I'd say it's only a bit better than it was at launch. I've kept it the whole time. DTVNow on the FireTV Stick is sluggish it takes upwards of 20+ seconds to change a channel. It runs really good on the FireTV box though. Other apps don't have a problem on the stick so the 1 month prepaid is not a bad deal (5 weeks really you get 7 days free).  There's some misinformation in that top post. You don't get 100+ channels for $35/mo anymore that was the launch promotion that same package is $60 now. You won't get free HBO for a year either that was a gift to the early subscribers that were subscribed at the beginning of March.

The best perk of DTVNow is there's a couple dozen TV apps you can use your login on (Fox, ABC, NBC, Fox Sports, ESPN, HBO Go, SyFy, Bravo, etc.) so you don't have to attempt to use DTVNow's on demand which probably will not work right for you anyways.

How so? Isnt this the same channel package?
Launch deal was the $60 package for $35 for life.

=aw

no restrictions to using only one stream at a time like SlingTV.
FWIW, only Sling Orange is restricted to 1 stream. Sling Blue is 3 streams, Orange+Blue is 4 streams, and the addons have a variety of rules.

Has anyone tested the Orange limit? Hulu is officially restricted to 1 stream at a time but in my experience it's always worked with 2 (usually the second stream is my notebook streaming for bonus Plenti points ).

=aw

just bought it looking good on my computer monitor

forbin4040 said:   
Monkeybiz said:   Also I have both Directv and Direct Now and I can tell you the DIRECTV NOW app is miles ahead of satellite app. Not to mention the free HBOgo bonus. I cut the beam this week and not going back unless Directv begs me. I'll worry about local channels in fall for football.
  Too bad the DirecTVNow App is the only thing better than the Direct TV App.  
Because the Direct TV box is 500% better than the DirectTVNow App or Website.

Things I noticed on the website after getting HBO. 
1) You have to 'find' HBO. (No search, not obvious on main menu)
2) Once you are in HBO, you are presented with some links, Show All TV, Show All Movies, HBO East, etc, if you click on those links, you cannot go back to the main HBO (Well if you are too deep to use the back button), you have to go to #1 and 'search' for HBO.
3) The Search on top doesn't search into HBO, so If I want to watch Game Of Thrones, I have to spend approx 1 minute just getting to the menu.

On Direct TV Satellite none of this is needed, you can search all, or just go to the channel number and leave it there.

I use HBO Go mostly when I want to watch HBO.  Try that on your device.

Skipping 8 Messages...
I got this deal when they launched it. So far I'm please with the service.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017